Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speculation: Melee Riven in U20?

Atekron

Now, when U20 right around the corner(fingers crossed for today), with such great things like Octavia, Limbo rework, weapons rebalance and so on... could we finally get melee riven mods? [DE]Steve said in his twitter post that U20 changes will occupied 30 pages of changes and when would be better time to introduce new type of riven mods?

Rifle Rivens: The War Within

Pistol and Shotgun Rivens: The Glast Gambit

Melee Rivens: Octavia's Anthem ???

Edited by Atekron

no idea, but we all know how it's gonna go down, they get released, people complain about Sorties again, Nikana and Galatine Rivens will appear on trading for extortionate prices, and a few sub-par melees will become very powerful.

what i want to know is: will Melee Rivens be enough to save Machetes, or at least bandaid them until DE finally get round to fixing them?

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no idea, but we all know how it's gonna go down, they get released, people complain about Sorties again, Nikana and Galatine Rivens will appear on trading for extortionate prices, and a few sub-par melees will become very powerful.

what i want to know is: will Melee Rivens be enough to save Machetes, or at least bandaid them until DE finally get round to fixing them?

If they make Rivens for each individual weapon, it will be a hellhole. Think about all the useless Longswords alone... I always thought they will do well to make the melee Rivens per class, not per weapon.

I can just imagine evergone running around with nikana primes, galatine primes, telos boltaces (before it's upcoming nerf anyway) and a bunch of other weapons becoming overused and overpowered.

But it would still be good, since it'll be able to save certain weapons (e.g. machete, prova, etc)

1 hour ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

If they make Rivens for each individual weapon, it will be a hellhole. Think about all the useless Longswords alone... I always thought they will do well to make the melee Rivens per class, not per weapon.

How is it any different from them making individual rivens for each gun?

5 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

How is it any different from them making individual rivens for each gun?

Come on, do I really need to answer that? Most guns aren't exactly the same after each-other with just the damage increased. Most guns have stats and qualities to them that make them far more unique than what the Jaw Sword is compared to Pangolin Sword or maybe Dakra Prime compared to Broken War.

It would be nice if they made Rivens for the whole class, so that you can use it on any weapon from those, like Longsword Riven, Greatsword Riven, Polearm Riven etc.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

1 hour ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Come on, do I really need to answer that? Most guns aren't exactly the same after each-other with just the damage increased. Most guns have stats and qualities to them that make them far more unique than what the Jaw Sword is compared to Pangolin Sword or maybe Dakra Prime compared to Broken War.

It is no different really. Melees have different stats, just like guns have different stats. Melees have different stances they interact with, guns have different alt fire or fire modes. Melees have the physical size of the weapon and whether or not they have multi-target hits, guns have punch through and multishot. Melees have attack speed, guns have fire rate. Melee weapon classes define significant differences between them, so do the gun weapon classes. There are plenty of rifles that are little more than stat differences with each other, just like longswords. Plenty of pistols play exactly the same, just like daggers. Melees have more "classes" than guns, with fewer numbers of weapons in each class. Making Rivens for them would hardly be much more of an effort than it took for DE to make rivens for secondaries.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

It is no different really. Melees have different stats, just like guns have different stats. Melees have different stances they interact with, guns have different alt fire or fire modes. Melees have the physical size of the weapon and whether or not they have multi-target hits, guns have punch through and multishot. Melees have attack speed, guns have fire rate. Melee weapon classes define significant differences between them, so do the gun weapon classes. There are plenty of rifles that are little more than stat differences with each other, just like longswords. Plenty of pistols play exactly the same, just like daggers. Melees have more "classes" than guns, with fewer numbers of weapons in each class. Making Rivens for them would hardly be much more of an effort than it took for DE to make rivens for secondaries.

Say what you want, but very rarely I consider 2 guns to be copy-paste after each other. They have far more defining features. Also, there is no such thing as blatant differences of 3x damage between 2 guns that can be considered otherwise the same, like with Cronus and Broken War, for example. Therefore, even the most OP Riven would still be 100% useless on such Longsword, NO ONE ever is going to want to use it.

15 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Therefore, even the most OP Riven would still be 100% useless on such Longsword, NO ONE ever is going to want to use it.

How rivens should have been implemented if they were indeed made to fix weapons disparity:

You get a rifle riven. You unveil it into universal rifle riven with, say, +100% damage. You equip it on miter and get +200% damage. You equip it on tonkor and get +25% damage.

4 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

You get a rifle riven. You unveil it into universal rifle riven with, say, +100% damage. You equip it on miter and get +200% damage. You equip it on tonkor and get +25% damage.

too plane, too boring

36 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

It would be nice if they made Rivens for the whole class, so that you can use it on any weapon from those, like Longsword Riven, Greatsword Riven, Polearm Riven etc.

Haven't DE stated that the main purpose of Rivens is to make underused weapons shine? Who's gonna use Dakra Prime if the same mod can be applied to better-in-everything Broken War?

13 minutes ago, Atekron said:

too plane, too boring

Do you find grinding kurva siphons for hours and getting S#&$ rolls most of time, while that S#&$ roll could be awesome on another weapon, for every riven you like, submarine and exciting? Or maybe you like creativity of buying riven slots?

Edited by Nyaa314

4 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

Do you find grinding kurva siphons for hours

... not especially and i would like if DE introduce some other way to get kuva, like excavation or defence.

6 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

be you like creativity of buying riven slots?

No, but I like creativity of buying and selling rivens, putting some effort into making riven good and then using it or selling it for plat feels very rewarding.

Rivens that is fitting in all weapons are just another Serration.

55 minutes ago, Sean said:

I hope they won't add melee rivens, melee weapons in general are already pretty overpowered with all of the crit mods, adding rivens on top of them would just be a bad idea.

....but...I fully expect them to be coming out soon.

and finisher dmg

31 minutes ago, DopingMD said:

do we rly need them? melees are strong enough already!

I don't agree, there are about the same quantity of underused, unused and underperformed weapons like in every other category.