Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just a bunch of newbie questions :P

(PSN)Its-Amzz

Question

Hey guys, 

Just recently joined warframe and I'm having a blast. Maxed out Excalibur and I'm on level 2 mastery rank. I've been reading a lot of guides but they're all very helpful but they still seem very general. My questions are,

What do I do now that I've maxed my warframe?

How do I find out which mods are best for my current equipment?

Should I be saving the extras of mods I get or doing something with them?

There was this cool gun that shot out green bubbles whats it called and how can I get it?

Whats the best way to spend platinum?

What warframe should I be aiming to get?

What weapons at my current level should I have or be aiming to get?

What weapons should I aim to get for the future?

Some insight would be appreciated and sorry for the trouble in advance :P

Oh and I'm currently using,

Excalibur Warframe - 30

Skana Meele - 29

Spurta? (beginner shotgun you get with credits) Primary weapon - 20

Furtis? (beginner automatic pistol credits) Secondary weapon - 17

Thanks again. 

15 answers to this question

You can forma frames to make them fit better/more mods. This is where you add a polarity to a slot to make a mod take up half the space which will give you more capacity for other mods. You should try to get mods like Blind Rage, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Continuity, Flow, Streamline, Intensify etc.

Watch YouTube videos on builds. Use the Wiki. There will be a lot of mods you will be using across all builds like Serration/Hornet Strike/Pressure Point/Point Blank, Split Chamber/Hell's Chamber/Barrel Diffusion, etc.

You can sell them for credits or endo (which you use to max mods).

There was this cool gun that shot out green bubbles whats it called and how can I get it?

Synoid Simulor? You can get it from Cephalon Suda kiosk next to your navigation station (left side) on your ship or you can get the regular Simulor from Simaris at the relays.

I spend it on mods, catalysts, and forma.When I was a new player, I spent my plat on getting the mods that I wanted so that I could have the best frame/weapon setup for my playstyle. You can also buy Syndicate weapons which are pretty powerful. I pretty much farmed prime parts on my own, but you can buy those as well. 

Doesn't really matter, but my favorites are Ember, Nova, Loki, Frost (for sure get the last 3 since they are requested a lot for squads and they are good enough to solo sorties).

Focus on clearing the star chart and raising your mastery level. It will give you access to better weapons. Regular Boltor is pretty decent along with Karak and Soma. When I was a new player, I aimed for the Tonkor and it got me VERY far in the game. It's still my most used even though I haven't used it in months.

I primarily use Vaykor Hek, Sobek, Soma Prime, Karak Wraith, Tigris Prime, Atterax, Euphona Prime, Rakta Cernos, and Sonicor. AOE weapons are very good and there are a lot of great weapons in this game. Just stay away from sniper rifles.

Edited by CherryPauper

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Its-Amzz said:

Hey guys, 

Just recently joined warframe and I'm having a blast. Maxed out Excalibur and I'm on level 2 mastery rank. I've been reading a lot of guides but they're all very helpful but they still seem very general. My questions are,

You make a new Warframe and max that.  Keep maxing out equipment, upgrading it, and selling stuff you don't need any more.  In this game, the more you use, the better.  Even if you hate it, get it to Rank 30 and sell it off.

As a rule of thumb: Serration, Hornet Strike, and Pressure Point are mandatory.  Those aside, it's a good idea to have Multishot mods, as those add free bullets into your shots.  Aside from those, look at the stats and figure it out.

Break them down into Endo or make them into Credits, or, if it's a rare mod, see about selling it for a bit of plat on the side.

Synoid Simulor, and you are not getting that for a while.  Unless I'm thinking wrong.

SLOTS.  Get a warframe slot and two packages of weapon slots.  Catalysts and Reactors come second.  All else is usually meaningless fluff.

You have Rhino unlocked, and I presume you hit Mars - You can get your mittens on Rhino (Venus), and Frost (Mars), but Frost won't be craftable until you hit Jupiter.  If you got Phobos, you can also begin collecting Mag parts.

Get the Cronus off of Vor, and if you can, make an actual Furis.  Those won't see you to the endgame, but they do hit harder than what you've got.  After that, it's up to you.

There's no real 'answer' to this one.  If you like your playstyle, aim for stronger weapons in that same general style, but don't be afraid to mix it up, either.

Excalibur Warframe - 30

Skana Meele - 29

Thanks again. 

I've quoted you, your answers in that quote.

Maxed frame?

Well, you can add Forma, Reactor, or work on another frame. A situation Excalibur wouldn't do great in you could have Frost as an alternative, per say.

A general idea for mods on your equipment?

Generally, if I'm just stumped on something I'll look on H3dsh0t's channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4fHIsEEW4TubX6rO8STYQ) and there's also http://warframe-builder.com/ to look at other build ideas.

Saving extra mods?

Best idea usually is keep rarer mods like stances, gold, and auras, while when you end up with 50-200 of Vitality or a sentinel targeting mechanism, you won't need all that, and you can convert those into Endo to power the mods you're using.

Green Bubbles?

Specify? I am unsure exactly what you mean, but Saryn's spores ability will leave some on the target, and we're talking weapons specifically we also have the Stug which is quite an old secondary.

Best way to spend platinum?

Generally things you cannot obtain without platinum, like colour palettes and skins for frames and weapons very very much slots too (grab those slots), if you're set in that field you can go to Trading chat or https://warframe.market/ to obtain items you're looking for though I'd recommend trying to farm it first. Drop boosters will always be better than buying a resource with plat, they will get you much more for the price. Forma, Reactors, and Catalysts can be obtained without plat through alerts and invasions, but you're going to need a fair bit of forma/catalysts, you will need the least reactors and they appear commonly, I'd say avoid them.

What frame to get?

This depends on your playstyle and mission, I cannot say that enough. Loki and Ivara are generally good for stealth/spy, Frost and Nova are good at defense/mobile defense, and so on. I of course cannot pick your frame for you, but you'll likely need them for mastery anyway so experiment! Find out what you like, who is good where, it will come in handy.

Weapons on the current level?

Early game weapons may not be what you stick with forever, but I found the Sydon and Serro are clan research polearms that aren't too hard to get early on so long as you have a clan with them researched, I still use them to this day too, but a lot of folks tend to move on.

Weapons to get later?

Here's my take on it, find something you like, enjoy the way it feels, keep it. A lot of my absolute favorites tend to be considered "mastery fodder" but with enough dedication and endo, some forma and a riven later pretty much anything can become a monster. My first favorite early on was the Dera, it's one of the weaker weapons in general but I really loved it's accuracy and laser fun, a year or two later the Dera Vandal is my go-to weapon and holds up pretty much everywhere. If you like something enough, you shouldn't give up on it just because it isn't crazy from the start. Find what feels nice in the hand.

I hope I helped a bit! I tried anyway.

Edited by Serinexxa
I forgot an important detail

17 minutes ago, Serinexxa said:

Maxed frame?

Well, you can add Forma, Reactor, or work on another frame. A situation Excalibur wouldn't do great in you could have Frost as an alternative, per say.

A general idea for mods on your equipment?

Generally, if I'm just stumped on something I'll look on H3dsh0t's channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4fHIsEEW4TubX6rO8STYQ) and there's also http://warframe-builder.com/ to look at other build ideas.

Saving extra mods?

Best idea usually is keep rarer mods like stances, gold, and auras, while when you end up with 50-200 of Vitality or a sentinel targeting mechanism, you won't need all that, and you can convert those into Endo to power the mods you're using.

Green Bubbles?

Specify? I am unsure exactly what you mean, but Saryn's spores ability will leave some on the target, and we're talking weapons specifically we also have the Stug which is quite an old secondary.

Best way to spend platinum?

Generally things you cannot obtain without platinum, like colour palettes and skins for frames and weapons very very much slots too (grab those slots), if you're set in that field you can go to Trading chat or https://warframe.market/ to obtain items you're looking for though I'd recommend trying to farm it first. Drop boosters will always be better than buying a resource with plat, they will get you much more for the price. Forma, Reactors, and Catalysts can be obtained without plat through alerts and invasions, but you're going to need a fair bit of forma/catalysts, you will need the least reactors and they appear commonly, I'd say avoid them.

What frame to get?

This depends on your playstyle and mission, I cannot say that enough. Loki and Ivara are generally good for stealth/spy, Frost and Nova are good at defense/mobile defense, and so on. I of course cannot pick your frame for you, but you'll likely need them for mastery anyway so experiment! Find out what you like, who is good where, it will come in handy.

Weapons on the current level?

Early game weapons may not be what you stick with forever, but I found the Sydon and Serro are clan research polearms that aren't too hard to get early on so long as you have a clan with them researched, I still use them to this day too, but a lot of folks tend to move on.

Weapons to get later?

Here's my take on it, find something you like, enjoy the way it feels, keep it. A lot of my absolute favorites tend to be considered "mastery fodder" but with enough dedication and endo, some forma and a riven later pretty much anything can become a monster. My first favorite early on was the Dera, it's one of the weaker weapons in general but I really loved it's accuracy and laser fun, a year or two later the Dera Vandal is my go-to weapon and holds up pretty much everywhere. If you like something enough, you shouldn't give up on it just because it isn't crazy from the start. Find what feels nice in the hand.

I hope I helped a bit! I tried anyway.

I'm definitely gonna check out the weapons and frames you mentioned. Thank you.

29 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

About weapons you should get i belive tonkor is the best for very beggining. You gonna get bored after a while but this weapon makes so much damege that you won't have any problems with lvl 100 enemies

Thanks man appreciate it.

40 minutes ago, Sintag said:

I've quoted you, your answers in that quote.

Thanks for the info really helpful. Is Cronus a weapon drop or a blueprint btw.

47 minutes ago, CherryPauper said:

You can forma frames to make them fit better/more mods. This is where you add a polarity to a slot to make a mod take up half the space which will give you more capacity for other mods. You should try to get mods like Blind Rage, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Continuity, Flow, Streamline, Intensify etc.

Watch YouTube videos on builds. Use the Wiki. There will be a lot of mods you will be using across all builds like Serration/Hornet Strike/Pressure Point/Point Blank, Split Chamber/Hell's Chamber/Barrel Diffusion, etc.

You can sell them for credits or endo (which you use to max mods).

Synoid Simulor? You can get it from Cephalon Suda kiosk next to your navigation station (left side) on your ship or you can get the regular Simulor from Simaris at the relays.

I spend it on mods, catalysts, and forma.When I was a new player, I spent my plat on getting the mods that I wanted so that I could have the best frame/weapon setup for my playstyle. You can also buy Syndicate weapons which are pretty powerful. I pretty much farmed prime parts on my own, but you can buy those as well. 

Doesn't really matter, but my favorites are Ember, Nova, Loki, Frost (for sure get the last 3 since they are requested a lot for squads and they are good enough to solo sorties).

Focus on clearing the star chart and raising your mastery level. It will give you access to better weapons. Regular Boltor is pretty decent along with Karak and Soma. When I was a new player, I aimed for the Tonkor and it got me VERY far in the game. It's still my most used even though I haven't used it in months.

I primarily use Vaykor Hek, Sobek, Soma Prime, Karak Wraith, Tigris Prime, Atterax, Euphona Prime, Rakta Cernos, and Sonicor. AOE weapons are very good and there are a lot of great weapons in this game. Just stay away from sniper rifles.

Looool why sniper rifles ? Thank you for the wall of text. Its really helpful.

2 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

About weapons you should get i belive tonkor is the best for very beggining. You gonna get bored after a while but this weapon makes so much damege that you won't have any problems with lvl 100 enemies

1) Tonkor requires 2 argon, 800 cryotics and 200 oxium, which leads us to farming;

2) Tonkor vs lvl 100 requires certain mods and some of those are god damn rare, which leads us to, surprise, farming;

Great weapon for beginner. Also beginners do face lvl 100 mobs on a daily basis.

Oh yeah, talking about lvl 100 mobs, maxing out Serration mod requires 20,460 Endo and 988,218 Credits, which leads us to some hardcore farming requiring, remind me, what popural gear exactly? Secura something? Chroma? Pluto Dark Sectors?

P.S. Tonkor needs mastery rank of 5 to use btw.

Edited by Haxa6

You could add a reactor(potato)or polarize certain slots to get more capacity for different mods.

You look for them online,most builds have these mods repeated.For example, Flow,Continuity,Vitality,Redirection,Steel Fibre etc.

Most duplicate mods should be sold for endo except for corrupted mods which are useful to have multiple of with different levels

Synoid Simulor? If that's it u'll need to get into syndicates and can be bought from Cephalon Suda

With your starting platinum, i suggest buying slots.As u can't trade it, but when u get later into the game, get some cosmetics for the true endgame and buy some PRIME warframes and weapons.

Depends on what u want to play.(Following is the frames i think do the best in the categories)

Healing: Trinity/Equinox

CC:Nova/Vauban/Frost

Dmg:(ooo boyyy this is gonna be long)Equinox/Mesa/Excalibro/Any Frame With Stealth(WITH GAS MELEE ONLY)/Frost/Mirage/BanCHEESE

3 Weapons

1.Tonkor

2.Tonkor

3.Tonkor

(honestly get the staticor/sonicor for secondary and atterax for melee)

Hmm...

Lesion

Nikana Prime

Tigris Prime

Ferrox

Galatine Prime

Akstilletos Prime

And Of Course...

The TRUE BEST THING IN THE GAME

KNOWN FOR KILLING ANYTHING JUST BY SEEING IT

Image result for warframe godframe oberon

GODFRAME

PS:

I recommend to watch some videos on the direction if u are lost.

Many late game players also lose direction at times

Edited by AeroVero
cuz

You build the next Warframe. Progress in the star chart to defeat bosses to get Warframe components to craft in your foundry with the blueprint for the frame purchased from the marketplace.

Weapons, damage mods. Warframe, check your frame's abilities and use mods that synergize with those abilities. Trial and error.

Dissolve extra mods into endo to upgrade the mods you use. 

You can view the equipment of your squad in the pause menu. Go up to the squad and scroll across them and it'll show the warframe they're using, the weapons they have equipped and the aura mod they are using.

Slots. Weapon slots and warframe slots. Otherwise you have to delete weapons and warframes to be able to use the new ones you'll be crafting once you've used up the free slots the game gives you (not many).

All of them. You want the affinity obtained from leveling them up to get your mastery rank up. If you don't like the frame you can always ditch it when you've got the affinity from it. If you do like it you can invest the resources and time to make it stronger and stronger (with mods).

All of them. You want the affinity obtained from leveling them up to get your mastery rank up. If you don't like the weapon you can always ditch it when you've got the affinity from it. If you do like it you can invest the resources and time to make it stronger and stronger (with mods).

All of them.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

For new players I think the best weapons are hek (mr 4) and dread (with catalyst)

other tips

Play spy and try to get all Data Vaults (to get good mod like Frigid Blast /Hell's Chamber / Rime Rounds / Vicious Frost) (no alarms to get good experience )

Go to void and destroy Storage Container on secret room for good mods like vital sense,Streamline( if you haven't unlocked the void, you can do to marro's ayatan mission)

Hek (no forma) point blank, hell's chamber ,  contagius spread, charged shell  ,Chilling Reload ,Accelerated Blast

Chilling Reload ,Accelerated Blast are nigtmare mod (unlock all early planet node and you can play it)

Dread (best with 3 forma) Serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, speed trigger , infected clip, stormbringer, hammer shot

and play derelict with dragon key for many good mod

Edited by GmG-ITA

Also (admittedly not one of your questions :-) ) start opening up as much of the star chart as you can...complete missions, do the pre-requisites for the junctions and unlock planets. This will help with the resource farming you'll need to build the weapons you'll want to play with!

Regarding your clan question:

Clans come in different tiers, linked to their maximum membership capacity. Ghost is the smallest being 1 to 10 people. A clan has a Dojo (it's home base) and the clan warlord/architect designs the layout of the rooms within. These include laboratories where certain warframes and weapons are researched. The amount of resources needed to research any weapon or frame depends on the tier of the clan with larger clans requiring a lot more. Once something is researched clan members can purchase its blueprint for credits in the laboratory and then build it in their foundry. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)Its-Amzz said:

...Looool why sniper rifles ?...

According to the members of the community that have tested them sniper rifles aren't quite where they should be in terms of damage especially when compared to some assault rifles and bows, the two weapon types that are the closest to them functionally.  The other weapon types have at least one and usually several excellent choices for top tier weapons.  Sniper rifles don't from what I've been reading.

2 hours ago, Arcainyx said:

According to the members of the community that have tested them sniper rifles aren't quite where they should be in terms of damage especially when compared to some assault rifles and bows, the two weapon types that are the closest to them functionally.  The other weapon types have at least one and usually several excellent choices for top tier weapons.  Sniper rifles don't from what I've been reading.

That's all mostly personal preference.  Here's the truth, IMO. There are at least three very good sniper rifles that can do very well end game.  Those are Vectis Prime, Lanka, and Rubico(my personal favorite).  The thing that most don't like about sniper rifles is they generally require precision shots, have to be reloaded after about 3 or 5 shots, and generally have very bad hip fire accuracy.  The last one usually is what turns away most from using them.  This is because using the sniper rifles almost completely goes against the run-n-gun, gotta go fast gameplay style that most use.  Please be aware that all of this is subjective and can and does change per player.

There are some frames that can really get the most out of snipers regardless of the other drawbacks.  Those frames are Nova, Ivara, and Banshee.  Of course there are a few more, but those that I mentioned have advantages that cater to snipers rifles. 

Not knocking you Arcainyx.  :D  Just giving a more detailed answer/analysis of sniper rifles as I use them and bows regularly.  Happy Hunting fellow Tenno and Welcome to the fold (PS4)Its-Amzz   

18 hours ago, (PS4)Its-Amzz said:

Hey guys, 

1. What do I do now that I've maxed my warframe?
  2. How do I find out which mods are best for my current equipment?
  3. Should I be saving the extras of mods I get or doing something with them?
  4. There was this cool gun that shot out green bubbles whats it called and how can I get it?
  5. Whats the best way to spend platinum?
  6. What warframe should I be aiming to get?
  7. What weapons at my current level should I have or be aiming to get?
  8. What weapons should I aim to get for the future?

Excalibur Warframe - 30

Skana Meele - 29

Thanks again. 

1. You farm. Warframe is farming simulator, you grind so you can grind. Sad truth though game is good enough to not burn players out unless they do meta camp teams. And almost everything can be obtained by simply playing the game.
  2. Dmg is always first thing you put on gun. If weapon is crit (20% or more crit chance) put +crit chance +crit multiplier mods. Then, go for elementals. Ammo mutation mods are a must on most weapons with fire rate higher than 10. Don't bother with status for now, it requires more advance mods.
    For now, you should use viral(toxin+cold) and/or heat dmg vs Grineer, toxin dmg vs Corpus (toxin ignores shields) and corrosive (electricity+toxin) and/or heat dmg vs Infested as your elemental dmg.
  3. Sentinel weapons use standard weapon mods. That's one of the reasons to keep duplicates but you will dissolve most of them.
  4. (Synoid) Simulor. Will likely stop being funny for you after 999th miramulor (Mirage+Synoid) murdering everything before you can even aim. Regular Simulor is Simaris offering, Synoid- Cephalon Suda's.
  5. For new players, I'd say slots. Primarily Warframe slots.
  6. Rhino is probably best newbie frame. He has mobility at his first skill (though I almost never use mobility skills- bullet jumping is easier to control and doesn't consume precious energy), can tank with second, increase his dmg with third, CC and deal dmg with four.
    Excalibur is great frame and is similar in some aspects as he has mobility, CC and much better dmg but he can't tank half as good. Also, Exalted Blade scales from melee mods. Well modded will help you immensely.
  7. At your rank I'd say best weapon is Zhuge. It will be harder to get though- you will need some Nitain Extracts which appear only as alert reward, and Argon Crystals, which only drop at Void.
    I'd say you should go for Grakata (though you will need Ammo Mutation or you will find yourself without ammo fairly often) or Strun. Shotguns in general are, in my opinion, better choice for newbies because their mods are generally easier to rank.
  8. I'd recommend aiming for Hek or Tigris. They are only rank four but have very high dmg and ammo efficiency and should carry you through most of the game, they also have fairly low resource cost.

I'd also recommend using Warframe Wiki. It contains literally everything about game.

Edited by Slaviar