Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ambulas boss fight looks illogical.

2Peter3Nine

Why would the Corpus take one that obviously was hacked to their ship?

There are enemies watching you hack them, and they will try to unhack them.

Any one of those guys could just call the ship and be like,

"There are Tenno here hacking them, don't collect them."

"Also, orbital strike plz."

Then you'd get bombarded with the ships guns and die.

Also, if there is more than one, and the Corpus where both smart and wanted to kill the Tenno,

they could just release them all at once, then you badly get dead.

At the end of the day, the function of the fight is more important than the logic. For an existing example, why doesn't Alad V retreat when we show such superiority over the Zanuka (or just send it to fight us and not get involved in the first place)?

Also, from what little footage I saw of it (was tabbing back and forth) it looked like killing everyone there was part of the plan, so there would be no one to call the ship.

12 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Why would the Corpus take one that obviously was hacked to their ship?

There are enemies watching you hack them, and they will try to unhack them.

Any one of those guys could just call the ship and be like,

"There are Tenno here hacking them, don't collect them."

"Also, orbital strike plz."

Then you'd get bombarded with the ships guns and die.

Also, if there is more than one, and the Corpus where both smart and wanted to kill the Tenno,

they could just release them all at once, then you badly get dead.

Automation, stupidity of grunt workforce, and underestimation.

You notice the did a bombardment, and you can dodge them.

The fight is explained that you are at the manufacturing plant and they are building these and shipping them out. Clearly if they had a legion of them, they would ship them out all at once. Since they do not, it can be understood that they are being actively built and shipped out, exactly as how you see the moas be shipped out from their manufacturing plants on the various corpus ship tilesets.

12 minutes ago, Neo_182 said:

We haven't even gotten to try it yet and there's complaints. 
giphy.gif

they showed the boss fight, we can see how it plays out. Why can't we feedback that? urm derp

anyways, i think it should limited to 3 rather than 5. Don't want long boss fights.

Edited by Husla

To be fair after watching the stream all I saw boss match that was basically a new bursa with a defence element stuck on to it that needed to be repeated 6 times just to drag it out....nothing like sapping the enjoyment out of a level by making it excessively long winded and repetitive...

Now don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the new boss and lets be honest the existing one is a joke but the repeat 6 times per try will make it get annoying very quickly and will basically be stuck in the 'only do when absolutely necessary' pile of levels of map levels.

Edited by LSG501

31 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be fair after watching the stream all I saw boss match that was basically a new bursa with a defence element stuck on to it that needed to be repeated 6 times just to drag it out....nothing like sapping the enjoyment out of a level by making it excessively long winded and repetitive...

Now don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the new boss and lets be honest the existing one is a joke but the repeat 6 times per try will make it get annoying very quickly and will basically be stuck in the 'only do when absolutely necessary' pile of levels of map levels.

I think the next boss fight they make should be like the Dragon God from Demons's Souls.

A giant robot that can kill you in one hit, but there are plenty of places to hide.

You need to sabotage the area around it, like make a crane fall on it, or cause an avalanch,

then while it's pinned attempt to destroy it from the inside, by breaking an opening in a heat vent,

but only up to two members can get inside.

While in the vent you're taking constant heat damage.

Then when inside there are swarms of little robots that repair it as it gets damaged, so you need to destroy them all,

then you need to start breaking stuff, but everything you break causes the robot to do different things against the guys outside it.

Would take a while, but at least each part of the fight is different.

20 hours ago, LSG501 said:

the repeat 6 times per try will make it get annoying very quickly

^ This. The (new) Raptor requires us to do the same thing 3 times, why should Ambulas require double the amount? 3 would be fine for that, too.

About it being illogical, I don't care really much, as long as it's fun (at least it should be fun enough to not feel like a grind when we'll obviously need to do it an absurd number of times for the event... I know it's almost impossible, but I still hope).

Basically it just looks like a dragged out boss fight.Since theres no invurnerability phase (thank god) instead we have to beat the boss,hack it,then defend it and repeat 6 times all while getting shot at by enemies and getting bombarded by orbital strikes

.Not to mention there is an actual fail state so you can lose the mission without even dying.Great way to just drag out the fight for no reason.

This is gonna be a freaking nightmare in sortie assasinations