Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to solo the whole game?

frogdivision

Question

1 minute ago, skinotik said:

Doable ?... yes.  Kinda,  Minus Raid and some puzzle,

Enjoyable ? ... euh ... depend on your personnality ... I find interception incredibly boring and frustrating to solo,

Interception is impossible for me to do atm so i always miss out on good things from interception alerts

u can solo most of stuff but u will need good gear... focus on start to clear starchart and  lvl up everything to get higher mastery...u will be better in start to play in team u will progress much faster

7 minutes ago, Daniel3016 said:

Interception is impossible for me to do atm so i always miss out on good things from interception alerts

It shouldn't be.  Use CC to your advantage.  Use Nyx to keep the enemies fighting each other instead of taking points.  Use Nova to slow the enemies so that you can take them out before they can capture points.  Use Vauban to bastille the enemies and keep them off the terminals.  Use Rhino to stomp for CC.  Use Banshee to quake them away from terminals.  There are many, many options available to use.

Everything upto and including Sorties is possible solo however you will find some roadblocks as at times you don't have access to all mods or frames to make your life easier. If you can manage to get group for some bosses (mostly Raptors and Sargas Ruk) I would strongly recomend it. You will got back to them later to kill them solo but getting access to all planets is essential.

For interception solo I can recomend 3 frames (I'm sure there are other good options as well, but they are the ones I tried and worked well)

1. Nova - max slow (45% power strength), max duration
2. Ivara - max range noise arrow - group mobs in the middle of map. They won't go back to cap towers unless you go out of stealth.
3. Ember - WoF and run between towers. Falls short on laters missions because WoF can't kill quick enough.

All moon puzzles are doable solo including cooperation test - all you need is Loki and finished TWW quest. Some people also say Chroma can do it but I'm yet to see way to place specter on the pad in the center room without switch teleport.

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

Everything upto and including Sorties is possible solo however you will find some roadblocks as at times you don't have access to all mods or frames to make your life easier. If you can manage to get group for some bosses (mostly Raptors and Sargas Ruk) I would strongly recomend it. You will got back to them later to kill them solo but getting access to all planets is essential.

For interception solo I can recomend 3 frames (I'm sure there are other good options as well, but they are the ones I tried and worked well)

1. Nova - max slow (45% power strength), max duration
2. Ivara - max range noise arrow - group mobs in the middle of map. They won't go back to cap towers unless you go out of stealth.
3. Ember - WoF and run between towers. Falls short on laters missions because WoF can't kill quick enough.

All moon puzzles are doable solo including cooperation test - all you need is Loki and finished TWW quest. Some people also say Chroma can do it but I'm yet to see way to place specter on the pad in the center room without switch teleport.

Nyx is also vaible.

39 minutes ago, Daniel3016 said:

Depends on the frame you use. You want ones that can deny areas like vuban or slow enemy movement like nyx or nova.

Like others said it's possible to solo this game with a few exceptions: Raids and Conclave.

Important is good gear: All wepons and warframes are viable in the star chart and most of them even beyond (e.g. Sorties). Key is that you put an Orokin Catalyst/Reactor and (several) Forma into them. With that you can put more (maxed) mods into your stuff. If you're still new to the whole modding thing you can check out builds on http://warframe-builder.com/

So, test out new frames and weapons along the way and if you like them, then put some effort into them. That's what really makes the difference.

It's certainly a lot more fun in multiplayer (except when someone blows a vault in Sortie Spy and gives you a mission fail - but hey, that's why solo mode exists amirite), but nearly everything of any importance can be done solo.  And honestly it's easier to farm trade chat for Arcanes than it is to farm Raids, so technically even Raid rewards can be obtained solo.  XP

From a hardware standpoint, though, what's your connection look like?  (i.e., does your internet come via cable or satellite?)

7 hours ago, Daniel3016 said:

Just wondering. My connection usually doesn't let me play multiplayer.

No.

You need at least 4 people for a raid.

And one puzzle on Lua requires a minimum of 2 people. Even then you will have to use a trick (operator, specter or Loki Decoy).

The rest you can do solo. It may not be easy or fast but technically it is possible

As someone who did the whole game solo (only started dabbling in multiplayer after I finished everything), yes, it's possible to solo the whole game (except raids ofc). 

Getting good mods and weapons is more essential if you solo than it is with a group, but it's not terribly hard once you are decent at the game. I did basically everything by myself with an OG Tigris and OG Akstiletto from when I first hit MR 6 all the way through sorties (which I admit sucked at first, but now I can just blow through them solo rather easily, even interceptions - though they still suck). By the time I was able to get Sancti Tigris I had already done basically everything. 

It is my very unpopular opinion that a person needs to have the ability and skill (but not necessarily the equipment) to solo every bit of content in the game to be truly effective in a squad, and a squad comprised of such people usually functions far better than those that do not. As such, I learned to do everything by myself in order to avoid bringing my squad down because of my mistakes.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

13 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Not sure if whole but definitely 95% of the game can be soloed with Loki (prime).

This for sure.

Once you get your hands on a handful of Corrupted mods and the Irradiating Disarm augment, Loki instantly turns into an overpowered beast who can mindlessly cheese through any mission that isn't Hijack.

18 hours ago, Genesis7000 said:

You can´t solo raids and some puzzles on Lua require two ppl but the rest shoud be doable.

I don't think he can solo interceptions high level on some end solo, even if he is using slova or banshee

a second in these missions is a must

2 hours ago, Genesis7000 said:

I do it with Nyx. 

Not on all maps. in some, points are so far from each other and you cannot keep the four of them at the same time

in some yes, i do it solo with banshee or slova

but there is one or 2, you need a second

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Not on all maps. in some, points are so far from each other and you cannot keep the four of them at the same time

There are none where you need a 2nd.  I've done interception solo on every map.

ETA: This is not to boast as there are lots of players who are better than I.  If I can do it, a lot of people can certainly do it.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

You don't need to hold all four points at once.  You just need to cap two and then get a third to neutral for about four seconds and after that just keeping the two towers blue will give you a victory (100% to ~90% is still a victory) - you just need to hold two points continuously and you're fine.

16 hours ago, peger said:

And one puzzle on Lua requires a minimum of 2 people

Which one? Collaboration test for coaction drift? I do it solo all the time.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I don't think he can solo interceptions high level on some end solo, even if he is using slova or banshee

I used to do T4 interceptions before relics came out using Ivara and I do sortie 3 interceptions now using Slova. On any map with any restriction - the only troublesome one is reduced energy but it only means I need some energy pizzas.