Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What will you do when Warframe dies

ZectorV1

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

That bolded part means they bought 61% of the shares DE put up for Sale. Not 61% all the company shares.

Shares that are authorised by the articles of incorporation but not yet issued are 'owned' by the company itself, not any individual.

Owning over 50% of the issued shares in a company means that you own a majority share of that company, and will be able to pass any resolution that requires majority voting at a shareholder meeting.

33 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Shares that are authorised by the articles of incorporation but not yet issued are 'owned' by the company itself, not any individual.

Owning over 50% of the issued shares in a company means that you own a majority share of that company, and will be able to pass any resolution that requires majority voting at a shareholder meeting.

This topic was discussed at great length some time back. They even spoke to it directly on a dev stream explaining the entire thing to people. the transaction was and is to give Digital Extremes the ability to market and sell the game in China. The company that bought those shares did so in order to legally host the game in that country. They do have rights over the game in China, how ever the company of Digital Extremes retains all controlling rights to the international Warframe title. In China the game is called Star Armor, and is considered property of that company which bought those shares to which Digital Extremes gets a profit gain from sales and production there. 

Warframe international is owned by Digital Extremes, Star Armor is owned by the chinese partner. Its two years old now. 

6 minutes ago, Babellon said:

This topic was discussed at great length some time back. They even spoke to it directly on a dev stream explaining the entire thing to people. the transaction was and is to give Digital Extremes the ability to market and sell the game in China. The company that bought those shares did so in order to legally host the game in that country. They do have rights over the game in China, how ever the company of Digital Extremes retains all controlling rights to the international Warframe title. In China the game is called Star Armor, and is considered property of that company which bought those shares to which Digital Extremes gets a profit gain from sales and production there. 

Warframe international is owned by Digital Extremes, Star Armor is owned by the chinese partner. Its two years old now. 

None of that changes the fact that Digital Extremes is 61% owned by those two Chinese companies.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

None of that changes the fact that Digital Extremes is 61% owned by those two Chinese companies.

the chinese company only owns the chinese version of the game. they do not own Digital Extremes. More accurately stated, the company in china only owns the rights to offer the game in China. Digital Extremes retains all controlling interest in Warframe, The chinese company has no dictatorial say in any aspect of Digital Extremes management, development, marketing, or presentation of Warframe international outside of China.

Just now, Babellon said:

the chinese company only owns the chinese version of the game. they do not own Digital Extremes. More accurately stated, the company in china only owns the rights to offer the game in China. Digital Extremes retains all controlling interest in Warframe, The chinese company has no dictatorial say in any aspect of Digital Extremes management, development, marketing, or presentation of Warframe international outside of China.

I'm afraid you're just wrong on that, Digital Extremes Ltd. (the Canadian company that develops Warframe) is 61% owned by those Chinese companies.

While the directors of the company obviously control day-to-day operations, with a controlling shareholding the Chinese companies could, if they wanted to, table and vote through a resolution to replace all the directors of Digital Extremes.

I'm not saying that's going to happen, or even likely, but denying that it is possible is simply wrong.

5 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I'm afraid you're just wrong on that, Digital Extremes Ltd. (the Canadian company that develops Warframe) is 61% owned by those Chinese companies.

While the directors of the company obviously control day-to-day operations, with a controlling shareholding the Chinese companies could, if they wanted to, table and vote through a resolution to replace all the directors of Digital Extremes.

I'm not saying that's going to happen, or even likely, but denying that it is possible is simply wrong.

Again we are telling you that no they do not. You need to learn to read.

The company bought 61% of the shares DE sold, and the other two companies bought the remaining.

DE still holds more stock that isn't publicly traded that Even DE staff own themselves.

Edited by SilvaDreams

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Again we are telling you that no they do not. You need to learn to read.

The company bought 61% of the shares DE sold, and the other two companies bought the remaining.

DE still holds more stock that isn't publicly traded that Eve DE staff own themselves.

Again, I'm telling you that you're wrong and don't understand how shares work.

If DE staff owned additional shares then those shares would also have to be 'issued', shares that are allocated but not issued cannot be owned by anyone.

6 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

DE still holds more stock that isn't publicly traded that Eve DE staff own themselves.

I missed this earlier, but it's worth pointing out that none of DE's shares are publicly traded, it's a private limited company.

Also this...

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=52344383

Specifically, from the company profile...

"As of July 21, 2015, Digital Extremes Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of Leyou Technologies Holdings Limited."

9 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

LucasArts has an exclusive partnership with EA though. And LucasArts isn't a developer anymore, just a publisher. Also, DE's opposed to open world so they'll never make an open world game unfortunately.

Well you're no fun at party's...And U missed my satire.. lulz

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

Honestly I'm not sure i'll be playing warframe long enough to see it die, This is a game that works like an MMO in that it can retain an active playerbase for a long, long long time even with a content drought due to daily missions and the like, so i don't think the game will "die" so much as "drop off of the mainstream" for years to come, like Team Fortress 2. Maybe by then a new, more fun alternative game will come up, and then i'll probably play that.