The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

34 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I read his Cataclysmic Continuum mod isn't working properly either. Not sure if that's true or people just expect it to prevent the bubble from shrinking. Its not supposed to prevent the bubble from shrinking.

But what's the point of Cataclysmic Continuum if it doesn't prevent bubble from shrinking?

13 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Rift Torrent is connected to 3. I'd imagine Limbo players running in a squad would never leave their 4 up. Instead, they would use 4 only to catch enemies and the cast 3 to surge them. Afterwards, they would collapse their 4 but because of 3, they would all stay in the rift.

This isn't just to not annoy squad mates with his 2 but its also that 2 doesn't over load with other people's bullets.

Ok wait...it DOESN'T overload teammates' bullets? Ohhh boy...

Nullifier is too OP please nerf it. 
Banish is too useless when it cannot pull mob from the Rift.
Stasis look good but it's freeze bullet, my teammate not happy when I use it. Stasis will only used in the less-situation.

Rift Surge is so-so but someplayer never use it. maybe it hard to management?
Nuke Cataclysm verry cool with weak Mob but when you stand with strong Mob, it look like haven't give mass-damage to them like weak Mob.
Is it a bug?

The Ability "Stasis" NEEDS to be banished... why?! Well imagine this:

You do a Defense or Mobile Defense, at some point Limbo shows up, but you don't want to restart just because of that... so you are forced to watch him/her putting on stasis with loads of duration on his/her build. Whats the problem with that... well combined with his Cataclysm he casts on the Defense Target it makes it impossible for anyone to deal any Damage to the Enemies (at least with Weapons). "You can use Melee"... well okay, imagine it's a sortie and the restriction is to carry a Rifle or Shotgun only (and i might add, introducing this was your idea DE), or just someone who plays Mesa and does not equip Melee for the Bonus (again... your idea). "You can use your powers", well i am out of energy and the Eximus are draining more than the Frame regenerates (by whatever means). So you cannot kill the enemy and the Limbo decides to go who knows what in real life, leaving you sitting there (probably with the Emote in game cause whats the point right?) watching the Defense Target getting destroyed, unable to do anything about it...

Game Over - thx Limbo - thx DE

...would you call that a nice Feature DE?! Cause in my opinion the Majority of Tenno would call that Trolling (or defenitly annoying) (they obviously would choose far worse terms and curses to express their feelings, but i cannot do that here, can i?)

I don't know why you decide to turn a Frame into an instrument of trolling, you want us report Players doing such things and then you give em tools like these...

Now i wanna go on to tell ... but well maybe you would ban me for that cause you might consider that "complaining" which you wont "allow" us...

2 hours ago, ApocalypticFlameFury said:

Ok wait...it DOESN'T overload teammates' bullets? Ohhh boy...

Why would it? Because of rift surge, when you close cata, the only left in the rift are enemies, their bullets and maybe a few bullets from your squad if you took too long to close it. You can then dash back into the rift and deal with whatever you caught without your team mates accidentally over loading your stasis.

I found some interesting dynamics on Limbo's stasis. You can go into the rift by yourself and activate stasis. Then suspend a few bullets in time. You can go out of rift and the bullets follow you. When you deactivate stasis, your suspended bullets will fly and hit enemies on the material plane. Not sure if this is a bug or if intended.

I also read that Limbo's Cataclysm damage is equal to 10% of the total enemy health and shields in the bubble. So if that's true, all you need is at least 10 enemies of the same type in the bubble and its an instakill. Less than 10 enemies and they won't die and different enemies mean some will get one shot while others won't. The damage is also NOT affected by power strength and enemy armor will still mitigate the damage.

Edited by (PS4)mahoshonenfox

12 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Why would it? Because of rift surge, when you close cata, the only left in the rift are enemies, their bullets and maybe a few bullets from your squad if you took too long to close it. You can then dash back into the rift and deal with whatever you caught without your team mates accidentally over loading your stasis.

True, true. Never said that teammates' bullets should though, I was just surprised. I'm glad the rework was well thought out though. Except for the nullifier problem.....

Honestly I use to enjoy playing the old Limbo, all he needed were some quality of life tweaks and that is it. Now I don't enjoy playing him at all, honestly they should have just created a whole different frame if this is what they were going to do. He feels clunky and I absolutely hate the roll to enter/exit the rift mechanic as I'm constantly in the wrong plane due to me trying to use roll like I would with any other frame. Great job ruining a frame.

Do you guys think it would be better if Limbo going into rift is 'Crouch + Roll' instead of 'Roll'?
Like how Bullet Jump is 'Crouch + Jump', not just 'Jump'.
I don't know you guys, but I use roll, a lot.
Missing a basic move just bothers me.
Love the rework by the way.

Edited by OoharaSora
Changed 'Slide' into 'Crouch'

Very good idea. I use roll to move. Replacing it in one warframe realy messes up my game.

Also, how can Limbo be master of the Rift whe he cant banish freely? I find banish embargo if you are not on the same plane frustrating. The rift is already complicated as it is, slapping this on make it even more clunky.

1 minute ago, Shreiko said:

Aside from entering the rift rolling as limbo achieves the exact same results as rolling with another frame.

Except you'll be going in and out of rift non-stop. If you don't want to get in or out of rift, you can't do any roll/rift dash.

8 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

Except you'll be going in and out of rift non-stop. If you don't want to get in or out of rift, you can't do any roll/rift dash.

The effectiveness and efficiency of the current iteration of Limbo relies heavily on the responsiveness of Rift Walk. Layering the complexity of multiple actions and button presses to activate this ability stifles the fluidity of Rift Walk whilst in combat. This compromise we currently have in the game is for the best. I do understand where you are coming from but also believe that your proposed solution will only make things worse for Limbo as a whole.

@Xardis @OoharaSora

Edited by Shreiko

You're not missing a basic move, it's just different. It's a little weird to go from rolling all the time to popping in and out of the rift (or trying not to) but it's vastly superior to have multiple key presses to do what should be a very quick and fluid function.

17 minutes ago, Shreiko said:

The effectiveness and efficiency of the current iteration of Limbo relies heavily on the responsiveness of Rift Walk. Layering the complexity of multiple actions and button presses to activate this ability stifles the fluidity of Rift Walk whilst in combat. This compromise we currently have in the game is for the best. I do understand where you are coming from but also believe that your proposed solution will only make things worse for Limbo as a whole.

Yes, Limbo relies heavily on the responsiveness of Rift Walk. I agree with that, that's why it's important not to let him pop in and out everytime you do a basic move. And how is adding 1 more requirement making things worse for Limbo -as a whole-. They already removed energy and the long animation required for rift walk, just adding a slide won't kill. I don't see you complaining Bullet Jumps need 'Crouch+Jump'.

@Shreiko@AdunSaveMe

Edited by OoharaSora

38 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

Do you guys think it would be better if Limbo going into rift is 'Slide + Roll' instead of 'Roll'?

Can you explain the mechanics of this a bit more clearly?  As the way I have my keybinds setup it would be impossible for me to roll and slide at the same time or even to press both at the same time.

In any case, I think its just a matter of getting used to the difference in animation.  I am not saying I've actually tested it or anything but the length of a roll and the length of the rift drift seem about the same distance to me, so effectively nothing has really changed mobility wise.

Although it can be a bit confounding at the start, what with keeping track of whether you're in or out and all, beyond that it doesn't feel terrible to me.

10 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

And how is adding 1 more requirement making things worse for Limbo -as a whole-. They already removed energy and the long animation required for rift walk, just adding a slide won't kill.

Just curious, do you use a controller?  Many people who do so are actually quite perturbed whenever they force something to require a key combo they aren't used to.  So for console players and such it probably would be worse.

Either way though the solution to these types of dilemmas is likely to always be "add the option for both" because I for one would not want to have to slide and roll every time I wish to enter or exit the rift, as I do so quite often when playing Limbo.  I've already gotten used to the new way, so if it changes it had better be optional.

11 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Just curious, do you use a controller?  Many people who do so are actually quite perturbed whenever they force something to require a key combo they aren't used to.  So for console players and such it probably would be worse.

No, I've never used a controller, are roll and slide the same button?

16 minutes ago, Cimbro94 said:

Maybe let it go in/go out of the rift only if you are rolling without running?

So basically while you are running and rolling to achieve faster movements you are not continuosly going into the rift

Sounds good?

Sounds pretty good, to me  ;D
as long as Limbo doesn't switch in and out every second like he does now

Edited by OoharaSora

45 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

Yes, Limbo relies heavily on the responsiveness of Rift Walk. I agree with that, that's why it's important not to let him pop in and out everytime you do a basic move. And how is adding 1 more requirement making things worse for Limbo -as a whole-. They already removed energy and the long animation required for rift walk, just adding a slide won't kill. I don't see you complaining Bullet Jumps need 'Crouch+Jump'.

@Shreiko@AdunSaveMe

Crouch/jump is significantly easier to press than crouch/roll.

17 minutes ago, Cimbro94 said:

Maybe let it go in/go out of the rift only if you are rolling without running?

So basically while you are running and rolling to achieve faster movements you are not continuosly going into the rift

Sounds good?

Having to stop to go into the rift would be even worse.