Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new UI

iwoply

I don't even care about the size, but it is blurry and grainy. Like, what the hell. You can't be serious about this, the UI quality in 1080p is completely unacceptable. And if this is what was needed to support 4k then 4k shouldn't be supported, period.

please i got games on floppy disks that have a more acceptable looking UI, good you want to please 4K users but i can't imagine that the people working on the 4k finished , then opened the game in normal resolution and thought .. ye ok this looks good , launch it. Fine if it would look a little bigger (but its huge) but it looks blurry and stuff overlaps eachother specially in star chart. please put it back the way it was and launch it again when its acceptable looking for EVERYONE.

Stop with 4k. This problem is identical at 4k.

This problem is'nt 4k resolution.

( il y a peut etre un faible pourcentage de joueurs jouant en ultra HD, cependant le nombre de joueurs incompétents est incalculable tellement qu'il est élevé sur ce forum).

Edited by cyborgmaster

1) In some places the text is blurry. This is a problem because it disturbs my eyes and makes me think I'm going blind. This can be seen, for example, in the options screen, also on the ships flying loading screen. Basically everywhere where the upscaling happens. This is also on Full HD, where previously it was not a problem. Of course, previously there was also no upscale.You cannot upscale text. You must render it depending on resolution, otherwise it will always look blurry. This is not a problem on the in game hud, as far as I could see.

2) Weapon reticle is not scaled or scalable. It is kinda small on 4k.

3) Mouse speed is a lot slower on higher resolutions due to there being more pixels. I game look speed is fine though. So if you could make the mouse take into account the resolution like in game that would be great.

I play on1440p by using DSR on a 1080p monitor.

My UI used to be ultra small and sharp. But now it is big and blurry and feels like I'm playing at 800x600 or some other archaic resolution.

Any chance we'll get a fix ? 

Edited by White_Matter

Chat isn't working in my game. I can't access captura.

Also - there' something wrong with resolution. I played in a window mode (in order to watch youtube videos in the background) and i decided to change back to borderless windowed 1920:1080

The game returned back to normal, but there's something wrong with the text: its oversized, pixelated and overall feels like its forgot to change the resolution together with the game.

Its very clunky and annoys my eyes. Possible fixes soon?

15 hours ago, Naftal said:

So the new approach is forcing upscaled UI for everyone to get a nice sized UI for 4k resolution?

Apparently.

While I appreciate the updates, and improvements (except for Octavia which I think is ridiculous) The UI just looks like crap now.

15 hours ago, Egg_Chen said:

4K support was added by making it blurry and too big for everyone else... or to put it another way, the vast majority of the player base has a poorer experience now.

That isn't the way to support 4K, I hope this is realised and fixed soon.

Agreed

1 minute ago, DogManDan said:

its now designed for you to not need glasses if you are getting old like me!

That is fine but let people choose, UI is a personal thing, all they need is a slider, 1080p UI now looks like it was made for 800x600

Just now, Morphooo said:

That is fine but let people choose, UI is a personal thing, all they need is a slider, 1080p UI now looks like it was made for 800x600

you do understand sarcasm correct? Clearly I do not want the HUGE UI on my screen as I have stated over and over in my videos since the update.