The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading market is going downhill fast

(PSN)willitical

One of the biggest problems with trade is the fact that you can go and get a full set of primes for cheaper than what it costs to get the non prime, it makes players lazy and honestly makes people not even play the game, this is how it became more of a farming simulator. 

On 11/04/2017 at 3:15 AM, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

So according to you  our Time and effort doing the event was for nothing,  if i had known i wouldn't have even done the event,  u guys r prooving my point for me

Lol this is pathetic :D I am glad there are people that give it away and are not such dicheads, Like... Damn, Son

[Edit] I should add some things as explanation: Noone is forcing you to sell for S#&$ prices. If you don't like it and need plat go and support the devs like you claim and buy it. Supply and demand are what dictates as always. For me farming S#&$ is so easy its not even funny. Ergo I am guessing others are having a field day as well. So supply goes up, demand drops and prices drop with it. This spiral goes down until a price is reached noone thinks worth selling for anymore. Which might result in increasing prices. This is economics, m8. No communist regulatory BS pls... And honestly: Trying to milk the piss poor decisions of DE for plat is sad. Really sad.

[Edit2] Selling for low prices is good for DE. You play and farm longer to trade for the plat to buy their cosmetics. Great! Their system works!

[Edit3] You are also aware that 75 plat = 4.50€, right?

Edited by Simmml

1 hour ago, SsRoss said:

One of the biggest problems with trade is the fact that you can go and get a full set of primes for cheaper than what it costs to get the non prime, it makes players lazy and honestly makes people not even play the game, this is how it became more of a farming simulator. 

Thats supply and demand for you.

Its easier to get them and these parts are tradeable.

On 11/04/2017 at 3:17 PM, (PS4)Yodunheim said:

Just attempted selling a banshee prime set for 30p, but he then asked if he could get it for 10. Vets be like "nahh this system is fine."

You don't have to sell. If you sell her for less thats only your fault

On 13/04/2017 at 0:26 PM, Simmml said:

You don't have to sell. If you sell her for less thats only your fault

Exactly, it's like we are somehow responsible for everyone idiot that puts an offer in. There's always people that are going to try to scam or really lowball it, nothing is going to change that.

All this talk and I just sitting here wishing I had plat to spend.  I'm a founder with Excalibur prime but I took a 3 year break and am sitting here sad that loki prime is vaulted and ash prime is going to be.   (I have 3 frames loki/ash/Excalibur prime) 

You guys and your money problems lol

On 4/10/2017 at 8:58 PM, (PS4)TrueBenatic1 said:

I have to agree with Will here. The trade chat is crap these days. Not too long ago, I could  find no lower than 180 on Mag Prime. Now im lucky to find someone willing to buy it for 100. You used to have to pay oodles for stuff. Its just different times. Still, I saw a guy the other day wanted to buy a whole Nekros Prime set for 20. That was his legit offer. I hate how they act all entitled and triggered when you ask a fair price. Just talked to a guy the other day who was saying the EXACT SAME THING. So my suggestion to anyone who thinks that this trade is better or even fair, I say "go try to sell something for a decent amount and don't budge on the price. Then we'll talk."

Tho this is from your anecdotes, the implication for such things as 40% and more depreciation is a crashing economy resulting by deflation. It is maybe not prices going low for supply vs. demand, but buyers having generally not enough money to purchase such things at the true market value.

If there are so many new players having very little platinum, and no old players purchasing from the new players, this maybe causes no trading to happen very much. It is similar to such issues of concentration of wealth into classes, such as aftermath of old money leaving the system like bored players never returning or maybe also the rich players buying no more things from the lower players because nothing is interesting to buy from trades.

Must wonder where does this class of very poor player begin? They are too cheap to purchase platinum? They purchase platinum, but find more value from the market only and not trades? It is maybe also a flight of rich veterans to cause low prices for trading also, tho who can know does this happen now? It is recent? It is on going? It is theory only?

Having no evidence for such things in warframe I am unable to say, tho it is interesting to think.

Edited by Zookes

On 4/11/2017 at 10:01 AM, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

and what happens if everyone expects to get stuff for free? ud be ok with that?

Everyone already expects stuff for free. The only reason they stopped doing that is because no one is willing to pick up their offer. That's how markets work. If you're complaining prices are too low, might as well tell everyone to stop farming parts to inflate the prices.

34 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

Everyone already expects stuff for free. The only reason they stopped doing that is because no one is willing to pick up their offer. That's how markets work. If you're complaining prices are too low, might as well tell everyone to stop farming parts to inflate the prices.

Well said.

Prices are going to go down for as long as people can farm them.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:59 PM, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

it is because prime gears are easy to farm. even a new player can do it.

not really, traded plat is not money for DE, in fact DE will hate it when a player us able to obtain plat thru trade. since plats is harder to get thru trades you will start to think about buying it in the market.

primes prices are low, but rivens are still high.

Disagree. Trading to get plat...means someone bought that plat...and traded it for an item. DE still wins.

3 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Disagree. Trading to get plat...means someone bought that plat...and traded it for an item. DE still wins.

Not necessarily. Lets say for S#&$s and giggles that there are only 1000 players playing warframe. Each of those player bought 1000p. So now there is 1 mil in plat floating in warframe space if no one else buys plat. You can trade and sell that plat without having to buy more. DE doesn't win in that scenario. So traded plat isn't money for DE. They only made it off the initial purchase. You know how rich they would be if they made money off of traded plat? I'd like 5% of that profit. But wildcats' comment that "DE will hate it" is obviously not true since they allow and encourage trading.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Now we need de to step in and say this cant continue,  my idea is to have scales in the trade window,  that shows if its a fair trade or not,  doesn't need to be exact,  but maybe 20% in either direction is considered a fair trade,  and i think if it shows say 80 to 20 % the trade will be denied,  until it balances out more

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, Animatronic said:

No. I gifted my friend a full Banshee Prime set since she was his first warframe after his chosen starter (Mag). Your proposal would basically make gifting stuff to friends pointless, they'd have to give something in return to consolidate the "fairness" and that negates the point of GIFTING. Not only that, but no one has the right to say what is and isn't fair to trade because it is a free market.

The plat in trading is also not an infinite resource being conjured out of thin air, someone somewhere has spent money in the game to get that plat into trading.

As Animatronic said, gifting and such would be pointless. And besides, no one can tell someone else what a fair trade to them is. I would trade full sets to my clanmates and close friends for a ammo drum. In what you want, that wouldn't be a fair trade, but to me, its fair enough. How can you gauge the fairness of an item that may be worthless to someone? What is the fairness in trading a Rhino Prime set or a Glaive Prime set? Both are vaulted but are they equal in terms of value? Another man's trash is another man's treasure.

On 4/13/2017 at 5:46 AM, SsRoss said:

Nothing encapsulates the difference between capitalism (prime/market forces) and communism (artificially set prices) than your example.

3 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Yes thank you, finnaly u guys see the point. Imagine if every part costed 1 plat, ppl wont need to buy plat any more, that would be bad. Also de added trading for us, without knowing for sure what would change. Now think where wf would be without trading. Alot of ppl thought it would break the game, but it actually saved it. Because they showed us that plat sales are 2ndary to making us happy, and making us happy kept us playiing. So the question is doesn't de deserve to make as much as possible ? I say yes. Also keep in mind they are happy when stuff is expensive to buy, i remember them being happy about primed chamber going for a crazy amount. And why u ask because that person had to buy lots of plat to make the deal. Also y they vault stuff and make special weapons tradable, so ppl will buy plat to trade for that stuff. U guys condridict yourself'S u sell low to help the players who dont have have much, making it harder to get plat for those who has to rely on tading. The best thing is balaced values. And the economy is always changing based on what others has sold it for. As long as it goes up and down like it always has then its fine, but if it continues to drop then eventually ppl wont play anymore. 

Also eveyone who can buy plat, just imagine if u couldnt, then you would see the issue. Spending 3 days to make 20 plat isnt very good at all. All of your gaols would involve getting plat, and become very annoyed like some of us. Heres a good example arcane values hasnt changed a whole lot. Some still goes for 300p each and tons of ppl has no problem paying it because they know its a fair price. Its easy for values to drop but hard to get values back up. In other words dont dig a huge whole by selling for pennies or well all fall in. Also i mean dont sell low to everyone, freinds and clanmates is fine. But post in trading wts arcane energize 25pe and see how many angry messages u get. Because then ppl would think 300 is a rediculous price. All we need to do is post in tading wts something and put a bit over the current value. Then it will come up, very simple guys. Tell ppl when they r selling too low, so they will start asking for more. Dont let the noobs dictate the econemy. Instead show them how to be sucesfull. 

35 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Also eveyone who can buy plat, just imagine if u couldnt, then you would see the issue. Spending 3 days to make 20 plat isnt very good at all. All of your gaols would involve getting plat, and become very annoyed like some of us. Heres a good example arcane values hasnt changed a whole lot. Some still goes for 300p each and tons of ppl has no problem paying it because they know its a fair price. Its easy for values to drop but hard to get values back up. In other words dont dig a huge whole by selling for pennies or well all fall in. Also i mean dont sell low to everyone, freinds and clanmates is fine. But post in trading wts arcane energize 25pe and see how many angry messages u get. Because then ppl would think 300 is a rediculous price. All we need to do is post in tading wts something and put a bit over the current value. Then it will come up, very simple guys. Tell ppl when they r selling too low, so they will start asking for more. Dont let the noobs dictate the econemy. Instead show them how to be sucesfull. 

WTF. No one buys plats, the entire population still buys slots and potatoes all the time and eventually there will be no plats in the system. 

The problem is not prime parts are cheap, it's "no one buys plats".

You can justify whatever price you want to sell but if no one buys it, it's pointless. "Fair" trade happens on both side not just sellers. 

Edited by Volinus7

What the hell... why would you complain about low prices? Any decent trader with a handful of brain cells would see this as a good opportunity for investment. I can break it down in a few steps...

1. Realize whining about the ups and downs of capitalism isn't going to change anything.

2. Buy some Plat if you need some. if not, skip to step 3

3. Buy up all the cheap Prime sets you can find. looking at the history of how sets are vaulted, Ash P, Vectis P, and ESPECIALLY Carrier P will be hot buys for cheap.

4. Wait until sets are vaulted, from the looks of things we can expect Ash and his stuff to be vaulted in about 45 days. if it is already vaulted skip to step 5

5. Sell for whatever over-inflated, borderline extortionate prices you want to sell for.

Honestly, step 4 is the hardest part. also don't forget about Arcanes, the right ones can sell for a pretty penny as well (Energize, Aegis, Avenger, Etc...)

There isn't really much plat floating around in the market at the moment. Hence the low prices. Even riven mods. Sure people are advertising them at good value but most of them are not selling. Soon enough prices of Riven will begin to fall also as Riven mods are a commodity which can be earned in the game where as plat can only be earned through trading. More and more riven mods will fill up the market and prices will plummet.