Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the upcoming Limbo nerf?

Scylax

Question

On the recent hotfix thread, I saw people mentioning an upcoming Limbo nerf. If DE has stated what the nerf will be, what is it? Otherwise, what about Limbo is considered OP that would end up being nerfed? I recently started using Limbo and it's pretty nice -- being able to go in and out of rift at will without expending energy is great -- but I don't want to spend a reactor or formas on Limbo if that ends up being nerfed.

1 hour ago, Scylax said:

On the recent hotfix thread, I saw people mentioning an upcoming Limbo nerf. If DE has stated what the nerf will be, what is it? Otherwise, what about Limbo is considered OP that would end up being nerfed? I recently started using Limbo and it's pretty nice -- being able to go in and out of rift at will without expending energy is great -- but I don't want to spend a reactor or formas on Limbo if that ends up being nerfed.

The nerf would be to cataclysm, but nothing is confirmed. People are just guessing. Personally, I don't think it needs a nerf as it isn't really all that strong.

1 minute ago, Scylax said:

People always say that when something really good comes out, because people are cynical. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but it also doesn't mean it will happen.

9 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

People always say that when something really good comes out, because people are cynical. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but it also doesn't mean it will happen.

Yep -- definitely true. Even if it's only speculation though, holding off until its confirmed to be (un)true could pay off. That being said, since the likely nerf (if any) would be Cataclysm, I should be fine to go ahead. Thanks guys!

Edited by Scylax

the Damage Cataclysm deals upon collapsing is rather too good to be true for an Ability you have so much control over of, and one with such notable Range as no sacrifices made to increase the Range.

the scaling is a nice touch, but frankly the scaling is probably in the wrong place.
a nice thought, but gets out of hand much too quickly. 

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

The nerf would be to cataclysm, but nothing is confirmed. People are just guessing. Personally, I don't think it needs a nerf as it isn't really all that strong.

Finally someone that actually agrees with me. I don't think it will be necessary either. But players going around yelling nuke and Limbo is press 4 to win. Only a matter of time now I'm afraid. Such a shame really

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

It isn't that strong vs anything with armor. Anything else, with enough targets inside the cataclysm gets simply destroyed. Sortie Defends vs Corpus, 1 Limbo destroys everything that spawns without any Tenno even seeing an enemy. That is simply reality what happens, if you dont't see that as too strong, i don't know what would be strong in your books. Maybe annihilating the whole map every .5 seconds as a passive

1 hour ago, Kalec said:

It isn't that strong vs anything with armor. Anything else, with enough targets inside the cataclysm gets simply destroyed. Sortie Defends vs Corpus, 1 Limbo destroys everything that spawns without any Tenno even seeing an enemy. That is simply reality what happens, if you dont't see that as too strong, i don't know what would be strong in your books. Maybe annihilating the whole map every .5 seconds as a passive

So let me get this straight, having to get all the enemies inside the cataclysm, survive them (As limbo is still relatively squishy), and then being able to clear out maybe 50-100 enemies total is overpowered? Right. How about Equinox? Is she overpowered? I can kill even more enemies with even less effort on Sortie 3 defenses.

Limbo isn't overpowered. He's in a good spot. Hell my Excal can do more damage than my best Limbo build. Come to think of it, so can my Chroma.

cata currently scales damage dealt at the end on 10% of health and shields of enemies within. so if you get 12 or so enemies of ANY level inside its likely to kill them all when it ends.

a simple nerf would be to maybe 3-5% of health and shields, meaning you need to catch a lot more enemies within it to make it "press 4 to win".

EDIT: personally i do not advocate any nerf.

Edited by Elvangreen

5 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

So let me get this straight, having to get all the enemies inside the cataclysm, survive them (As limbo is still relatively squishy), and then being able to clear out maybe 50-100 enemies total is overpowered? Right. How about Equinox? Is she overpowered? I can kill even more enemies with even less effort on Sortie 3 defenses.

Limbo isn't overpowered. He's in a good spot. Hell my Excal can do more damage than my best Limbo build. Come to think of it, so can my Chroma.

Survive what? Time frozen enemies? In a Cataclysm that gets closed the instant it is opened? Cause that is how Nuke Limbo operates. Open range spec Cataclysm, close it, repeat. That's it, that's how a shotload of Limbos play. You don't need to do anything else since the percentage health/shield as dmg just kills everything with this method unless it is armored.

And yes, that is far stronger that Equinox Maim. Not saying that Maim is that much better, same with World on Fire, which both are just too passive.

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Finally someone that actually agrees with me. I don't think it will be necessary either. But players going around yelling nuke and Limbo is press 4 to win. Only a matter of time now I'm afraid. Such a shame really

problem with limbo nuke is that you need enemies in order to pull it off

whatabout your teammates use nukes guns themselves? limbo doesn't do sqwat of dmg with cataclysm

2nd is disruptors and grineer. they rended the dmg to small u need 100 enemies to kill 20

Limbo's 4 is more powerful now but just as Ember's WOF or Saryn's spores... it can't outright kill high level enemies in 1 cast.

Yesterday in Bere round 2-3, a Limbo keep spamming 4 because it cannot kill enemies with 1 cast and he was down a lot of times.

I am ok with the rework but my only suggestion is to nerf the sound it made. Players spamming 4 with the sound effect repeating is quite annoying after awhile.

7 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I hope the nerf in question is us as players are able to TOGGLE if we can be rifted by Limbo or not. Cuzz fk trolls and harrassers. I want to play, not backflip the entire match.

You can ROLL out, not just back flip.

13 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Oh my god, that makes it so much better! Now I can roll forward the entire match! THANKS! /sarcasm

Too bad if you don't like to roll. You can blame DE for creating such mechanic then. They're the one making it possible for everything you rant about in the game. 

11 hours ago, kyori said:

Too bad if you don't like to roll. You can blame DE for creating such mechanic then. They're the one making it possible for everything you rant about in the game. 

Don't be an @$$. What I don't like is rolling around the whole match doing nothing.

2 hours ago, Klaleara said:

You constantly pop in and out of rifts the entire match?

Like I have said several times since Limbo rework and even opened a thread on it, most Limbos I run into in the game make it their goal to follow me around the entire match and cast Rift on me over and over again every time I roll out of it. I want to play the game, not roll around doing nothing! The moment those motherf.... see someone roll out of the rift it's game on for them. I've starting straight up quitting from mission where I am matches with a Limbo.

36 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Don't be an @$$. What I don't like is rolling around the whole match doing nothing.

Like I have said several times since Limbo rework and even opened a thread on it, most Limbos I run into in the game make it their goal to follow me around the entire match and cast Rift on me over and over again every time I roll out of it. I want to play the game, not roll around doing nothing! The moment those motherf.... see someone roll out of the rift it's game on for them. I've starting straight up quitting from mission where I am matches with a Limbo.

Trolls suck in general.

What sucks worse, is the fact they can ruin one, if not the most, unique frame (Or even class across games).  Limbo is awesome as is, however the troll potential is also very large.

1 hour ago, Klaleara said:

Trolls suck in general.

What sucks worse, is the fact they can ruin one, if not the most, unique frame (Or even class across games).  Limbo is awesome as is, however the troll potential is also very large.

Agreed, Limbo is one of the more complicated frames that actually need mastering but his abilities allow for a lot to do.
Which is why I'm asking for a toggle in options which would allows us to block any Rifts casted on us from people who are not in our clan or the friend list. This way we chose if we are bothered by the Rift and have an anti-harassment measure without actually messing with Limbo's stats and abilties.