Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is considered as a good/godly riven mod? I don't understand.

ThroneOfHearts

Question

14 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, ThroneOfHearts said:

i have got a Pox Visi-puramag mod is that considered a good riven mod ?

depends on the weapon and the stats.

for a meta riven anything with +damage +multishot. if its a good crit weapon anything with damage/multishot and crit and crit damage.

it all depends on the weapon tbh.

Let's look at say snipers like Vulkar, Vectis, Rubico. A god riven for them would be +crit damage, +crit chance, +damge or multishot, and a -status chance/duration or -zoom.

God rivens are rivens that buff the main stats of a weapon while having a negative that doesn't impact the weapon's performance.

Funny enough, I have a "god" riven for my Daikyu which is +damage, +crit chance, +cri damage, -status duration. It's not a crit weapon but with this it became so technicaly it is a god riven and it certainly made Daikyu a godlike bow for me.

Edited by Acersecomic

1 minute ago, Acersecomic said:

Let's look at say snipers like Vulkar, Vectis, Rubico. A god riven for them would be +crit damage, +crit chance, +damge or multishot, and a -status chance/duration or -zoom.

God rivens are rivens that buff the main stats of a weapon while having a negative that doesn't impact the weapon's performance.

or a negative that deffinatively helps said weapon. like -recoil on the gorgon. or -zoom on the seer

The terms "godly" or "godlike" get thrown around so much with Rivens nowadays that it really doesn't matter for most weapons.  If it buffs the stats you want buffed and rolls back the stats you don't want to have a lot of, that's usually good enough.

5 hours ago, ashrah said:

riven without any negatives and stats over 150 for me.. would be good riven...

Not necessarily, when a Rivens has a negative stat the stats of the positive attributes are higher. So to get the "best" Rivens you get something with two positives that are extra high and a negative that is irrelevant (like - mag size on a bow or +recoil on a beam weapon). 

3 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Not necessarily, when a Rivens has a negative stat the stats of the positive attributes are higher. So to get the "best" Rivens you get something with two positives that are extra high and a negative that is irrelevant (like - mag size on a bow or +recoil on a beam weapon). 

saw one with 420dmg bonus....

For majority of weapons This and/or This is godly, depending on base stats of weapon.

333.png

Also depending on weapon both could have third usefull stat, for example

444.png

That's just in general, some weapons might need specific stats. Like for me on for example twin grakatas reload speed would be #1 most important.

Edited by ViS4GE

23 hours ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

or a negative that deffinatively helps said weapon. like -recoil on the gorgon. or -zoom on the seer

Hell, -zoom are good on absolutely everything. But -recoil is a positive stat, no? Or does the game count it as a negative just cuzz of minus.
Except -recoil on Lex and Aklex, I can't shoot with those two if they don't have huge recoil xD

Edited by Acersecomic

It's a sellers gimmick. It means just about nothing other than the seller thinks and/or wants you to think the stats are the best you can get.

The biggest reason it's rubbish is that many weapons have subjective ideal stats depending on the player's use of them.

Braton Prime is a good example of this. Someone who doesn't fight highly armored enemies might say a "god tier" Riven for Braton has +%multishot +%damage since Braton Primes optimal damage output is built as a crit weapon but another player might consider +%multishot +%status as ideal stats since Braton Prime is best suited as an armor shredding weapon with it's innately high status and Slash damage.

On 16/04/2017 at 4:15 PM, ViS4GE said:

For majority of weapons This and/or This is godly, depending on base stats of weapon.

333.png

Also depending on weapon both could have third usefull stat, for example

444.png

That's just in general, some weapons might need specific stats. Like for me on for example twin grakatas reload speed would be #1 most important.

ok now I envy you so much. Such good rivens with zoom as a negative. Did you roll or buy?

5 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

ok now I envy you so much. Such good rivens with zoom as a negative. Did you roll or buy?

You can usually look at the combined rerolls and judge for yourself.

It's also a good way to spot a market farmer since most have migrated to Rivens these days. I can't blame them either. It's easy pickings.