Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame primary weapon that isn't a shotgun?

MrZeeck

Question

So I'm at the point now where I'm in need of a good end-game weapon, I recently started doing Sortie missions but my main doesn't really touch anything that's lvl 60+.

I asked around in chat a bit and the answers I got were pretty much either Tigris prime, or Vaykor Hek. And while I don't doubt these weapons are good, I kinda want something different; something that isn't a shotgun since I prefer to keep my distance.

Figured I'd throw it up here on the forums to get more suggestions, so any proper suggestions are most welcome.

18 answers to this question

Braton - Soma - Burston - Boltor - Ignis - Javlok - Ferrox - Synoid Bslor - Amprex - Tonkor - Latron Wraith - Lanka - Hema - Rubico - Strun Wraith - Vectis - Karak Wraith - Phage - Synapse... i could keep on going -.-".... Literally anything even the Karak can do its job if u add Riven and i am talking about lvl 100+...

Edited by PrimeDCookieMonstah

Latron Wraith, Dex Sybaris, virtually any of the snipers, though Vulkar Wraith would be the hardest to do it with (but still possible).  You'll have to skip modding for IPS with all of them but if you're using all three configs on a weapon, you can easily just mod for factions at that point.

If we start considering Rivens then you can honestly take any weapon that isn't the Paracyst or Harpak and make them Lv. 100+ viable.  Even then, those two would still do pretty well until you run out of ammo.  Your weapon won't matter much if your Warframe can't either withstand or avoid a beating though.

1 hour ago, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

Braton - Soma - Burston - Boltor - Ignis - Javlok - Ferrox - Synoid Bslor - Amprex - Tonkor - Latron Wraith - Lanka - Hema - Rubico - Strun Wraith - Vectis - Karak Wraith - Phage - Synapse... i could keep on going -.-".... Literally anything even the Karak can do its job if u add Riven and i am talking about lvl 100+...

Only weapon out this list that you are able to take into end game is Braton, Latron Wraith IF your good at landing headshots, & tonkor. Rest are meh. Amprex and Synapse are very terrible late game. You will burn more ammo than killing. 

Also Strun Wrait is a shotgun. Not rifle.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Only weapon out this list that you are able to take into end game is Braton, Latron Wraith IF your good at landing headshots, & tonkor. Rest are meh. Amprex and Synapse are very terrible late game. You will burn more ammo than killing. 

Lanka can pretty much oneshot any sortie level enemy if you can land headshots. Vectis is close to that. Hema is amazing at stripping off armor, with a punch through mod it's even better.

Soma P we all know why it's one of the most popular weapons in the game, if not the most popular, it can handle end-game with ease.

Ferrox with a good crit build can handle anyting up to lvl 80, with a frame that can buff, it can easily go to sortie 3 without much problems. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Then you need to make more tests.

Mods are what make weapons powerful.  Nearly any weapon can be made sortie ready.  Pick what you like to play, but some weapons have better base stats or are easier to shoot with.

One reason why everyone is recommending shotguns is that they are more efficient to make sortie ready.  Many shotguns need four polarized slots or less for an optimum build, most rifles need six or more polarized slots.

In general for rifles, area of effect/explosive weapons > full auto/spray and pray> precision/single shot.  I would rather take the best explosive weapons (Tonkor/Zarr/Simulor) to most missons over the best weapons from the other two categories.

You'll also want to build up at least one weapon from each of the five categories for weapon only missions: launcher/rifle, bow, sniper, shotgun, secondary, melee.