Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek vs Vaykor Hek

Raskol

Question

I got both weapons from quite some time and i still can't decied which one to keep...

My problem here is that Vaykor Hek feels way better when it comes to gameplay (8 rounds instead of Hek's 4, better crit chance) but the regular Hek got the Scattered Justice mod which gives Justice effect (less important) and 200% multishot (more important)

So what do you guys think? Maybe u know some fine build for both?

8 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I think at the point where Vaykor Hek becomes available a crit build is not very high cost.

He would need a Primed Ravage to be able to outshine the ScatteringJustice Hek. It's not precisely a cheap mod and quite costly to max as well. 

Primed Ravage makes Vaykor Hek a lot better, and considering how crits work with shotguns, which is like a very high fire rate crit rifle because you have 7 pellets per shot on both Hek and Vaykor Hek, with multishot 7x2=14 with 20% chance to multishot 7x3 and then you got all of the critical chance stuck in there and each pellet will have it's chance to crit therefore you'll be killing much faster and much stronger opponents.

Plus you have 8 total vs 4 so your dps will be higher per clip as well.

I'm here using a 5 forma build, Primed Ravage as I've said is what makes this weapon truly sing. Primed Point Blank just helps even more. I use corrosive mainly for Vey Hek in raids and infested, Radiation for Grineer when not raiding, and Viral sometimes for the giggles. Toxin is what you want to use against Corpus but I just use Radiation for them as well.

Alloy Armor is more susceptible to radiation, so use both shotguns with Radiation which ever shotgun is your pref.

Do not use a status build, as status doesn't work the same way on shotguns as it does on rifles. 1 pellet out of 7 would get a status proc making it ineffective. If you get 100% status chance without Hell's Chamber, then go ahead and use a status build but, you'll be hurting yourself since this is a very good critical chance shotgun.

Also don't ever trade out Blaze mod for anything because it will give you way more damage than any other mod you try and replace it with. Remember that for all shotgun builds.

Edited by Alcatraz

IMO they are both very well worth investing into. I have kept and use both, for different tasks and situations. I don't even have Rivens for them. The investments into the VHek as detailed above (Primed mods) make it excellent for assassinations that I'm not bothering to be stealthy with. I have my regular Hek set up more for room clearence and up until very recently it was my most used primary.