The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry "BUILD QUANTITY" Addition,...please?!

(PSN)BadAndy1223

Well, I love the foundry, but 1 thing that bugs me is that I can't build multiples of certain items. You know those consumables (CIPHERS, RESTORES etc.) that you keep going back to rebuild. instead can DE possibly look at a QUANTITY option for those consumables. Here's the ideas:

SQUAD ENERGY RESTORE (MEDIUM)

COST: 600 FERRITE, 150 ALLOY PLATE, 4K CREDITS @ 1 minute

So add an option that ask how many to build. Of course you multiply everything by the quantity requested, to include the time. And before finalizing the build the operator is prompted (I wish to build 5 squad energy restores here): REQUESTED TO BUILD QTY: 5 OF SQUAD ENERGY RESTORE (MEDIUM). THIS WILL COST 750 ALLOY PLATE, 3K FERRITE, 20K CREDITS. IT WILL TAKE 5 MINUTES FOR THIS OPERATION TO COMPLETE. THIS OPERATION CAN NOT BE CANCELLED. DO YOU WISH TO BUILD? 

Now, you can implement a convenience fee if needed. Maybe doubling the time, or charging 1.1 times the credit amount.

Just throwing this out there, chime in with your thoughts. Thanks 

That would result in too much fun being had entirely too soon! :laugh:

(in all honesty, I'd love to be able to just queue-up several builds in a row -- even if they have to happen back to back, I'd love to say "build 10 forma" and just have it spit out a new forma every day for 10 days)

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

DE has said "no" to requests for build quantity more than once in the past.

Why though? What's so important about keeping an inconvenient feature like staring at a build project for a solid minute just to queue up again one at a time for 10 times? If it's for balance reasons, I don't see any balance behind not allowing to building multiples of a derelict key or forma.

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why though? What's so important about keeping an inconvenient feature like staring at a build project for a solid minute just to queue up again one at a time for 10 times? If it's for balance reasons, I don't see any balance behind not allowing to building multiples of a derelict key or forma.

If I were being honest.

It's probably nothing more than to promote pushing rushes for plat.

Just now, Pizzarugi said:

Usually the people who want it are wanting it more for reasons that @(Xbox One)CannyJack wants it for: to build 24 hour build time items without having user intervention, and DE has said no to that kind of thing repeatedly.

And its a player retention tactic.
After all, if a player has to log in once a day to collect what they were building and build the next one that means the player is thinking about the game.  Further there is a really high chance that a player who logs in to collect a forma and build the next one will go "Well, I'm already in game, so why not play a few missions/alerts...."
If players could just queue up 10 forma and not have to log in for 10 days that drastically increases the chance that they just wont come back to the game and will just forget about it for a while.  Which is not good for F2P games.
Its why so many games have daily resets and 24 hour timers and stuff.  It actually helps with keeping players returning and thinking about the game.

I don't see a reason not to add queuing for items that take 1 minute to build only, but depending on how the foundry is coded it may not be easily possible to drop it in for only one class of item and not allow people to queue up multiple forma/potatoes/whatever-else.  It's not likely that DE will ever implement queuing of forma/potatoes because again it would actually hurt their player retention.

Goes against the Free to play concept and the sugestion ends up acting against the returning player strategy.

If you don't know, Warframe has several tactics for you to return to the game over and over, having to start something in the foundry is one of them.

not being able to do anything longer than Pizzas is totally understandable...but freaking pizzas are 60 SECONDS per set of 10....let us queue up to x10 of those...lord knows i wouldnt have to build any more for a few weeks after that...for just 10 minutes of waiting.

Edited by Kalvorax