Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is 2250 shield a lot?

mosaickle

Question

Haven't maxed out what I need to just yet but I'm kinda running a 'semi-EV' build on Trin (Prime if that changes anything) and got myself to 2250 shield, is that a lot?

If not, how can I push it further? 

Edited by Atylia

13 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

It's decent amount, but it's completely useless against enemies that deal damages that can bypass shield (toxin and slash, for example).  

Slash doesn't bypass shields; Finisher does. A Slash proc deals Finisher damage

(and it's such a tiny amount I'm not sure why you're afraid of it; the only Slash procs to kill me are the Bouncing Betty traps in the Kuva Fort)

Edited by TARINunit9

42 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

It's decent amount, but it's completely useless against enemies that deal damages that can bypass shield (toxin and slash, for example).  

That's where my Blessing comes in doesn't it?

If it's decent, how can I push it to the max?

all Warframes can universally have 1200pts of Overshield. for Trinity Prime(any Warframe with 150 Shield), that means w/ Redirection makes for a limit of 2310.
Frost Prime can be higher, at 2495.

it's basically the same for everyone since the Overshield limit is the same for everyone.

55 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

splitting hairs: the distinction is Slash Status.
it's assumed (even if that's liable for confusion) that people know in reference to Slash Status.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, Atylia said:

That's where my Blessing comes in doesn't it?

If it's decent, how can I push it to the max?

Sure, but you can use Trinity's Link and not get hurt badly enough to use Blessing in the first place, but if you're running an EV build, her Link will be pretty useless.

2250 sounds like it's Trinity's normal shield plus overshield, which Gelkor already mentioned.  Was your shield number purple when it was at 2250?  Anyway, if you want to reach maxed shield, use max leveled Redirection (1110) and maxed level Primed Vigor (405, I think) for a total of 1515, and then use her augment Vampire Leech or Shield Restore pads or Sentinel's Shield charger to generate up to 1200 points of overshield (of course there are other ways of getting overshield).  Total would be 2715 shield + overshield.   

29 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

(and it's such a tiny amount I'm not sure why you're afraid of it; the only Slash procs to kill me are the Bouncing Betty traps in the Kuva Fort)

You are splitting hair here.  Yes, Slash can cause finisher damage, but Slash damage can proc status effect bleed which caused DoT that do bypass shield.

If you read the status effect on the wiki: 

Enemies also possess the ability to inflict status effects on Tenno. For example, a Grineer Scorch has a chance to inflict the Ignited status effect with the Heat damage from his Ignis. Similarly, enemies are also able to inflict physical procs such as Bleeding (associated with Slash damage) directly to the player's health.

Where did I mention that I'm afraid of slash or other DoT?  If I fall from slash damage, it's because I'm doing sortie or above missions or sorties with additional physical (slash) damage. Even then it's rare I go down because I prepare myself adequately. You're seriously reading way too much into what I wrote, or maybe you just want to brag about not dying from slash procs?

25 minutes ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

Or any other health DoT for that matter if you're Trin.

Yes, if you're Trinity, but most people don't run as Trinity or other frames that have healing powers.  Since I don't use Trinity, I'd rather not get hit in the first place or be prepared to drop healing pads if needed than relying on heals from other players.

12 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

Yes, if you're Trinity, but most people don't run as Trinity or other frames that have healing powers.  Since I don't use Trinity, I'd rather not get hit in the first place or be prepared to drop healing pads if needed than relying on heals from other players.

Yeah but OP was talking about Trin.

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

splitting hairs: the distinction is Slash Status.
it's assumed (even if that's liable for confusion) that people know in reference to Slash Status.

11 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

You are splitting hair here

Considering the context of the question, I felt it important to mention that a Grineer Eviscerator doesn't just completely ignore the OP's treasured 2250 shields the same way a Toxic Ancient does. No, I don't feel like I'm splitting hairs; whatshisface had accidentally typed a phrase that means the same thing as "all sources of Slash damage bypass shields", which is not true

22 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

Sure, but you can use Trinity's Link and not get hurt badly enough to use Blessing in the first place, but if you're running an EV build, her Link will be pretty useless.

2250 sounds like it's Trinity's normal shield plus overshield, which Gelkor already mentioned.  Was your shield number purple when it was at 2250?  Anyway, if you want to reach maxed shield, use max leveled Redirection (1110) and maxed level Primed Vigor (405, I think) for a total of 1515, and then use her augment Vampire Leech or Shield Restore pads or Sentinel's Shield charger to generate up to 1200 points of overshield (of course there are other ways of getting overshield).  Total would be 2715 shield + overshield.   

Link will be pretty useless? I feel like the 75% isn't too bad in and of itself

About primed mods.....I'm MR6 :'(

Can't trade for it either cuz I'm poor

Though I might start doing more trading for plat on that note

But either way, 2250 shield is pretty good for early/mid game right?

Edited by Atylia

12 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Link will be pretty useless? I feel like the 75% isn't too bad in and of itself

About primed mods.....I'm MR6 :'(

Can't trade for it either cuz I'm poor

Though I might start doing more trading for plat on that note

But either way, 2250 shield is pretty good for early/mid game right?

I'm thinking more of the duration of the Link instead of the strength that makes it pretty useless if you're running an EV build.  I mean I'd still use it if I'm in a bind, like say I need to wade into a huge mob to revive someone because it's better than nothing.  Unless I need a specific build for certain situation, I just go with a general build for normal missions so I can use most of her abilities, but that's just me.

Primed Vigor is the 400th day log in reward.  As for other primed mods, if you don't want to spend your plat, just wait for Baro instead of buying from other players.  I don't think primed mods are essential especially if you're still in early/mid game, and the normal version are fine and you can replace those slowly.  Those are more for min-maxers or players who need credit and endo sink. Just treat those mods, like maxing essential mods, as long term projects and don't worry too much right now.

2250 shield is fine for early/mid game, and of course you can adjust your builds and play style later on if you find that shield isn't enough to protect you especially at higher level missions. You will know what's best for your play style. :)

It is good, just need to watch damage that bypass it. 

After some point in game not even a huge shield would save you, but for the most part, this shield and playing smart with CC and powers can keep you alive.

For example, in Kuva Floods, when there is a huge mix of enemies concentrated near the machine, my Volt with maximum overshield gets smacked if I dont try to CC or avoid damage.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch