Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best melee for high level missions?

Fuzzy6682

Question

24 answers to this question

This thread probably belongs in Players Helping Players.

A lot of melee weapons will work well at high levels. The best weapons will be determined by the resources you can put into them, your choice of frame, and your playstyle. If you have solid crit mods, the Atterax, Galatine Prime, Nikana Prime, and Telos Boltace are probably the top dogs in terms of raw damage. Any dagger will scale infinitely when paired with Covert Lethality and a warframe built to enable finishers, and the Rakta Dark Dagger is the best of the bunch due to its high attack speed and syndicate mod. The Lesion does very well for me, especially if you can get your hands on a Condition Overload mod. The Hirudo does decent damage and has a built-in healing effect that can be used with quick melees, so it is a solid choice if you don't mind its short range. I recall hearing that the Heliocor and Fragor Prime are also very good, but I don't pay much attention to hammers, so I can't place their usefulness relative to the other weapons on this list.

I am also fond of the Orvius and Prisma Skana, though neither of them will scale tremendously well without a fairly expensive build.

Atterax is all you need. I run a crit build with Maiming Strike and Primed Reach. Telos Boltace is also great with Relentless, Primed Reach, and Condition Overload.Though if you are fighting lvl 200+ non-infested enemies without a Banshee, you better just take a Covert Letality dagger with a frame that opens enemies up to finishers.

Edited by CherryPauper

6 hours ago, (PS4)eliasgustavo said:

Reaper prime,dakra prime,galatine prime,secura lecta,glaive prime,mios,war,zenistar,dual ichor,bo prime,ankyros prime,venka prime.Ash + Fatal teleport+rakta dark dagger+cover lethality=9999 lvl (Died)

No Atterax? Son I am disappoint.

The atterax is also good, but it requires forms, the telos boltace I use it quite a lot because of the spiral attack that it does when it slides, the nikana prime is also good although I do not use it so much because I do not like katanas so much, I like the Melee long reach, butchers prisms are good too, and the jat kittag I have it without forms and kills very well, the heliocor you can use but needs forms, I the weapon that if or if I recommend that I have it for a long time Time and is with that I stay, is the reaper prime, I have 3 ways because I had to change the guard.always

6 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Galatine Prime, Nikana Prime. Depending on your strategy maybe even Telos Boltace (best melee for Saryn)

I use saryn molt with zenistar, because when I make the attack loaded and I throw the disc, they always break the spores.

Edited by (PS4)eliasgustavo

4 hours ago, (PS4)eliasgustavo said:

I use saryn molt with zenistar, because when I make the attack loaded and I throw the disc, they always break the spores.

Telos Boltace on the other side fully carrys toxic leash on its radial wave, up to a radius of 24m with max primed reach, by itself setting a guaranteed slash procc, next to the guaranteed lash toxic procc from leash and viral proccs from spores, by itself offering a 25% status base for puncture and elements. That's at least 3-4 status types with each hit in a 48m distance around you, popping at least 1 spore per hit enemy.

Math with maiming strike, a crit mod and condition overload: (damage with the ~3,6 crit multiplier) x1,6 x1,6 x1,6 x1,6 weapon damage - beeing the base for toxic leash.

Kavat charm makes you red crit occasionally, doubling the crit multiplier ;) 

The waves fall off with distance, similar to excals ult but this is still easily the best use of her toxic leash possible

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

6 hours ago, Fuzzy6682 said:

Would you guys say that the Jat Kittag is viable if built with blood rush or something? It's currently my favourite weapon style.

It's not bad. 

It is one of the good ones.

But if you're asking for THE best, you gotta get Atterax and Telos Boltace. 

6 hours ago, Fuzzy6682 said:

Would you guys say that the Jat Kittag is viable if built with blood rush or something? It's currently my favourite weapon style.

Jat has okay crit stats so I guess it'll work. I personally only use my Jat as a finisher tool with Vulcan Blitz. One-shot a heavy enemy with a finisher and watch everything around them explode.

For the absolute best though, single daggers with Covert Lethality. Nothing out there can beat a mod that completely ignores enemy scaling. 

On 3/13/2017 at 1:03 PM, ashrah said:

if u go stealth ceramic dagger...  its faster from any other...wen u use covert letahlity dmg dosent matter..... 

Finisher speed is only affected by mods, not the weapon's base speed. If you had a dagger with a 0.01 base attack speed and a dagger with 2.0 base attack speed, both of them would have identical Finisher speeds.

OT:
If you don't mind taking advantage of bugs, the Atterax (since Maiming Strike + Blood Rush unintentionally stack) is hilariously powerful, and an "Invisibility/Blindness + Lesion/SecuraLecta/TBoltace/Atterax/etc" combo (since the 8x stealth multiplier unintentionally gets applied multiple times on Status procs) is gamebreakingly powerful.

Edited by SortaRandom
Correction: MaimStrike + BloodRush interaction appears to be intentional.

4 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Finisher speed is only affected by mods, not the weapon's base speed. If you had a dagger with a 0.01 base attack speed and a 2.0 base attack speed, both of them would have identical Finisher speeds.

OT:
If you don't mind taking advantage of bugs, the Atterax (since Maiming Strike + Blood Rush unintentionally stack) is hilariously powerful, and an "Invisibility/Blindness + Lesion/SecuraLecta/TBoltace/Atterax/etc" combo (since the 8x stealth multiplier unintentionally gets applied multiple times on Status procs) is gamebreakingly powerful.

ahh i was think that is faster animation on cheramic dagger.. never test that...i get used on ceramic dagger even i have them all maxed but yeah...tnx for info

17 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Jat has okay crit stats so I guess it'll work. I personally only use my Jat as a finisher tool with Vulcan Blitz. One-shot a heavy enemy with a finisher and watch everything around them explode.

For the absolute best though, single daggers with Covert Lethality. Nothing out there can beat a mod that completely ignores enemy scaling. 

What are your thoughts on the Fragor Prime?

1 hour ago, Fuzzy6682 said:

What are your thoughts on the Fragor Prime?

It's decent. It has the best crit stats for hammers but it's really, really slow at 0.8 base attack speed.

If you're going for the typical Blood Rush crit build instead of finisher-spamming like me you might want to consider the Heliocor. It's a fairly decent hammer from Simaris and is kinda between Jat and Fragor Prime in terms of dps. Don't get the Synoid version though, it's basically worse in every way and trades it for a spectre gimmick.

If you want to compare them with the same build - Jat Kittag | Heliocor | Fragor Prime

Note : I don't think wfbuilder calculates melee DPS correctly, so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Edited by TotallyLagging