Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you imagine a tenno speargun ?

LascarCapable

5 hours ago, D20 said:

That looks neat. What devstream was that ?

75, timestamped here. You can also see the Corpus looking one, but that model was obviously not the final, so I imagine the same might occur for the Tenno one. I'm hoping that isn't the case though because the Tenno variant looks the best in my opinion. It also has a traditional spearhead, which I'm fond of, instead of an explosive spiked ball or electrified blunt tip.

Edited by LazerSkink

17 hours ago, Jackviator said:

I'm picturing a ballista-type weapon (basically like a giant siege crossbow) that fires massive bolts as the primary fire with the usual effect of pinning people to walls. This firing mode would visually resemble either the Boltor series, or a more traditonal crossbow like the Zhuge.

Once you begin the throw animation, the ballista portion of it retracts into the spear, and it begins to glow with Void energy. When it strikes the ground, a large Void energy explosion goes off that causes temporal disturbances (it would damage and then slow all enemies affected by the explosion for a small amount of time, Nova-style).

Something like this?

painkiller_hd___stake_thrower_by_sheygre

This is the stakegun from the painkiller series. This beauty nails enemies to the walls and if fired at long range, due to the fast projectile speed the stakes catch fire for more damage. A bit primitive for this game but with some modification it would fit perfectly.