Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone still interested in Relics/Primes tool?

Ditto132

Question

I was wondering if I should update the old FissureTool, remake a new tool(with new name) or don't bother.

Screenshot of how the old FissureTool looked like (if you have not used it before)

ZdQmpKh.png

I would like to hear about player perspective regarding this, especially those who farm relics/primes frequently.

And if I were to update/make it.

• What functionality would help?
  • What is useful?
  • Issues?
  • Anyone interested/support it?
  • Remake to support browsers other than Chrome?
  • People ok with permissions(such as Javascript and cookies) for new version?
  • New names?

Thanks for all the advices, supports, encouragement and feedback.
Special thanks to @main_antagonist on the old FissureTool.

10 answers to this question

I haven't used it, but it seems pretty good. Would be useful if you could search for a part and see what relics drop them maybe?

I personally wouldn't use it just because I don't farm prime parts. I only use Chrome but I suppose there would be interest in other browsers as well. The name is fine btw.

Anyway, good luck, might be useful for some people, but not all.

Adding custom data entries would be the way to go if possible! 

Put it in a folder with a file which ever works for you exel, txt, etc that people can edit the contents to save you the hastle of updating it as frequently :)

Until major changes to the relic system are made you wouldn't have to make any updates, people who use the tool could then upload their own data tables from file hosting websites to share with each other so we can import the updated contents. Saving you time so you can spend more time playing with the rest of us :D

@RedShiftZero would probably have some feedback, I know he makes a few data tables himself.

EDIT: They've added a feature to the relic system that shows you how many you have on the rewards screen now, some people who used the tool in the past might still like the fact you have it implemented. However it's not needed to show how many you have in your inventory now that it tells you upon reward, which gives you more room on the user interface of your tool if you remove that section.

Edited by main_antagonist

18 hours ago, CouncilCat said:

I would like to see this.

You still can try and play around with the old version and give feedback/suggestions if you want.

17 hours ago, GhostRipperNL said:

I haven't used it, but it seems pretty good. Would be useful if you could search for a part and see what relics drop them maybe?

I personally wouldn't use it just because I don't farm prime parts. I only use Chrome but I suppose there would be interest in other browsers as well. The name is fine btw.

Anyway, good luck, might be useful for some people, but not all.

The old FissureTool was a small part of my own personal tool, that I used to search for parts, relics and performing some analysis.
I stopped updating it since I don't farm prime parts as much compared to the old void, the changes DE made that are not completely in patch notes and the wiki is not as reliable and as updated. There are few times that I got to go to the relay to verify the ducat values after certain update.
I even asked @main_antagonist to help verify using his prime parts that I didn't own. Really appreciated it.

11 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

Adding custom data entries would be the way to go if possible! 

Put it in a folder with a file which ever works for you exel, txt, etc that people can edit the contents to save you the hastle of updating it as frequently :)

Until major changes to the relic system are made you wouldn't have to make any updates, people who use the tool could then upload their own data tables from file hosting websites to share with each other so we can import the updated contents. Saving you time so you can spend more time playing with the rest of us :D

@RedShiftZero would probably have some feedback, I know he makes a few data tables himself.

I did considered and tried implement it, but the system very large and complex compared to the wiki, can be bugged at times.
The implementation are complicated as certain functionality is limited by permission and browser compatibility.
For example, the inventory editing doesn't work on Firefox due to some new functionality I used.

Here is a screenshot of the old personal system that I used:
wFZ75d1.png

Regarding the updating of data, there are issues of corruption and verification, future proofing the data format.
Also the implementation of export/import data, uploading/downloading system requires a lot more effort and time, and it is comparable to some commerical version.
There is also the designing and implementing of the User Interface(UI), and feedbacks such as the inventory note you suggested is useful and remove certain concerns and speed up the development.

11 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

EDIT: They've added a feature to the relic system that shows you how many you have on the rewards screen now, some people who used the tool in the past might still like the fact you have it implemented. However it's not needed to show how many you have in your inventory now that it tells you upon reward, which gives you more room on the user interface of your tool if you remove that section.

This is also one of the reasons that players would not need the tool anymore, even though it still doesn't show the ducat values.
That section can be hidden by unchecking the "use inventory" checkbox, in the old version.
Also that why this thread to ask people who used it previously and would want to still use it and probably with some additions that they feel would help.

10 hours ago, ashrah said:

sure its very handy...that sould be implemented as part of game really in u ship u have panel with all  info...something like desk in final fantasy 8..

The more I improved the tool, the more I feel that I have done more than DE, but not being paid for the time and effort.
Regarding the "desk in final fantasy 8", I didn't play any final fantasy before, any pictures or videos to bring the idea across?

4 hours ago, Ditto132 said:

You still can try and play around with the old version and give feedback/suggestions if you want.

The old FissureTool was a small part of my own personal tool, that I used to search for parts, relics and performing some analysis.
I stopped updating it since I don't farm prime parts as much compared to the old void, the changes DE made that are not completely in patch notes and the wiki is not as reliable and as updated. There are few times that I got to go to the relay to verify the ducat values after certain update.
I even asked @main_antagonist to help verify using his prime parts that I didn't own. Really appreciated it.

I did considered and tried implement it, but the system very large and complex compared to the wiki, can be bugged at times.
The implementation are complicated as certain functionality is limited by permission and browser compatibility.
For example, the inventory editing doesn't work on Firefox due to some new functionality I used.

Here is a screenshot of the old personal system that I used:
wFZ75d1.png

Regarding the updating of data, there are issues of corruption and verification, future proofing the data format.
Also the implementation of export/import data, uploading/downloading system requires a lot more effort and time, and it is comparable to some commerical version.
There is also the designing and implementing of the User Interface(UI), and feedbacks such as the inventory note you suggested is useful and remove certain concerns and speed up the development.

This is also one of the reasons that players would not need the tool anymore, even though it still doesn't show the ducat values.
That section can be hidden by unchecking the "use inventory" checkbox, in the old version.
Also that why this thread to ask people who used it previously and would want to still use it and probably with some additions that they feel would help.

The more I improved the tool, the more I feel that I have done more than DE, but not being paid for the time and effort.
Regarding the "desk in final fantasy 8", I didn't play any final fantasy before, any pictures or videos to bring the idea across?

i know that is lot of work...u did really nice job with this tool.and desk is something similar like we have in ship...but u have some kind of wiki where u have lot info about stuff..that is more job for devs cz that would take u lot time...maybe u should contact DE and show him  tool u made...

19 hours ago, ashrah said:

i know that is lot of work...u did really nice job with this tool.and desk is something similar like we have in ship...but u have some kind of wiki where u have lot info about stuff..that is more job for devs cz that would take u lot time...maybe u should contact DE and show him  tool u made...

Thanks, it is best that it is implemented in game for better experience and less hassle.
The UI, data input and verification and testing took up lot of time.

19 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

Thanks, but I don't think it would help, especially there are other stuffs and TennoCon.