The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zarr Build (6 Forma)

NERF-THE-GOATS

12 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Wanna bet your 6 formas that it wont get nerfed anywhere soon(tm)?

Playing under constant fear and worry that something will be nerfed isn't a great way to play.  Sure if it does get nerfed, it will feel like a waste, but in the mean time you are actually using a powerful weapon to its fullest potential and not limiting yourself to weapons that won't ever be nerfed just because they are mediocre.

Blast Damage is nice vs Infested, but elsewise on it's own it's not that useful esp without any Status Mods - so all i'd say is use a different combined Damage Type.

Cannon Mode has solid Status capability, and is worth considering. i get more Elemental flexibility since i don't use Heavy Caliber on Zarr - as at higher Levels i'd prefer to deal with all Enemies in a Faction as effectively as possible vs one Weapon for this Enemy Type and another for the rest.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Xx_Weasle_xX said:

Why even bother putting time and money into a weapon anymore. It will just get nerfed.

I will never go above 2 formas in a weapon anymore. It makes it too powerful and it just gets nerfed.

@(PS4)Xx_Weasle_xXYou should read this V:

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Playing under constant fear and worry that something will be nerfed isn't a great way to play.  Sure if it does get nerfed, it will feel like a waste, but in the mean time you are actually using a powerful weapon to its fullest potential and not limiting yourself to weapons that won't ever be nerfed just because they are mediocre.

3 hours ago, NERF-THE-GOATS said:

So looking for ways to max. my Zarr potential. Could you rate/suggest for my Zarr build.

Serration

Zarr Critatis (150 crit chance, 120 crit damage)

Hellfire

Cyro Rounds

Split Chamber

Heavy Caliber

Vital Sense

Point Strike

Blast damage? Alright for infested, but lacking against just about everything else unless you got status. Try to mod for elementals matching the enemy type. Radiation/Corrosive for grineer, Toxin/Viral for corpus, and corrosive/ gas/blast for infested. Unless you got aura synergy like corrosive projection, in which case, viral 100%. Everything else though is phenomenal, including that riven.

10 hours ago, NERF-THE-GOATS said:

Damn so nothing productive in the replies GG.

Also took me 1 day to 6 forma it so wasn't a large investment.

It takes hour or a couple of hours it's still not worth it anymore.

The idea that you need 4 to 7 formas to basically just fit all mods in all slots is old as .... now and with all the changes it will be wiser just to use weapons with 0 forma. If they're good they will be able to kill like that it doesn't matter that much that without 6 formas you will stop slaughtering everything in your way at around 10-15 levels sooner than you would with 6.

14 hours ago, Xekrin said:

True but it kinda makes the resources you put into the thing kinda pointless and people dont like their stuff going to waste.Thats my only real problem with fixes and nerfs is that we barely get anything back even though we might have spent like 5 or 6 forma on each weapon

29 minutes ago, Gravitus123 said:

True but it kinda makes the resources you put into the thing kinda pointless and people dont like their stuff going to waste.Thats my only real problem with fixes and nerfs is that we barely get anything back even though we might have spent like 5 or 6 forma on each weapon

I agree insofar as I will wait a few days or a week or so before I invest time and effort into something, however its been months now since Zarr was released.  At some point you just have to play how you want and not worry about the future too much.

Take the Tonkor as an extreme example, it was ... well, how it was for years? before it got "balanced" or "nerfed" depending on your point of view.  Did the people who forma'd the bejesus out of that waste their time?  Chances are they moved onto different weapons anyway in most cases after a while and only used it occasionally.

Anyway, sounds like he already forma'd it already so may as well use it.

Yeah with DE its hard to judge when something will be nerfed heck the Gas thing was in the game for like 4 years and they still did nothing about it until now.I say if you have fun with the thing forma it and use it to your hearts content but just know it could be changed at any time

18 hours ago, NERF-THE-GOATS said:

Damn so nothing productive in the replies GG.

Also took me 1 day to 6 forma it so wasn't a large investment.

This is what I use, +Primed Cryo Rounds under the Riven.

But It's geared for Status, not crit to fit with the rest of my Saryn which I almost excursively use it on, but maybe Firestorm might be good to use, the extra +24 blast radius is nice.

20170406043805_1_by_carnage2k4-db4rq4y.j

Edited by Carnage2K4