Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about these nullifier changes..

Voraxxx

So today I was doing my daily sortie, and was forced to bring a shottie. Mmkay, took a look at my aviable choices, picked a tigris, Octavia, and we're good to go!
It was all fine, music on, some inmortal Nidus killing everything, until I noticed something.. at point blank, these "weakspots" that were added to the nullifier were completly ignoring my shots.

After a bunch of tries, I gave up and just started shooting the bubble instead. once the sortie was over, I went to the simulacrum, curious about how these new things work.
Firstly, I tried to do the same, a tigris vs point blank drone, perhaps it was just lag? No, no it wasn't. I was in front of the drone, shooting it, and all it did was tank the pellets that hit it, the rest just shrinked the bubble a bit.
oookaayy... I tried with a different shotgun, same results. Hey, maybe shotguns are bugged or something!
Nope. I tried my forma'd Rubico with a sweet riven that pretty much 1-2hits a lv100 bombard with a headshot... and it was still not enough to take it down. I did, eventually, it took me around 2-3 shots, each doing around 24k crits on it (yes, this was after they fixed the drone not being crit-able).
Not only that, but their hitbox is damm wonky, oh, also, the drone loves to move around, since it's not actually on top of the nullifier but a bit foward, where the nullifier is facing..

Here's a vid someone made playtesting 'em. Credits to the owner of the vid.

So, what's behind those drone's mechanics? ..and how bad do they scale?

1 minute ago, Voraxxx said:

As far as I've been told, they count as a world object.

Because it does. But from non corrupt drones I've seen their name and health. Saying it's a world object doesn't answer any questions. This has forced to me crawl out of bed and do my own testing.

Edited by maj.death

They seem to have very large health and such and easily take more damage than just shooting the shield and nullifier within. Might be because the scale with enemy level, perhaps they are scaling twice? Their hitbox is also very tiny.

Yeah I've noticed the weakspots not reacting to my shotgun too, thought it was just wrong angle of shot and it hit the bubble but tried it several times at different angles and well the outcome was the same. 

It's almost like the drone is 'inside' the bubble (the video seems to support this) meaning we can't damage it without first destroying the bubble... which basically makes the drone pointless lol.  It's either this or they have a massive health pool far beyond what it should have.

Edited by LSG501

6 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Hmm, I was killing the drones just fine with Ivara and my (silenced) Vaykor Hek.

I'm talking about the sortie nullifiers, aka, lv100+. I assume regular/mid tier nullifier drones are much easier to take down.

Yep, noticed this too, the "weakspots" are essentially useless. I though the whole point was to allow weapons with slow rates of fire to actually be able to break them with a well aimed shot. They should pop in 1 hit regardless, else wise you eventually will still get to a point where you just can't kill it, and then your right back to not being able to drop the bubble with slow rate weapons again. 

36 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It's almost like the drone is 'inside' the bubble (the video seems to support this) meaning we can't damage it without first destroying the bubble... which basically makes the drone pointless lol.  It's either this or they have a massive health pool far beyond what it should have.

^^^ agreed, we should be able to kill it with a shot that's on target regardless if it's in the bubble or not. If they're worried of AoE one shooting their way through, they can just make them immune to AoE.

2 hours ago, Voraxxx said:

I'm talking about the sortie nullifiers, aka, lv100+. I assume regular/mid tier nullifier drones are much easier to take down.

Yeah, I went back and tried it again to make sure and it was the sortie 2 nullifiers that I was able to take down the drones easily, I didn't actually see many nullifiers in the sortie 3 mission.