The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What will you do when Warframe dies

ZectorV1

8 hours ago, Zectorcop said:

On the final day of it's life, what will you do. Login, go to the relays and socialize, say goodbye to your favorite frames? Goodbye forever. How would you say goodbye?                                                                                                                                    More asking what you'd do on the final login. 

Finally finish that Lego sculpture I've been working on.

15 minutes ago, ravend said:

Already did

So your life is so awful you troll around forums of games you no longer play?

Not sure you understand the whole moving on thing. Stalking outside your ex's house and claiming you are over him/her isnt how that works. Lmao

2 hours ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

You do realise Warframe will be an anime one day?

Look at who owns the majority of the company...

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Anime is a Japanese TV/movie style.

DE is majority owned by a Chinese company.

Yeah.

DE is not owned by a chinese company....misinformation at its finest. 

There is a chinese company which has bought share rights to host the game in China, they do not have controlling interest in the company in any fashion. 

That debate is now years old I am still shocked every time I see someone say something so blatantly and now proven to be untrue.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)hahajake said:

So your life is so awful you troll around forums of games you no longer play?

Not sure you understand the whole moving on thing. Stalking outside your ex's house and claiming you are over him/her isnt how that works. Lmao

lol, i dont play it anymore, i do come by to see if they fixed anything.

Hopes man, i have hopes and dreams that someday the game will start to fix the problems. rather then keep putting new shiny metals for the easy distracted to see.

Edited by ravend

Topics like this are a waste of time really.

It is going to be around a very long time.

Everquest. Came out in 1999. Even with everyone going to WOW, its still being played by many. Even after MULTIPLE companies taking over hosting servers.

Killzone Shadowfall - sucky game, still has multiplayer servers up even after 4 years almost and its no where as near popular as this game.

Stop worrying so much.

My kids will be in college and people will still be playing this game. And they are 1 year, 2 year and 4 months old.

Edited by (PS4)Xx_Weasle_xX

Play something else, which I already have. It's good year for gaming thus far. Nier, Horizon, Zelda, I still haven't finished the Witcher 3, FF15... DE is going to have to step up their game if they want my attention because the spare time I had for Warframe is gone. I rather be spending on something else.

1 hour ago, Babellon said:

DE is not owned by a chinese company....misinformation at its finest. 

There is a chinese company which has bought share rights to host the game in China, they do not have controlling interest in the company in any fashion. 

That debate is now years old I am still shocked every time I see someone say something so blatantly and now proven to be untrue.

I'm guessing you missed this announcement then...

http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2014/10/partnership-announced

The key part...

"Today, October 14, 2014, Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc. (a subsidiary of Sumpo Food Holdings Limited) and Perfect Online Holding Limited (a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd.) entered into an acquisition agreement with the shareholders of Digital Extremes Ltd. to acquire 61% of the entire issued share capital of the Company.  Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc. and Perfect Online Holding Limited will acquire 58% and 3% respectively."

So yes, while they did also obtain exclusive publishing rights for Warframe in China, they own 61% of DE.

13 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

As long as there's no automated 'auction house' in Warframe, plat-farming is unlikely to be an issue.

I don't understand the hate for auction houses when they have do work in other games. Frankly, I hate this economy because there isn't enough information going around (like everything else in WF info is obfuscated) on what stuff is going for. I rather be an informed consumer and know what the other guy paid for something.

The market would definitely be more fair if you had afk vendors selling your wares and could do comparisons on who had the best price.

Pretty much trade now is say something in Trade, get a lot of tells for offers, the guy with the best price gets the attention, and the rest get ignored.

Edited by (PS4)Xx_Weasle_xX

14 hours ago, Zectorcop said:

On the final day of it's life, what will you do. Login, go to the relays and socialize, say goodbye to your favorite frames? Goodbye forever. How would you say goodbye?                                                                                                                                    More asking what you'd do on the final login. 

When this happens, i would have retired from work, then time to go on a tour around the world, go get some sleep, have fun and enjoy what's left of my life

And give all my consoles and games to my grand children

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Welp maybe by then DE can partner with Lucas Arts to develop a BA f2p Star Wars (Warframe/Mass Effect type) open world/universe VR type game. One can it hope. :cool:

LucasArts has an exclusive partnership with EA though. And LucasArts isn't a developer anymore, just a publisher. Also, DE's opposed to open world so they'll never make an open world game unfortunately.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

4 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I'm guessing you missed this announcement then...

http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2014/10/partnership-announced

The key part...

"Today, October 14, 2014, Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc. (a subsidiary of Sumpo Food Holdings Limited) and Perfect Online Holding Limited (a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd.) entered into an acquisition agreement with the shareholders of Digital Extremes Ltd. to acquire 61% of the entire issued share capital of the Company.  Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc. and Perfect Online Holding Limited will acquire 58% and 3% respectively."

So yes, while they did also obtain exclusive publishing rights for Warframe in China, they own 61% of DE.

You need to read the bolded part.

That bolded part means they bought 61% of the shares DE put up for Sale. Not 61% all the company shares.

In 2015 I would say I would be very sad but now I would only say "oh well" and move on since 2016 was really bad for warframe, very lacking in events, full of lies from DE(like the fact they said that prime vault is going to be a thing until new way to farm primes drops, which it did and prime vault is still a thing) and broken promises, most of my friends playing warframe quit that year because how bad that year was for warframe, after they left I realized how empty this game feels without friends.

I am still kinda hoping that DE this year will make me care again about this game.