Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fight Macro Spamming

(PSN)Crixus044

Since the only problem people seem to have is macros can spam slide attack faster, how about we just add slide attack into the game as a single hotkey? This way everyone has access to the same speed, and the game can be balanced around that.

On 4/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, CeePee said:

Since the only problem people seem to have is macros can spam slide attack faster, how about we just add slide attack into the game as a single hotkey? This way everyone has access to the same speed, and the game can be balanced around that.

What you are asking for is a classic example of power creep. Yes it balances out everyone's power, but I cannot accept this solution for two reasons.

First. my gripe is not with slide attacks within human range as much as how it is abused with the use of macros and turbos. Yes slide spam is arguably the most powerful type of melee play in the game, and yes it is also quite boring to use, I agree with this. I'm not trying to ruin this style or make this a nerf thread in the name of almighty "balance", a term overused within the forums. This tactic though is not helpful to the game. A game cannot be balanced around modified playstyles. It would be like balancing Call of Duty by giving everybody aim-bot just because some guy has an aimbot software on his game.

Second, the problem is not balance, but exploit. What you're suggesting is basically a buff to all melee weapons, something that at this point, melee does NOT need. With Shadow Debt Mods, a melee setup WILL deal the most amount of dps of any weapon in game. This is a fact and if you want more details, I can provide them privately. Power Creep has already moved up the generally accepted idea of high levels. It all comes from balance attempts that go the wrong way, without compromise.

I like the idea and it's a simple and clever fix, but it will not work. I wish it was that easy. Good idea nonetheless 

On 24/04/2017 at 3:26 AM, Noble_One said:

ok question... how do people know people are using macros?

Well, when a guy is non-stop spamming 1 melee attack into a wall in Akkad for 20 rounds you kind of just... get this feeling...

Edited by Carnage2K4

A speed limit... No thanks. All that's gonna do is punish those of us who can move fast without* the need of a macro, while those who must be lazy will just find new ways to be lazy. Kind of tired of "fixes" and "nerfs" and "changes" that screw the game over because theres a section of the community that abuse everything.

It'd be nice if such things were just removed entirely so if people use them, they get punished - instead of everyone else in an effort to control it.

Edited by Zanchak
Because spelling at 3am

1 hour ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

You can't tell if it's player-skill, hardware, or software.

So your retort to my statement is to make some sort of tarded proposition that spammers will set up elaborate air compressor systems to blow their Logitech mouse wheels that are bound to melee?

... wait, wait.. in order to get around using basically untraceable macros (because they are using Logitech software) that no one is searching for and that they can't be banned for?...

That's what you're going with?

I'll let friar William know whats up when I head back to the 13th century...

I'll let the "player-skill" part go...

Edited by Carnage2K4

On 19/4/2017 at 5:24 AM, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Absolutely not. I don't know where you got this notion, but let me correct it. Pressing slide attack repetitively is not the issue, the speed of it going to an inhuman rate is what i have an issue with 

I played around with trying to set up a slide attack macro, honestly found it quicker doing it by hand than with the macro.  Have one that I only use if doing a endless mission and need to go to the dunny quickly and sont want to get hit with afk.

3 hours ago, Robj414 said:

I played around with trying to set up a slide attack macro, honestly found it quicker doing it by hand than with the macro.  Have one that I only use if doing a endless mission and need to go to the dunny quickly and sont want to get hit with afk.

Just a few examples of this. Yes it's with the Telos Boltace Pre-nerf, but the idea and functioning mechanics are relevant.

Probably an unpopular opinion but slide attack spam is lazy. You basically ignore melee 2.0 and just spam charge attack 2.0.

Throw in melee weapons with huge range and some multipliers and spam one or three buttons to pilot your meatgrinder.

Add in a mod that costs way too much plat and boosts such a gameplay style you'll get drowned in complains if you ever dare too touch that topic.

Instead we get nerfs and new overpowered meatgrinders every now and then.

15 minutes ago, Helljack84 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but slide attack spam is lazy. You basically ignore melee 2.0 and just spam charge attack 2.0.

Throw in melee weapons with huge range and some multipliers and spam one or three buttons to pilot your meatgrinder.

Add in a mod that costs way too much plat and boosts such a gameplay style you'll get drowned in complains if you ever dare too touch that topic.

Instead we get nerfs and new overpowered meatgrinders every now and then.

Even though I agree with the idea of your post, I am not suggesting a change for something like that in this thread. I have played this game 3 years solely on it's melee aspect. I love it to death. With all this, I still believe changes to melee is needed, but like you and topics like this, it is treated as heresy. You hit the head on the idea of meatgrinders being nerfed until the next one pops up though. First, it was orthos prime, then it was Telos Boltace, then Atterax. The fact that I and some other players were using these weapons way back in the day before these became mainstream is a different story, but you're right, slide spam will always have a weapon that stands out and like the nail that stands out, it will eventually get hammered.

On to the topic's discussion. Macro spamming is the laziest of this type of playstyle. I find the concept interesting, but the result is a lackluster spam. Taking it further by bypassing that whole spam aspect and holding down a button, playing at the absolute maximum of the game, surpassing player capabilities,  is unacceptable.

9 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

So your retort to my statement is to make some sort of tarded proposition that spammers will set up elaborate air compressor systems to blow their Logitech mouse wheels that are bound to melee?

... wait, wait.. in order to get around using basically untraceable macros (because they are using Logitech software) that no one is searching for and that they can't be banned for?...

That's what you're going with?

I'll let friar William know whats up when I head back to the 13th century...

I'll let the "player-skill" part go...

You don't need an air compressor to make the mouse shoot the akkad 20 times per sec. But it's certainly easier to use a mouse wheel than clicking. Also, your straw man fallacies, they're tarded [you really thought videos were a retort? top kek lel]

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord

Ummm have you people ever played any sort of fast combo based pvp game like SF or Elsword?? You will be surprised to know how fast people can combo over 20 hit combo and here you are trying to make logic that everyone is using macros if they are faster than you. If it can be macro'd means that a person can do better than a pre written script.

Also the reason Telos Boltace was nerfed not because of fast slide attacks, It was because of it's annoying vfx and extremely high damage from slash procs.

3 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

Ummm have you people ever played any sort of fast combo based pvp game like SF or Elsword?? You will be surprised to know how fast people can combo over 20 hit combo and here you are trying to make logic that everyone is using macros if they are faster than you. If it can be macro'd means that a person can do better than a pre written script.

Also the reason Telos Boltace was nerfed not because of fast slide attacks, It was because of it's annoying vfx and extremely high damage from slash procs.

Bad example as most of those fighting games give multiple hits per action and yes there are people who use modded controllers that have one button combos that can and will beat any human because we don't have a 0.01 second reaction time.

There is a reason why you can't use anything but tournament assigned gear in professional tournaments, too easy to cheat.

5 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

You don't need an air compressor to make the mouse shoot the akkad 20 times per sec. But it's certainly easier to use a mouse wheel than clicking. Also, your straw man fallacies, they're tarded [you really thought videos were a retort? top kek lel]

It was retort... nothing straw man about it, I questioned your apparent reasoning asking if that was correct, I also didn't bother to 'knock down' said reasoning given how ridiculous it was so my comment is missing the main parts of a straw man.

And it still stands anyway, why would some bother to just spin their mouse wheel when there is an easier manner given the ease to which Logitech macros can be applied... Frankly the assumption someone would go to such lengths just to attack a defenceless wall for 20 waves is more ridiculous than them just using a macro that is not against any rules... Again... Refer to the law of parsimony sweetheart, but nice try.

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

It was retort... nothing straw man about it, I questioned your apparent reasoning asking if that was correct, I also didn't bother to 'knock down' said reasoning given how ridiculous it was so my comment is missing the main parts of a straw man.

And it still stands anyway, why would some bother to just spin their mouse wheel when there is an easier manner given the ease to which Logitech macros can be applied... Frankly the assumption someone would go to such lengths just to attack a defenceless wall for 20 waves is more ridiculous than them just using a macro that is not against any rules... Again... Refer to the law of parsimony sweetheart, but nice try.

My main argument was that you couldn't tell if it was player skill, software or hardware. Your next post in response had nothing to do with the sort. Thus it was a straw man. As for the law of parsimony you're clearly breaking it [assuming my main argument, and assuming a video with neutral content as a retort]. Your questions were written and aligned in a way that assumes you knew what the argument was, and tried to ridicule it.

The scope of this thread is about macros, not necessarily what they are used to do (attacking a wall for 20 waves).

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord