The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick melee for Javlok and Ferrox?

Bibliothekar

Considering Javlok and Ferrox are a somewhat unique design as staff-based primaries, I think it would be cool if they had access to staves' quick-melee (I don't even mind if it's through a special mod). I'd really like to just quickly smack an enemy with Javlok when I hit E instead of the usual spiel of "magically swap primary for melee, hit enemy, holster melee, unholster primary".

Despite being named spearguns, neither end of these guns looks like it could be well suited for melee. The front part is in both cases a gun, which don't look like they have a very sturdy structural integrity (the Ferrox in particular is mostly two energy conducting forks held together by a metal ring infront).

So you would essentialy hit enemies with the part of the weapon that is not supposed to be used to hit enemies with in an emergency. That's what the rifle butt is traditionaly used for when a bayonet isn't attached. That is also why the staffguns in Stargate have a big solid knob on one end to hit enemies with.

While the other end of the Ferrox could work as a sort of simple staff end for a quick hit, a more balanced and dedicated melee weapon would certainly be a better idea.

Finaly the other end of the Javlok is an explosive warhead! You are allready in danger of dying when throwing it at an enemy who is too close to you. Do you really want to hit enemies with it in melee? Of course you would, but you would likely get downed and that is counter productive.

These weapons are staff shaped guns first and ill suited looking for melee.