Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Would Like for Us to Have a Corpus Raid?

(PSN)Crixus044

Hi Tenno,

Most vets have a certain saying about warframe "All geared up with no where to go." Endurance runners usually have to go hours on end to get to the challenge they want to for their maxed out gear, and those not interested in going that long in a mission, look for sorties for a high level mission, but seem to come short for challenge and only is available for rewards once per day. Second on list is raids. Raids in games usually are the endgame levels players look for, but warframe is different in that it doesn't seem to have a set endgame. Proof of this is how raids use to be considered fairly difficult, but now, it is considered a mid-high tier level enemy wise and only real difficulty lies within the puzzles and mechanics of the raid, thus making most raids essentially a race to the finish. not even interested at all in the enemies.

What would you guys say to a raid that actually was a REAL raid? We have a grineer raid, a nightmare version of that raid, and an infested raid. How about a Corpus Raid? The Corpus really don't have much story content in the game about them. Most quests deal with grineer or infested. How about we get a raid made for those that are interested in taking their gear to the next level. We need bosses not designed for with the average player in mind, but for the veteran players. Something for players to work towards, something to actually require us to use our best guns. Not something that anybody can do. What do you guys say?

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

Raids are honestly a very good part of the game gameplay-wise, as they provide challenges that require teamwork and coordination rather than just BIG GUN KAPOW, but the biggest problem I see with them is that their rewards aren't worth the effort. There are some good arcanes yes, but many aren't really worth thinking about, and a great deal of players aren't going to want to bother with trading their arcanes for better arcanes with players; they want to play missions with consistently good rewards that don't require extra effort to actually get something out of. 

I think Raids need to get better rewards, not just Arcanes but something unique to them that is worthwhile for any level of player. The devs don't want to work on Raids because nobody plays them on principle; if they just added a harder Corpus Raid, then most people still wouldn't play it because the main reward is an Arcane that they probably won't care about, even endurance runners want to get actual rewards out of their runs. 

Overall I'm all for a Corpus Raid, and I also think that Raids should feature as much teamwork based challenge as possible (if that means buffing the pre-existing raids then I'm all for it), but the biggest problem is definitely that we aren't being rewarded for what is possibly the best set of challenges in the game.

31 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Raids are honestly a very good part of the game gameplay-wise, as they provide challenges that require teamwork and coordination rather than just BIG GUN KAPOW, but the biggest problem I see with them is that their rewards aren't worth the effort. There are some good arcanes yes, but many aren't really worth thinking about, and a great deal of players aren't going to want to bother with trading their arcanes for better arcanes with players; they want to play missions with consistently good rewards that don't require extra effort to actually get something out of. 

I think Raids need to get better rewards, not just Arcanes but something unique to them that is worthwhile for any level of player. The devs don't want to work on Raids because nobody plays them on principle; if they just added a harder Corpus Raid, then most people still wouldn't play it because the main reward is an Arcane that they probably won't care about, even endurance runners want to get actual rewards out of their runs. 

Overall I'm all for a Corpus Raid, and I also think that Raids should feature as much teamwork based challenge as possible (if that means buffing the pre-existing raids then I'm all for it), but the biggest problem is definitely that we aren't being rewarded for what is possibly the best set of challenges in the game.

I agree that rewards should be made more worth while. A raid exclusive weapon would be nice, maybe a raid with a hidden quest

5 minutes ago, ShardYT said:

yeh we need more raids but also better rewards

Yes seems this is a common idea, that raids are great, but the rewards in warframe's raids are mediocre. I like the rare crates you can get, as well as the credits, but arcanes really aren't that big of a reward, especially when you need 10 of the same. That's why people speed run it.

I made a post a while back for a corpus raid, but i guess this community is too caught up in the weapons balance phase to know that we need stuff to do, not the prettiest things to do it with

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

There was a Corpus raid in the works, then DE looked at the metrics. 

Less than 2% of the player base played raids between August and September last year. 

Which is why DE doesn't talk about the corpus raid on the devstream anymore, it's probably sitting at the very bottom of the WIP, not to be touched for years.

If DE ever does decide to make a corpus themed raid, I'd bet my money that Nef Anyo will be significantly involved.

However now regarding towards the problem with the raid rewards not being "enough," I feel like the development team could learn a lot from destiny in terms of raid rewards. Think about it, in Destiny raids gave out weapons, armors, and accessories only exclusive to each individual raid. Not only that, but more than half of the player base took part in them due to how fun and challenging they were. So if DE were to make a new raid, I hope it'll be like Destiny in terms of loot and mechanics. Also if they REALLY wanna get people to play the raids, perhaps a warframe you can only get from the raid? Thats just my opinion though.

Edited by (PS4)ShogunBlader
Bad Grammar

1. DE said no raids for a while.

2. Jordas raid is still a buggy pos.

3. Time to time LoR breaks down as well with new updates.

4. Raids is all about how much cc can you bring and then go to sleep.

They tried to fix that with Jordas raid with the antiserum injectors and the 3 panel hacking, But it's still a boring raid.

Due to the amount of power, cc and cheese wf has ,a proper raid will never be seen w/o huge changes on how the game works in the very base.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:33 AM, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

There was a Corpus raid in the works, then DE looked at the metrics. 

Less than 2% of the player base played raids between August and September last year. 

Which is why DE doesn't talk about the corpus raid on the devstream anymore, it's probably sitting at the very bottom of the WIP, not to be touched for years.

That's only because of two reasons.

A. Raids are NEVER the most common thing to do in game. Looking at raids by how much they are played is an incorrect and irrelevant statistic. A raid is not something you constantly grind for everyday. It is suppose to be an endgame mission that a bunch of players must prepare for. It is suppose to be the hardest thing to do in game. You're not ALWAYS going to be doing a raid in any game.

B. The rewards do not justify the raid and time it takes to coordinate a raid. Better rewards like raid exclusive weapons would justify the raid itself. 

On 4/14/2017 at 2:03 PM, (PS4)ShogunBlader said:

If DE ever does decide to make a corpus themed raid, I'd bet my money that Nef Anyo will be significantly involved.

However now regarding towards the problem with the raid rewards not being "enough," I feel like the development team could learn a lot from destiny in terms of raid rewards. Think about it, in Destiny raids gave out weapons, armors, and accessories only exclusive to each individual raid. Not only that, but more than half of the player base took part in them due to how fun and challenging they were. So if DE were to make a new raid, I hope it'll be like Destiny in terms of loot and mechanics. Also if they REALLY wanna get people to play the raids, perhaps a warframe you can only get from the raid? Thats just my opinion though.

EXACTLY. You hit the money bag my friend. I'm gonna show you a link of a corpus raid design i came up with a long time ago. Is this the kind of raid you're are looking for?

On 4/14/2017 at 2:40 PM, SharkPot said:

1. DE said no raids for a while.

2. Jordas raid is still a buggy pos.

3. Time to time LoR breaks down as well with new updates.

4. Raids is all about how much cc can you bring and then go to sleep.

They tried to fix that with Jordas raid with the antiserum injectors and the 3 panel hacking, But it's still a boring raid.

Due to the amount of power, cc and cheese wf has ,a proper raid will never be seen w/o huge changes on how the game works in the very base.

You said it yourself. We need a proper raid, with big bosses, damage phases and defense zones, not a race to the finish, cc nuking everything in a modified version of a regular mission.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

DE said that the current Raids did not return the investement, so they did them at a loss. Considering that people hate the Corpus the most because of the nullies and combas, the'll stay even farther away from a Corpus Raid than they already do from the Grinner and Infested ones. 

Edited by aligatorno

I do want more raids but not the Warframe version. No more boring and tedious puzzles. Just pure hardcore combat raids and teamwork to take out the bosses. Not teamwork for stepping on pads and opening doors. 

As well as better and more meaningful reward. We can play this game just fine without arcanes anyway. 

As what (PS4)ShogunBlader said, Destiny raids are freaking fun. Still love Vault of Glass. Hope DE learns what actually makes a raid fun. 

Edited by GKDK

Maybe also make a quest that introduces players to raids? Idk, it's one of the many things in Warframe you need to search to know what it is, or that it even exists at all

I also agree with the others. Lots of arcanes suck, there are only a few that people actually want. Although what makes it really hard to get people into raids is, again, people aren't knowledgeable, and there aren't that many people willing to teach. Some are also picky. You wanna get into JV? Too bad, we only take people who know what to do; go on Warframe Schoolbus. You wanna join LoR/LoR NM? Too bad, I've checked your stats and you haven't run it enough.

3 hours ago, GKDK said:

I do want more raids but not the Warframe version. No more boring and tedious puzzles. Just pure hardcore combat raids and teamwork to take out the bosses. Not teamwork for stepping on pads and opening doors. 

As well as better and more meaningful reward. We can play this game just fine without arcanes anyway. 

As what (PS4)ShogunBlader said, Destiny raids are freaking fun. Still love Vault of Glass. Hope DE learns what actually makes a raid fun. 

Agreed. Destiny raids are so successful because they are EXTREMELY rewarding, have a nice difficulty, and have all the essential elements of a raid, which are tanky bosses, team coordination (this does not mean puzzles), and a good story behind them. Warframe has only one of the essential parts down, which is the lore. The bosses are not tanky enough and the team coordination is very elementary. The rewards are very mehhh, and the difficulty is so easy to bypass with cc spam. Something like raid exclusive armor pieces, weapons, and maybe guaranteed riven drops would help with this. Something like the link I put in the response above would be more towards what we need