Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

1 minute ago, Antiks said:

He could make defense objectives invulnerable and could restore his teammates energy before, nobody wanted it.

Now he can CC through a convoluted setup. How has his position changed?

I'm not saying that he has changed a great deal, but he has something which other frames don't have, no-strings-attached invulnerability (valkyr and others have invulnerability, but costs energy, Rhino shield can break in a fight with no time to refresh, etc.) He is a lot more versatile than one might think, not to mention he is the king of spy and rescue missions.

1 minute ago, Roachester said:

Not bugged, just REALLY convoluted.

That being said, you're almost right on the money. You can only charge an enemy if they're in the rift with you, and if they leave the rift for any reason, they'll unleash a small AoE that drags them back in along with any of their nearby friends. If a charged target dies while outside of the rift (which, as far as I know, is only possible if they die from the damage they take as a result of being thrown out of the rift in the first place), they'll explode and pass their charge on to any nearby enemies, thus causing a really weird chain reaction... of sorts...

It's a really hard ability to get a good grasp on, but it's proving to be at least somewhat useful.

It's definitely just Rift Surge.

I feel like if they changed banish to be an AOE version of the old banish and reverted rift surge back to what it used to be then this problem would be fixed

I don't know why so many people are saying Limbo got buffed or reworked. This patch is a straight nerf to Limbo.

This patch literally killed Limbo. There's no point to him now.

Here's how powerful Limbo was at endgame.

Go in with a Trinity, a Mesa, an Equinox, a Limbo.

Limbo hits 2, goes into Rift.

Limbo then safely just puts 1 on all of his allies. Now all of his allies are also invincible but their skills can damage enemies.

You get god mode on everyone and 2 energy restoration.

Now you just afk as Limbo for a minute.

Mesa just peacemakers the enemies. Equinox just charges up Maim and nukes everything over and over as Mesa builds up damage.

Trinity just gives free energy when needed. If you don't mind the energy loss, can go with another damage dealer or some other support. Limbo can run Energy Siphon + Coaction Drift with x3 Corrosives to remove all armor still and get energy restore for the team.

You can just go hide wherever you want as Limbo. When an ally needs revive, run up, revive, when they are about to end their rift, they can come to you or if it's safe for them go back to them. You can be safe 100% and still just 1 to banish them back into the rift. Now you can't. You have to make yourself vulnerable to banish them. And you can't do it preemptively, you must coordinate it much more closely with them. If you don't materialize fast enough they could be exposed for longer and die. If you materialize too early you are exposed for too long and can die. This is a huge nerf to Limbo's usefulness. This alone makes him so annoying to use now that it's almost not worth trying some long endurance run.

Now the other nerf. No more rolling. Part of being able to travel very quickly is by rolling. Now you can't so you're just automatically slower than others that can roll. So dumb. I should've at least gotten a forma back for putting two formas into Limbo. Never even going to touch this trash frame anymore after this nerf. -_-

7 minutes ago, greaterthanthree said:

I feel like if they changed banish to be an AOE version of the old banish and reverted rift surge back to what it used to be then this problem would be fixed

i agree with this his stasis is really a great thing they done to his kit just not to fond of the new rift surge the aoe banish im ok with

3 minutes ago, BalaDeSilver said:

Press for AoE, hold for single target. Is it that hard, DE?

He just got rework so they probably will change this nothing is prefect on releases 

Edited by hazerddex

On 15/03/2017 at 1:52 AM, (PS4)iDiabolicax said:

I'm not sure if DE is going to fix this but..

When Limbo uses Cataclysm and if he tries to hack a console, break a grate, or break an ore, it doesn't work. The same applies to picking up items. This is kinda like the "Can't pick up items in the rift" issue. An easy fix to this is allowing items to be broken and picked when using Cataclysm since it's in the same realm. A suggestion I'd like to add is while holding Banish it will mark enemies/allies similar to the new Blade Storm and will Banish all marked enemies simultaneously when the button is released. Or if you banish one enemy and kill that enemy it will transfer to enemies near it.

This would made the cost stack, but it's really better than it is right now.

4 minutes ago, uAir said:

Spoiler

I don't know why so many people are saying Limbo got buffed or reworked. This patch is a straight nerf to Limbo.

This patch literally killed Limbo. There's no point to him now.

Here's how powerful Limbo was at endgame.

Go in with a Trinity, a Mesa, an Equinox, a Limbo.

Limbo hits 2, goes into Rift.

Limbo then safely just puts 1 on all of his allies. Now all of his allies are also invincible but their skills can damage enemies.

You get god mode on everyone and 2 energy restoration.

Now you just afk as Limbo for a minute.

Mesa just peacemakers the enemies. Equinox just charges up Maim and nukes everything over and over as Mesa builds up damage.

Trinity just gives free energy when needed. If you don't mind the energy loss, can go with another damage dealer or some other support. Limbo can run Energy Siphon + Coaction Drift with x3 Corrosives to remove all armor still and get energy restore for the team.

You can just go hide wherever you want as Limbo. When an ally needs revive, run up, revive, when they are about to end their rift, they can come to you or if it's safe for them go back to them. You can be safe 100% and still just 1 to banish them back into the rift. Now you can't. You have to make yourself vulnerable to banish them. And you can't do it preemptively, you must coordinate it much more closely with them. If you don't materialize fast enough they could be exposed for longer and die. If you materialize too early you are exposed for too long and can die. This is a huge nerf to Limbo's usefulness. This alone makes him so annoying to use now that it's almost not worth trying some long endurance run.

Now the other nerf. No more rolling. Part of being able to travel very quickly is by rolling. Now you can't so you're just automatically slower than others that can roll. So dumb. I should've at least gotten a forma back for putting two formas into Limbo. Never even going to touch this trash frame anymore after this nerf. -_-

You can still roll normally, I don't what you mean by being "automatically slower than others that can roll" Besides you can still do that but you need more skill to use him, which is what most of the player base doesn't like.

Edited by (PS4)iDiabolicax

16 minutes ago, greaterthanthree said:

Or even just leave us to use Cataclysm for aoe.  I'm willing to give up a lot to be able to freely punt people into and out of the rift.  That being basically the definition of Limbo, I feel it's important.

Edited by Hjalmthrimul

54 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I guess we'll see how it plays out over the next month or so as they pull in feedback. Who knows, I could be totally wrong. It's happened before 

Only once, but it did happen. 

Dare I ask what happened?

DE, if you think that giving us unfettered Banish access together with Stasis is too powerful, I have a proposal.  Make Stasis a slow effect similar to Molecular Prime, but the strain of acting on too many objects decreases its power.  Like, 0-10 objects it works as currently, 100% slow.  11-20 is 90%, 21-30 80% etc.  This gives you the power to adjust the penalty curve to balance the mechanic now or in the future.  It also provides an easy opportunity for syndicate mod: ease the penalty curve at the cost of a frame mod slot.  If you want, you can tweak it so people count as more than one object; freezing 10 Grineer could be harder than stopping 10 bullets.

Edited by Hjalmthrimul

Been using reworked Limbo, and I like everything except the new banish, to the point that I've been avoiding using it. Also not sure how to use rift surge properly now, but between the wiki and playing on my own, I'll figure it out.

And to the person talking about making allies invulnerable, they can just use the "tear" you create with the dash to follow you in. Enemies can't use it.

My single biggest frustration with "New Limbo" centers on not being able to Banish targets into the Rift... FROM INSIDE the Rift. It just doesn't make sense to me, and it really kills flow and functionality of his abilities a ton. That plus the fact that AOE Banish doesn't discriminate (if I target a friendly, maybe JUST banish AOE friendlies?). This makes Banish even riskier and frustrating to use around party mates that don't want in the Rift.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Rift Surge still has the bonus damage but is now locked behind the Rift Torrent mod. The mod now grants him something like 30% or 35% damage bonus for each enemy in the rift while Rift Surge is active.

That 10 energy gain for each enemy killed in the rift is not something to ignore. People say he's unkillable now with Quick Thinking or something.

His Stasis doesn't have a down side and his new ability to slide in and out of the rift is broken. Nullifiers don't work on it because its a "passive ability." Lol.

Well, that's still one extra mod I don't have an extra slot to put in.

Already have the essential setup. But I guess power strength doesn't matter anymore...

Meaning adding damage to cataclysm is completely pointless now.

I can see how they'd think that, but limbo is so squishy, QT actually doesn't work very well.

I know, because I've used QT with hims since I started maining him.

Having 600 energy, (full) and being downed in one hit?

Didn't happen only one time, it happens EVERY level 40+ mission.

QT is bugged or something. Maybe some of my mods aren't loading into the mission.

I mean, mods not loading into missions has been a problem before, so it could have come back, or was never gone in the first place.

That's good, that was one of my biggest complaints.

I wish it didn't stop projectiles though. Just enemies.

Oh, ooooh, that's actually pretty cool.

Eeeef you, duuum nullies, you can't un rift Limbo no mo!

That alone makes him 100 times cooler to me.

AFAIK, No more safely banishing enemies and allies while keeping yourself from harm in the Rift.

Also, no more regular rolling.

(Furthermore, I doubt if Defense Sortie targets would reliably get into the Rift through tears with their AI.)

If that's true, Limbo just got hugely nerfed in my books.

...Can't believe that Limbo actually got further NERFED.

Edited by NativeKiller

I get that we can't banish enemies from in the rift because it might be seen as too OP with his new changes, but in all honesty, I'm just gonna sit in the rift, dash out for 0.1 second, spam banish, and then dash back in anyway.  Like it's just a tedious extra step, really.  Can we please just be allowed to banish from inside?  It feels needlessly clunky otherwise...

But other than that, love all the new changes and I think you guys hit the nail on the head with this one!

Ok after some testing now he plays completely different.

1. I never use banish because i cant use it in the rift now I use the portal spawned when he goes into the rift it is single target since enemies cant use it.

2.In low level missions you can use rift lightning to shoot out side of your cataclysm its a super nuke.(downside it banishes enemies that lightning strikes no control over them)

3.I dont have to go into limbo with catyclysm i just throw up a bubble and everything is frozen

The only thing I want to be change here is his banish.

-You cannot banish your enemy if you are inside the rift(What!?)

-The banish is now AOE reguardless. 

basically I want to be able to banish enemy into the rift while in the rift instread of I have to be the same plane to banish them. And also can we have some toggle mechanic that switch between AOE and single banish??

Rift surge is no use if we cant banish the damm enemy into rift plane and we all have to pop in and out to do that It's even more clunky than an old mechanic. Now people find using Catalysm is more easier than banish. Rift surge is no use anymore.

Suggestion

1.We could try rework his augment to apply some changes

2.If not the augment. then make a Limbo 2.5 please