Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 8

[DE]Taylor

On 13-4-2017 at 8:38 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno,

Are you ready for the next batch of TennoGen creations coming to Warframe? As usual, we were absolutely floored by the level of creativity and skill this round. Enough exposition - let’s get right down to it:

Syandanas

Warframe Skins

Helmets

Weapon Skins

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

If your creation or your favourite item wasn’t picked, chances are it is pending further feedback from our team. As always, I recommend reviewing our Basic Art Guide and Some Reasons For Rejection guide for help, or reaching out to me or [DE]Syncrasis for advice!

I’ll update this thread with more details on Round 8’s release in-game as they come.

Best,
[DE]Taylor

When is this coming to ps4? Along with the update 20 or earlier

17 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

Lets be real now, all of us want that cape, Master Noob is gonna be a rich man =D

That cape will probably be my #1 Syandana. ;-)

Sorry to DE for criticizing their work but IMO their Centuria Syandana looks like 3 floor-mats hot glue-gunned together. If it's supposed to look like cloth, it's just way too thick.

Thank The Maker(s) we have TennoGen!

On 18/4/2017 at 3:01 PM, -Temp0- said:

You say ity like artists actually owe someone something. 

All mentioned frames are rarely played and in general hardly even that good looking to begin with with exception of Equinox and Nidus. Aside from artists' personal preferences there's no point to create skins for frame that no one plays. If I were able to create something like that it would be for the frames I like personally, not frames that simply 'don't have enough skins' because it's not really motivates that much.

Nezha in particular is so ugl-peculiar looking frame that unless he is re-designed entirely and bears almost no resemblance to his original skin would be the same thing just with the diffirent textures and therefore not worth getting.

Look, I agree about the first part that says that some people act as if artists owe them something and can't understand that they are free to do any warframe skin they want. If they want a skin from one of the warframes then they should do something, not try to force someone to do it for them. Anyone who thinks people should stop making tennogen for warframes with a lot of cosmetic options is wrong, that's the artist choice.

That answer was good enough, but then you continued with what honestly is something completely based on your opinion:

Nidus, isn't rarely played... nowhere close. I don't see the others as much as other warframes but they aren't that uncommon either, they definitely have a considerable popularity. You are also basing your opinion on how good they look as a fact and it isn't since you are assuring that from that selection only Nidus and Equinox look good. Also, since skins allow so much freedom in terms of creativity not being "good looking" doesn't apply either.

Saying that if you were able to create something it would be for the frames you like and not for a warframe you don't like simply because it doesn't have enough skins is spot on, I completely agree with that.

Frame popularity seems to be based on if its new or been reworked. I havent seen Oberon in a llooong time...now theres 2 every mission. Same with Banshee..rarely seen..now theres a Banshee P everywhere..

Nidus, isn't rarely played... nowhere close. I don't see the others as much as other warframes but they aren't that uncommon either, they definitely have a considerable popularity. You are also basing your opinion on how good they look as a fact and it isn't since you are assuring that from that selection only Nidus and Equinox look good. Also, since skins allow so much freedom in terms of creativity not being "good looking" doesn't apply either.

They don't. There's a reason why there's so many excalibur skins for example. People like it and some play from day one and to this day, because his for example abilities are useful without 'buts' and he looks appealing even with his most basic skins (like immortal or prisma) and helmets because he has normal complection for once (unlike Nezha for example) and looks balanced, there's no excessive parts or weird looking things on him so you don't even have to try as much to make skins look good (and that's also not really an "opinion" as well as saying that for example from prime access Misa syandana, Edo and Tagris prime are the 3 pieces majority of people use and they objectively beat all other prime accessories). The more bizzare and ridiculous a frame looks the less popular it will be (especially if he has no unique powers) that's why there's so many Ashes and Excaliburs running around an so few Nezhas or Hydroids outside raids and farming missions. All the whatever it is frames like Nezha, Limbo and so on are niche and so is their look. You want to argue with statistics go argue. I never said that no one uses them or likes, there's always will be someone who enjoys different things and even those who do it just because they will feel like a special snowflake that way and above everyone else just because they use Limbo or Equinox instead of more popular frames like Frost or Excalibur. 

Nidus isn't rarely played yeah but not Nezha or Titania. They're also the definition of ugly. Titania isn't as bad but her concepts looked way better. And her abilities are useless and underwhelming. 

Just because there's a "number" of people that play those frames doesn't mean someone will create skins for them or even if someone will that many will buy it which makes it even less rewarding. There's a whole bunch of reasons why no one is making skins for less popular frames. They're less popular for a reason.

Also, since skins allow so much freedom in terms of creativity not being "good looking" doesn't apply either.

Most skins aren't actual skins but basically a recolor + new textures. Said Nezha still looks like an ill alien monkey, just because he doesn't have a plastic looking skin doesn't change his appearance. 

That's exactly why there's no real reason to look forward to those skins since they barely change frames appearance in most cases. If they will then it's another thing.

27 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

That's exactly why there's no real reason to look forward to those skins since they barely change frames appearance in most cases. If they will then it's another thing.

sir have you actually looked at the tennogen round 8 stuff? they are far from just recolors with new textures. in fact many of the tennogen skins create a very different appearance for warframes. the only times i've seen DE do such dramatic changes is with delux skins.

2 hours ago, Wrum said:

sir have you actually looked at the tennogen round 8 stuff? they are far from just recolors with new textures. in fact many of the tennogen skins create a very different appearance for warframes. the only times i've seen DE do such dramatic changes is with delux skins.

You know what majority means?

There are some skins that give warframe completely new look like Hitsu san's Ash (probably one of the most distinct examples) but majority is like just better quality textures + new effects like on Chroma. Even if some look nice like new Limbo's for example they don't give a frame the new look it's the same look overall, same Limbo, just better quality textures + some visual effects and shiny parts. Some of them don't even have new helmets let alone the base "model" or whatever it's called is also the same, untouched.

On 13/4/2017 at 5:42 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Not at the moment. I'll let you all know when I have more info to share.

Will this tennogen round be released as soon ss it's ready?(like rounds 1-6)or will we PC players have to wait until these get finished, sent to certification, approved by MS/Sony and then simultaneously released acrossall platforms like in round 7?

Since they can get tennogen for free thanks to trading, while there's plenty of PC players with huge platinum mountains that can't be used on these items I guess it's fair giving pc payers the content as some kind of early access now that every single item seems to be doing it into the console build.

This way console players can also get an idea to when expect tennogen.

Edited by ----Legacy----

On 5/1/2017 at 3:32 PM, -Temp0- said:

Nezha or Titania. They're also the definition of ugly. Titania isn't as bad but her concepts looked way better. 

And here I am preferring their looks over most of the frames in the game....

Edited by PoisonHD