Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

mesa's first ability

tehrat

Mesa's last change to her Peacemaker made her play style more challenging, you sometimes have to spin the mouse around really fast to target enemies and makes me at least feel motion sickness. I really don't mind the play style, Mesa is tons of fun to play. So maybe her first ability could see some type of change? Ive never seem to use it, normally i would pop 4th ability on some lap pole. It would be nice to have Ballistic Battery to complement her Peacemaker in some way.

Ballistic Battery could scan Mesa surroundings, opening up enemies to weaknesses for me and allies, even highlighting enemies to Mesa for easier Peacemaker play. Or maybe Ballistic Battery is fine the way it is?

How does it make any kind of sense for the ability that stores weapon damage and applies it to your next shot to suddenly scan your surroundings and highlight things?

Also if you're getting motion sickness because you occasionally have to rotate your camera somewhat, how do you handle a game where that's 80% of what you do while moving?

I get motion sick incredibly easily and can't even ride most rollercoasters or play first person for very long. Still don't get it with mesa's fourth though?

Tbh peacemaker is better than ever. All you have to do is spin the mouse while looking at your mini map for targets. Animal instinct has enough range to highlight any targets in range for you.

59 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

How does it make any kind of sense for the ability that stores weapon damage and applies it to your next shot to suddenly scan your surroundings and highlight things?

please...ANY change to her first would be a good and much needed change....I for one NEVER use her first BECAUSE it is USELESS in a game style like warframe.

All her 1 needs is to be passively activated. Then when you do enough damage, you simply hit 1 to charge the next shot. 

The extra step to just START charging it, is what makes it useless.

It should work like volts passive, except you press 1 to unleash the damage. 

It's a good damage boost when I get in the groove of using it, but it's usually never there when I actually need it. It makes Mesa a beast with slow high damage weapons.

The only other change I would make is maybe make it a guaranteed crit on top of damage boost

Edited by Hypernaut1

Your change makes little sense because you are asking for Banshee's Sonar ability as a first ability.  Ballistic Battery does need substantial changes or a rework, but not that.  Here's my ideas for a Ballistic Battery change:

• Ballistic Battery passively charges up energy from her firing.  Upon activation it buffs the next 3-5 shots or so (similar to how it is now except it buffs more than just one shot).
  • The buffed shots have innate punchthrough

The thing is that BB is an ok ability with the right build. Its biggest problems are it having an activation animation (that is 2-handed) and that it generally isn't worth 25 energy.

On 06/04/2017 at 11:06 PM, tehrat said:

Ballistic Battery could scan Mesa surroundings, opening up enemies to weaknesses for me and allies, even highlighting enemies to Mesa for easier Peacemaker play. Or maybe Ballistic Battery is fine the way it is?

I think just removing the buffering limit or drastically increasing it would be good enough.

You know, since most of the weapons in Warframe are already distributed for DPS (high fire rate but less damage per bullet, and more damage per shot for a low fire rate, and so on) so... why is Ballistic Battery only applicable to your next shot?

Why is it not a short buff to damage over a few seconds instead? So you get a buff to all shots out of a high fire rate rifle for three seconds, but only a buff to one or two shots out of a low fire rate rifle and it balances out.

Peacemaker, on the other hands, is one of the most damaging abilities in the game, and I see no reason for it to be buffed further when she already has a radial CC and a 95% damage reduction ability to keep her safe while she's doing this.

My advice to cut down on motion sickness from spinning, though, is better placement. Sure a post or box in the middle seems logical, but you'll find that choosing a spot where enemies have to turn a corner to get to you from inside your range means that you draw far more enemies towards you overall. Proper placement means better survival, and also a narrower turning arc for picking off enemies as they arrive.

On 06/04/2017 at 4:21 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

All her 1 needs is to be passively activated. Then when you do enough damage, you simply hit 1 to charge the next shot. 

I am, however, 100% behind this.

her first right now is not practical, it should be something that charges up but the result should not be one crucial shot, its indeed not practical.
If you could unleash it and perhaps for a short short period it would revert her back to pre-rework where for a time she auto targets and shoots enemies really fast, like a almost clearing the room in 3 seconds type deal, that would be pretty damn cool.

On 4/6/2017 at 8:06 AM, tehrat said:

Mesa's last change to her Peacemaker made her play style more challenging, you sometimes have to spin the mouse around really fast to target enemies and makes me at least feel motion sickness. I really don't mind the play style, Mesa is tons of fun to play. So maybe her first ability could see some type of change? Ive never seem to use it, normally i would pop 4th ability on some lap pole. It would be nice to have Ballistic Battery to complement her Peacemaker in some way.

The change you're proposing right now is Banshee's 2nd ability, Sonar:

USING ACOUSTIC LOCATION, BANSHEE'S SONAR POWER FINDS AND TRACKS ENEMIES, AND EXPOSES CRITICAL WEAK SPOTS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR SQUAD. (This is the description from the official banshee page)

I like ballistic battery when used with high power rifles or snipers, taking down highly armored targets is easier then. It's fine. It's a first ability after all. 

Edited by danthedapper

I had an idea to change ballistic battery to work more like battery projectiles:

- Keep initial charge mechanic that gives damage based on the percentage of charge. 100% charge equals a full damage battery

- On second cast, your next shot from your primary/secondary weapon gains the bonus damage like usual

-the battery shot becomes an AOE cast that is centered on the projectiles impact, based on range, and combines the weapon damage on that shot plus the bonus damage. Basically spreads the damage over a small area. Can be fired at surfaces

-headshots add an additional multiplier for the damage, based on power strength.

- if the battery shot kills (x) amount of enemies, the ability is refreshed at no cost, allowing you to build up charge again. This adds more synergy to peacemaker. Headshot kills apply the refresh regardless of amount

-augment applies effect over the area

It's very rough but I think this could be a good change.

My suggestion for her 1 was to make it apply to an entire clip of your weapon, and while applied, make it unapplicable again until the clip is emptied/reloaded, which will enable her 1 to be recasted for the damage again. So same process, tweaks for balancing.