Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for Ignis /wraith builds

-Oni-Bushido-

Question

I'm looking to see which mods you guys put in the weapon. I recently got a riven mod and I would like to see if heavy caliber, point strike, etc are worth the slots. Screenshots will be appreciated. thx

Right now I'm putting 2 dual stat mods, split chamber serration and speed trigger (total status: 105%). If my riven mod acquires firerate I will consider changing speed tr for the riven mod.

14 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

shred?

fire rate+ punch trough mod... so u can hit mutiple targets at same time.. or metal auger..only pounch trough..if u dont have that mods pm me in game if i have i can help

7 minutes ago, ashrah said:

fire rate+ punch trough mod... so u can hit mutiple targets at same time.. or metal auger..only pounch trough..if u dont have that mods pm me in game if i have i can help

6 minutes ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

the ignis already has innate punchthrough...

And its infinite on all its COF...

Serration, Heavy Caliber and Split Chamber are standard on every build. The accuracy loss from Heavy Caliber actually helps the Ignis in its primary function of AoE clearing / CC.

I'll usually use all four dual-stat elemental mods, but you can swap in Primed Cryo Rounds for more damage, or a Primed Bane if cold doesn't fit the damage profile you're after.

The final slot gives you a lot of flexibility:

• Sinister Reach - for more range
  • Firestorm - for broader spread
  • Combustion Beam - for huge damage on low to mid level enemies
  • Vile Acceleration - for more damage and status procs, if you can maintain ammo supply

As to which mod to drop for a riven, it obviously depends on the stats on the riven mod.

I'd probably drop an elemental mod or the utility mod, but if you get a lot of +damage on the riven then you could consider dropping Serration (rather than Heavy Caliber) if you're going for a build that uses Vile Acceleration.

.eJwNyUsOhCAMANC7cABoK5_iZQxBgiYqBDorM3e

Welp, here's my build if it helps. (the riven is pretty embarrassing imo, haven't found a good roll yet, so that could be replaced with anything). Don't try to make a non-crit weapon that's solely based on status, into a crit weapon. It COULD be a viable choice IF you have a riven that also increases crit chance, but honestly it's not all that worth it. If you want crit, go for other crowd destroyers that are based on crit like Soma (Prime), Amprex, Tonkor, etc. 

8 minutes ago, -MortisThorne- said:

Don't try to make a non-crit weapon that's solely based on status, into a crit weapon.

Not sure if this is entirely accurate in the case of the Ignis Wraith, with the reasonably buffed crit chance. With the new stats, it's able to get a decent amount of both crit and status. It's also important to note how status/sec is generally not as good as it would appear on beam weapons.

As others have said, don't use Shred as the punch through isn't necessary on a weapon that has good built in punch-through.

I would say that depending on whether you are going to lean more towards crit or status depends entirely on where you're going to use the thing.

• If taking it in lower level missions (i.e. say level 40 or below alerts, or use it for syndicate dailies), personally I wouldn't build for status as most things will melt in a second or two anyway - especially if you have combustion beam on (which I highly recommend in this scenario). Things just don't live long enough for the extra status to matter all that much. In this case I'd go for mainly 90% elemental mods for the extra killing power and most likely point strike / vital sense. At 30% crit, you'd be surprised how many crits you'll get spraying it around over crowds of enemies.
  • If taking it to higher level missions and you're using it as a support weapon, then status will come in handy for sure. The Ignis can become a really good status throwing hose, particularly with blast for the knockdown effect.

Fire rate mods will probably allow you to push the enemy level that the Ignis will be able to deal with (to maybe level 50-60 enemies) but at that point things will take a while to die and with the extra ammo you'll be chewing up, ammo management may become an issue.

Imo, have two different loadouts for it and choose the appropriate one depending on the mission you're running. Just don't expect it to maintain full effectiveness past level 50 enemies.

I'll just point out that the crit build is 100% viable for those running Adarza Kavats because basically a third of the time they will be running around with 90% crit. At which point 4.4x damage or better if you have a Nova MP or whatever debuff handy will clear the field pretty quickly.

I wouldn't go for crit on wraith, even if you have dual crit riven. You won't have room for fire rate so your dps will be instantly half less, then you lose base dmg mods for crit mods so your base dmg in lower. It's just not worth it.

This is what I use almost always.

Warframe0146.jpg

Edited by ViS4GE

5 hours ago, -MortisThorne- said:

.eJwNyUsOhCAMANC7cABoK5_iZQxBgiYqBDorM3e

Welp, here's my build if it helps. (the riven is pretty embarrassing imo, haven't found a good roll yet, so that could be replaced with anything). Don't try to make a non-crit weapon that's solely based on status, into a crit weapon. It COULD be a viable choice IF you have a riven that also increases crit chance, but honestly it's not all that worth it. If you want crit, go for other crowd destroyers that are based on crit like Soma (Prime), Amprex, Tonkor, etc. 

Pretty sure you''d get better dmg out of it if you replaced combustion beam with point strike and thermite rounds with a fire rate mod (if you can deal with the ammo consumption)