The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr has just completely fallen out of the game...

(PSN)TertulSee

Now that I think about it, Zephyr had only one niche use and that was with the Tonkor. Now, not only is that completely out of the question, she's also completely fallen from her Niche state. I know Turbulence is still a really strong ability but nobody uses Zephyr only because of Turbulence. Usually it's Zephyr and Tonkor to wreck havoc but now I can't find a single use for her other than tanking which will get you nowhere. I mean, she had one thing and now she's completely gone. Please DE, buff Zephyr or at least make her immune to rockets and bombs when in Turbulence.

Hi there, Zephyr main (sorta) here. Turbulance is great for any weapon with flight speed as well as nulifying most ranged attacks and increasing mobility (with augment). Here other abilities are fine as well. Tail wind makes you move fast and can be usefull if you need a quick escape, dive bombe is a good way to stager surroung melee units and finsh them off relitivily easy and tornado is just a great panic ability and thins out crowds quite well.

She doesn't need a buff.

11 minutes ago, Albalrogue said:

Hi there, Zephyr main (sorta) here. Turbulance is great for any weapon with flight speed as well as nulifying most ranged attacks and increasing mobility (with augment). Here other abilities are fine as well. Tail wind makes you move fast and can be usefull if you need a quick escape, dive bombe is a good way to stager surroung melee units and finsh them off relitivily easy and tornado is just a great panic ability and thins out crowds quite well.

She doesn't need a buff.

Well, Rhino, Nezha, Titania, Volt, Banshee, Oberon, etc. have similar abilities but are A LOT better.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

know Turbulence is still a really strong ability but nobody uses Zephyr only because of Turbulence.

I'd like to have a word with you.

my zephyr is built solely for Turbulence, and she's awesome when you need an agile but also Tanky frame, are going to take on Ayatan Missions, or are using a weapon with travel time. I never go down as my Zephyr, and I hope that if/when she gets reworked, Turbulence is left as it is. I will say that her other powers need looking at though. a little more damage and utility and she'd be perfect IMO.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Now that I think about it, Zephyr had only one niche use and that was with the Tonkor. Now, not only is that completely out of the question, she's also completely fallen from her Niche state. I know Turbulence is still a really strong ability but nobody uses Zephyr only because of Turbulence. Usually it's Zephyr and Tonkor to wreck havoc but now I can't find a single use for her other than tanking which will get you nowhere. I mean, she had one thing and now she's completely gone. Please DE, buff Zephyr or at least make her immune to rockets and bombs when in Turbulence.

Im a Zephyr player, use her 99% of the time, rarely using any other Frames depending on necessity to switch to another. I use the Tonkor for a wile but came to the conclusion i had better and more fun gear to use. I never depended on the Tonkor to kill anything, i manage to top damage and kill scoring on the great majority of missions i go to without casting a single damaging skill, without using Spammulors, Soma Primes, Tigris Primes or any said "Mother of all weapons". So please, dont say a frame is Ruined because a weapon it was said "Good with" got nerfed. A good Zephyr player doesnt rely on weapons alone.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Im a Zephyr player, use her 99% of the time, rarely using any other Frames depending on necessity to switch to another. I use the Tonkor for a wile but came to the conclusion i had better and more fun gear to use. I never depended on the Tonkor to kill anything, i manage to top damage and kill scoring on the great majority of missions i go to without casting a single damaging skill, without using Spammulors, Soma Primes, Tigris Primes or any said "Mother of all weapons". So please, dont say a frame is Ruined because a weapon it was said "Good with" got nerfed. A good Zephyr player doesnt rely on weapons alone.

On the contrary, we do rely on weapons alone. None of Zephyrs skills do damage lol but I know what you mean. 

I will miss my Tonkor too OP but we will just have to use other projectile weapons with Zephyr since she makes them even better.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy6682 said:

If she's fallen, then fly back up

she can't fly tho, because reasons.

only jump good

now if only they revised her passive and skills after limbo and hydroid. I still love her set, don't get me wrong, though some skills feel like they'd be better passives than skills. Much like how excalibur no longer needing super jump.

Edited by Noabettiet

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

On the contrary, we do rely on weapons alone. None of Zephyrs skills do damage lol but I know what you mean. 

I will miss my Tonkor too OP but we will just have to use other projectile weapons with Zephyr since she makes them even better.

Why you dont have player skills to be good?

3 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I know Turbulence is still a really strong ability but nobody uses Zephyr only because of Turbulence.

I do. I've never leveled the Tonkor past 16 since the thing was broken to the point of disgust.

Turbulence is survivability and mobility. Combined with Slipstream it's even more mobility and more accuracy for conventional projectile weapons. You know, reasonable ones like the Boltor family and not depressingly broken weapons like the Tonkor.

So, yeah, people do use her for Turbulence outside of one misconceived weapon.

Edited by Sloan441
Clarity.