Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I doing the wrong thing? In a trade

WorldLiberation

5 hours ago, low1991 said:

Warframe.market is a useless website. Cause it doesn't capture all transactions in WF. (ie, buyer & seller unware/dont use it = a transaction un-recorded). Coming from: Cuz i can't login into market with the same account/PW as this website. = meaning, need to sign-up a separate account = separate from WF database.

Umm, what..? It's not a transaction / statistics tracker, it's an auction house where people list what they want to sell or buy and for how much. The prices you see are what people are asking/offering this very moment, not statistics from the past. :confused: 

Edited by Vilmu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Match_Girl

It is actually a really sad but also pretty morbid story, like many old fairy tales before they get disneyfied. It holds a particular nasty truth also, there is a point of cold humans can reach where the fear of never EVER getting warm again makes people do crazy stuff. Like stepping into a fire. Or feeling the urge to do so. Or drink yourself to death. And you won't even notice.....

42 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Trade chat is full of scammers, but sometimes you can find a kind soul who will give you a good deal.

I actually found the trade chat, just like our community, is full of nice and friendly people who would go out of their way to help you if you ask nicely. And yes, there is also the occasional pissfinger screwing up the numbers, as is always the case...

2 minutes ago, ComCray said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Match_Girl

It is actually a really sad but also pretty morbid story, like many old fairy tales before they get disneyfied. It holds a particular nasty truth also, there is a point of cold humans can reach where the fear of never EVER getting warm again makes people do crazy stuff. Like stepping into a fire. Or feeling the urge to do so. Or drink yourself to death. And you won't even notice.....

Yes, I also like the part where she turns into a magical girl

Spoiler

On a more serious note, I agree

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Yes, I also like the part where she turns into a magical girl

Reveal hidden contents

On a more serious note, I agree

AFAIK in the original the only magic that happens is inside her head. That's what makes it so sad...

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was joking about how they did a silly version in a recent anime

oh... does using these tags mean we're having a secret conversation now..? How exciting!!! 

:laugh:

Edited by ComCray

6 hours ago, Darizuka said:

I bought Loki Prime for 700p

and the next day everyone else was selling it for 400-600p

Beware guys...

beware...

i sold my loki sets for 150p... cz i really dont need anything and its been more like giveaway

7 hours ago, low1991 said:

Warframe.market is a useless website. Cause it doesn't capture all transactions in WF. (ie, buyer & seller unware/dont use it = a transaction un-recorded). Coming from: Cuz i can't login into market with the same account/PW as this website. = meaning, need to sign-up a separate account = separate from WF database.

Willing buyer, Willing seller. If A offers X, and B refuses w/o a counter-offer. Negotiation fails.

I have to disagree with you,  Warframe.market is a really useful site for selling your stuff.  Just post what you're selling and wait for a buyer to pm you ingame.  I don't even have to yell in the Trade Chat for hours.

Warframe.market is more like a trading house for the game, since the game itself doesn't have one.  You actually need to verify your market account thru the official website. Your name in the market website is also your ingame name so you can just pm that seller and try to negotiate.

24 minutes ago, Coldie93 said:

I have to disagree with you,  Warframe.market is a really useful site for selling your stuff.  Just post what you're selling and wait for a buyer to pm you ingame.  I don't even have to yell in the Trade Chat for hours.

Warframe.market is more like a trading house for the game, since the game itself doesn't have one.  You actually need to verify your market account thru the official website. Your name in the market website is also your ingame name so you can just pm that seller and try to negotiate.

I re-look at this 'market', i dont see any transaction completed, in the search function i see a list. What kind of Internal Control is there, is there any actual system which confirms that the said transaction have be arms length and & not fake? Or that the highest seller isn't real/item non-existence?

I'm casting doubt on this 'market'

Edited by low1991

10 minutes ago, low1991 said:

I re-look at this 'market', i dont see any transaction completed, in the search function i see a list. What kind of Internal Control is there, is there any actual system which confirms that the said transaction have be arms length and & not fake? Or that the highest seller isn't real/item non-existence?

I'm casting doubt on this 'market'

It's just a simple website that list people who want to buy or sell stuff.  The search bar is linked to the item database.  You type in the item you want and it gives you a list of sellers and buyers for it.

For the actual transaction, you pm the seller/buyer personally ingame, and you trade ingame.  The website just saves you from the clustertruck that is the Trade Chat

In simple terms warframe.market is a bulletin board for you to post items you wish to sell or buy. It's just like posting an ad. 

It's not a middleman or a tradebot.

22 minutes ago, Coldie93 said:

It's just a simple website that list people who want to buy or sell stuff.  The search bar is linked to the item database.  You type in the item you want and it gives you a list of sellers and buyers for it.

For the actual transaction, you pm the seller/buyer personally ingame, and you trade ingame.  The website just saves you from the clustertruck that is the Trade Chat

In simple terms warframe.market is a bulletin board for you to post items you wish to sell or buy. It's just like posting an ad. 

It's not a middleman or a tradebot.

Ok. since it's just a bulletin board, you can create a account to put up fake selling offer to jack-up the price' average, or multiple account to flood the entire upper-limit, or lower-limit if you want 'cheaper' selling offers. Since there's no real proof of such transaction taken place, you could sell on left hand, buy from right hand, IF there's such a function to track transaction completed.

In other word, it's useless. OP (buyer) whom refers to the website, is using it as a proof & evidence for the said price-tag. If i'm the seller, i will avoid but NOT BL.

Like i say, the market is about negotiation, if fail &/or either side refuses further discussion, negotiation fails.

However, i'm puzzled as to why the seller is asking for your name (as in IRL)... 

Edited by low1991
grammer -.-"

7 minutes ago, low1991 said:

Ok. since it's just a bulletin board, you can create a account to put up fake selling offer to jack-up the price' average, or multiple account to flood the entire upper-limit, or lower-limit if you want 'cheaper' selling offers. Since there's no real proof of such transaction taken place, you could sell on left hand, buy from right hand, IF there's such a function to track transaction completed.

In other word, it's useless. OP (buyer) whom refers to the website, is using it as a proof & evidence for the said price-tag. If i'm the seller, i will avoid but NOT BL.

Like i say, the market is about negotiation, if fail &/or either side refuses further discussion, negotiation fails.

However, i'm puzzled as to why the seller is asking for your name (as in IRL)... 

Well if there's a guy that dedicated to scamming, hats off to him.  Like I said earlier,  when you register in warframe.market,  you need to verify it the official site warframe.com.  Only verified accounts can post in warframe.market.  Making multiple accounts there means also making multiple accounts in this site.

And also I disagree with you calling that site useless.  Here's some of my recent experiences that prove that site is useful :

One time I did a 6 hours vault runs and hauled some good mods.  The next day I posted the mods to the warframe.market and sold all of it in under an hour.  I made 170 plats without writing a single post in the trade chat.  If I didn't use the market, I could spend all day monitoring and posting in the trade chat and still wont be able to sell it all.

And just the other day I was looking to buy a Natural Talent mod.  I tried writing in the trade chat and people started offering it for 20p-35p.  I felt that it's quite steep so I checked warframe.market and lo and behold, there was a guy selling it for 7p... And I just got the mod for 7p.

If youre worried about negotiations, I occasionally get costumers, thru the website, that ask to lower my prices.

And they are not asking you for your real name.  They are asking for your ingame name.  How else would people pm you ingame?

And  

8 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

They technically don't even play the same game as us. Sure they have the same basic cosmetics but the story is completely different (Can't be having a story about over throwing a tyrannical government), all their stats are different (Wukong can clear entire tilesets with his staff)....

And Umbra Prime is just a renamed Excalibur Prime that was dolled up to fit a more Chinese theme.

nah, more on the dollar side as i know, you reallize someone selling really low coz they live in a 3rd world country? The Lotus compenstae them with 50% off every time and 75% as uncommon. So they will buy&sell at the same price with the dollar clubs. China has large working class and cheap labor, so RIP trade. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

its a really sad day in the world where all myths and legends are either messed up by Disney, told decently in anime, or fairly difficult to find someone who actually knows of them, its really nice to see so many people who know some of these old storys

I thought it is just a Christian thing to not mess with myths and fairy tales. 

Edited by WorldLiberation

7 hours ago, GennaPetrovich said:

Do you like maid dragons ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but... but its Danish <-<  Published in Dansk Folkekalender, 1846 by Hans Christian Andersen under the title "Den Lille Pige med Svovlstikkerne"

>_> I thought it was Russian actually so I looked it up.

7 hours ago, low1991 said:

This is from their FAQ:

Why do you need to verify my in-game name?

We don't want to see fake accounts and fake orders on our site. It would create a 
bad experience for everyone. We apologize if it means a few more minutes of setting 
up before you can trade, but this is a necessary procedure.

How to use this service?

1) If you wish to look through some orders just use the search function on the home page and contact the buyer/seller.
2) If you want to place an order, you must be registered on our site. We have 2 options:

Registration through Steam Login. (Using Steam OpenID Provider, you can read about it Here)

Registration by our standalone system (See below).

After registration and verefication of your ingame name, you can place order.

It's not impossible to do what you suggest, but one would have to create quite many Warframe and email accounts to have enough impact on the prices. One person selling way lower than others would only cause him to get mass whispers from people wanting to buy. And if he's not online to receive those, he is listed as offline in the site too (near bottom of the seller list, it prioritizes online people and shows them at the top). 

Same thing can be done using the in-game trade chat by fake selling stuff way cheaper than others, so it isn't really an argument against the site in my opinion.

And no, there is no function to track transactions.

Edited by Vilmu

11 hours ago, Coldie93 said:

And also I disagree with you calling that site useless.  Here's some of my recent experiences that prove that site is useful :

One time I did a 6 hours vault runs and hauled some good mods.  The next day I posted the mods to the warframe.market and sold all of it in under an hour.  I made 170 plats without writing a single post in the trade chat.  If I didn't use the market, I could spend all day monitoring and posting in the trade chat and still wont be able to sell it all.

And just the other day I was looking to buy a Natural Talent mod.  I tried writing in the trade chat and people started offering it for 20p-35p.  I felt that it's quite steep so I checked warframe.market and lo and behold, there was a guy selling it for 7p... And I just got the mod for 7p.

Well here's an example, of how useless that website is. ie.

1. Seller selling item A on offer. A PM was sent to him, And Seller offer X price. Buyer use website as reference, but Seller insist of X price or +/- 5% variation. At that point of time, there is only 1 seller you on PM. Buyer either bail or negotiate. (Which might lead to OP' case) 
  2. Buyer & Seller dont use website as reference and buy/sell recently. Meaning the active market on arm's length transaction. This should represent the current market, and not the warframe.market on stasis. (just compare it with stock exchange market or current exchange rate).
  3. Seller selling an exclusive item (ie, legendary core). Buyer use website as reference. Seller insist on X price and there are no more such supplies (legendary core are given out when DE did a mistake). Meaning the warframe.market no longer represent the current active market in-game. (My case, the buyer follows my price-tag)
  4. Buyer PM seller for Item C, Seller said not in stock/nt for sale & ignore suggestion to take down item C in the selling list.

On your case, the guy selling for 7p use warframe.market as well. So it works for you both. And not if either side dont use that website.

4 hours ago, Vilmu said:

It's not impossible to do what you suggest, but one would have to create quite many Warframe and email accounts to have enough impact on the prices. One person selling way lower than others would only cause him to get mass whispers from people wanting to buy. And if he's not online to receive those, he is listed as offline in the site too (near bottom of the seller list, it prioritizes online people and shows them at the top). 

Same thing can be done using the in-game trade chat by fake selling stuff way cheaper than others, so it isn't really an argument against the site in my opinion.

And no, there is no function to track transactions.

Offline/Online, Price highest/lowest... Doesn't this shows when useless in a way? Online with price-tag & stock on hand + is for sales = active? And not all register w that site. (Me). This is like saying the chart given by steam warframe is true & fair in view. (which will make me non-steam users non-existence.)

Edited by low1991

2 hours ago, low1991 said:

Well here's an example, of how useless that website is. ie.

1. Seller selling item A on offer. A PM was sent to him, And Seller offer X price. Buyer use website as reference, but Seller insist of X price or +/- 5% variation. At that point of time, there is only 1 seller you on PM. Buyer either bail or negotiate. (Which might lead to OP' case) 
  2. Buyer & Seller dont use website as reference and buy/sell recently. Meaning the active market on arm's length transaction. This should represent the current market, and not the warframe.market on stasis. (just compare it with stock exchange market or current exchange rate).
  3. Seller selling an exclusive item (ie, legendary core). Buyer use website as reference. Seller insist on X price and there are no more such supplies (legendary core are given out when DE did a mistake). Meaning the warframe.market no longer represent the current active market in-game. (My case, the buyer follows my price-tag)
  4. Buyer PM seller for Item C, Seller said not in stock/nt for sale & ignore suggestion to take down item C in the selling list.

On your case, the guy selling for 7p use warframe.market as well. So it works for you both. And not if either side dont use that website.

Offline/Online, Price highest/lowest... Doesn't this shows when useless in a way? Online with price-tag & stock on hand + is for sales = active? And not all register w that site. (Me). This is like saying the chart given by steam warframe is true & fair in view. (which will make me non-steam users non-existence.)

Well you are making me facepalm right now. Warframe.market is just a convenient tool for selling and buying stuff you want and avoid the trade chat,  if you are after monitoring the market prices then you are in the wrong site.

And who said the prices in the site are static? Prices go up and down as usual.  Just today when baro arrived, the price of the Jolt mod go down to 50p.  It was 120p ytd.

Seriously if you are unsatisfied with the price offered to you then don't transact. People, including me, use it for reference and I dont think that is bad. I mean would you buy a Natural Talent mod at 30p just because it's "the market price" when you are aware that there are sellers at 7p-10p that are just one pm away?

Whether you use it or not is up to you.  If you want to yell in Trade Chat all day hoping someone would pm you, thats up to you.  It just rubs me wrong the wrong way that you deemed a perfectly good site useless just because you don't use it.

Sidenote: you can still get legendary cores in sorties.