Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenith feedback

S.Faiz

54 minutes ago, Weidro said:

buffing it a lot would result in lots of complains from newer players

Azima is a half-decent sidearm, especially being a 100-day item.

Zenistar is a good melee weapon with lots of utility.

Zenith is a glorified piece of mastery fodder. It's utterly lackluster both damage-wise and utility-wise. If they wanted to make secondary fire a wall-ignoring railgun they should've just given it an x-ray scope. 

22 minutes ago, Chantepleur said:

Sorry but I really don't understand...

This is not a time-limited event weapon. anyone who play 500 days will get a Zenith.

Are there any reasons for newer players go mad? it's nothing but an excuse I think.

And sure it is slightly better than some mere mastery fodders, even 'as a free gun'.

but I don't think Zenith as a free extra.

It can be a motivation for play Warframe, and the basic concept of login rewards are the motivations thing, right?

It's not a guilty in a game that giving a prominent gun to loyal users.

mad might be the wrong word
more fitting would be demotivating or sad or even upset
if the Zenith gets buffed to much making it a really good weapon new players will have to wait nearly 1.5 years to get it
that isn't exactly something id call motivating
instead its more frustrating and would make them feel even worse if they miss a login just once (for whatever reason)

6 minutes ago, Weidro said:

mad might be the wrong word
more fitting would be demotivating or sad or even upset
if the Zenith gets buffed to much making it a really good weapon new players will have to wait nearly 1.5 years to get it
that isn't exactly something id call motivating
instead its more frustrating and would make them feel even worse if they miss a login just once (for whatever reason)

Nobody sayid It needs to be the next Telos Boltace. It just needs some buff to even make it worthy to pick up. You talk about new players but what about old timers? They get frustrated if they get garbage for they efforts but I bet nobody cares about that. Daily Tribute system was made so they can reward returning players. I can't see why do you complain when the primary fire is weaker than a Braton Prime and the secondary can't compete even against snipers...so what?

12 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

Nobody sayid It needs to be the next Telos Boltace. It just needs some buff to even make it worthy to pick up. You talk about new players but what about old timers? They get frustrated if they get garbage for they efforts but I bet nobody cares about that. Daily Tribute system was made so they can reward returning players. I can't see why do you complain when the primary fire is weaker than a Braton Prime and the secondary can't compete even against snipers...so what?

Telos Boltace is and was always crap considering its unique feature doesn't scale like all other melee weapons
I'm playing for nearly 4.5 years now and i guess that makes me and "old timer" but let me tell u this i wasn't frustrated at all
instead i liked the new feature and i still think its an interesting mechanic that might be useful considering that till enemy level 250 it doesn't matter at all which weapon you use

and the reason why its weaker than the braton or weaker than a sniper is pretty simple
it is no assault rifle and it is no sniper
having the possibility to see through walls is incredible powerful and one way to create a trade off is by reducing the damage slightly
yet alone the possibility to change the fire mode requests a balance in one way or the other

id recommend you to put a few forma on the Zenith
you will notice it is a decent weapons
and far from as bad as you are pretending it to be

still its a gun that isnt focused around the primary fire (non of the weapons are) its about the alt. why people keep using "its not as strong as a sniper" as an excuse is beyond me. it hits harder than anyother semi auto rifle (baring opticor) and it has half decent crit chance. as well as wall hax mode. if anything the disk should stick instead of bounce and if need be a slight buff to the ROF on alt fire.

21 minutes ago, Weidro said:

Telos Boltace is and was always crap considering its unique feature doesn't scale like all other melee weapons
I'm playing for nearly 4.5 years now and i guess that makes me and "old timer" but let me tell u this i wasn't frustrated at all
instead i liked the new feature and i still think its an interesting mechanic that might be useful considering that till enemy level 250 it doesn't matter at all which weapon you use

and the reason why its weaker than the braton or weaker than a sniper is pretty simple
having the possibility to see through walls is incredible powerful and one way to create a trade off is by reducing the damage slightly
yet alone the possibility to change the fire mode requests a balance in one way or the other

thank you Weidro for being a half sensible person. people now days only see things for pure damage or pure armor shred.

16 minutes ago, Weidro said:

Well than you are special. I played this game for 3 years and (2k+ ing horus) and It iches when they throw a garbage on me for 500 day.

I have a 4 forma Zenith and It's not even Sorti viable.

Ye Telos Boltace did not scale but at lest It could clear an extermination with lvl 100 mobs REALY fast. (not like i want it back tho.. It was anoying and boring.)

Seeing trough walls is not realy the strong on its own. The infinite punchtrough is.

It will need a realy good Riven or a nice buff to make it usefull.

Look Azima was okay ish for a 100 day log in. Zenistar is realy good and its 300 day log in, but for 1 y 4 month log in you get this?.. 

There is no way in hell anyone can prove me that It's okay..

2 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

thank you Weidro for being a half sensible person. people now days only see things for pure damage or pure armor shred.

Okay than let's hear what you gonna do with It. Obviously it's gonna get shelfed. Well some people want an actual useable weapon like the Zenistar... It's a great sin but bear with us..

Just now, Askell91 said:

Okay than let's hear what you gonna do with It. Obviously it's gonna get shelfed. Well some people want an actual useable weapon like the Zenistar... It's a great sin but bear with us..

actually i was thinking of replacing my latron W on my trinity with it. I litterly have a different weapon set on EVERY frame I have (all of them) i rotate them out daily if im not formaing them. Dont act like im one of those elitist A******s that can only play with CP and 3 guns.

Edited by Ordosan

11 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

Well than you are special. I played this game for 3 years and (2k+ ing horus) and It iches when they throw a garbage on me for 500 day.

I have a 4 forma Zenith and It's not even Sorti viable.

Ye Telos Boltace did not scale but at lest It could clear an extermination with lvl 100 mobs REALY fast. (not like i want it back tho.. It was anoying and boring.)

Seeing trough walls is not realy the strong on its own. The infinite punchtrough is.

It will need a realy good Riven or a nice buff to make it usefull.

Look Azima was okay ish for a 100 day log in. Zenistar is realy good and its 300 day log in, but for 1 y 4 month log in you get this?.. 

There is no way in hell anyone can prove me that It's okay..

2k hours isn't much but its decent
and i have absolutely no clue what you are doing wrong if you can't do the sorties with a 4 forma weapon
as i already said till level 250 it doesn't matter at all which weapon you use
if you think you need a riven just get yourself one

as you just said the punch through is really strong and I'm sure you agree that no one with a clear mind want a ridiculous over powered weapon
so having a slightly lower damage than a fricking sniper seems like a fair trade off to me

no offense but you act like the average meta warrior requesting a nuke-the-entire-map-in-one-shot gun and then realizing that there is self damage

16 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

actually i was thinking of replacing my latron W on my trinity with it. I litterly have a different weapon set on EVERY frame I have (all of them) i rotate them out daily if im not formaing them. Dont act like im one of those elitist A******s that can only play with CP and 3 guns.

Than we are the same. I want this for my Banshee setup. It could be realy versatile but It needs a small buff. For me at least.

16 minutes ago, Weidro said:

2k hours isn't much but its decent
and i have absolutely no clue what you are doing wrong if you can't do the sorties with a 4 forma weapon
as i already said till level 250 it doesn't matter at all which weapon you use
if you think you need a riven just get yourself one

as you just said the punch through is really strong and I'm sure you agree that no one with a clear mind want a ridiculous over powered weapon
so having a slightly lower damage than a fricking sniper seems like a fair trade off to me

no offense but you act like the average meta warrior requesting a nuke-the-entire-map-in-one-shot gun and then realizing that there is self damage

2000+ is not much.. realy? xD Well ok.

Okay than go against lvl 200 mobs with just a Braton. :')

I would like to get a riven for it but they are not available for Zenith atm.

The problem is you will get smashed with any sniper on high lvl runs. Especialy when you doesen't even have the dmg than most snipers. And how could It be over powered if you can see enemys only in 20 m radious around the disc.. don't try to make it look like sliced bread becous it is not.

Did I say it should get a 40% crit or what? Or get the base dmg to Opticor lvls?

10+ % crit on the primary fire (so 20)

and a little more firerate on the alt fire and less ammo compsuntion on it would do the job (5-> 3)

No offens but could you not act like the avarage good for nothing White Knight?

Edited by Askell91

5 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

2000+ is not much.. realy? xD Well ok.

Okay than go against lvl 200 mobs with just a Braton. :')

I would like to get a riven for it but they are not available for Zenith atm.

The problem is you will get smashed with any sniper on high lvl runs. Especialy when you doesen't even have the dmg than most snipers. And how could It be over powered if you can see enemys only in 20 m radious around the disc.. don't try to make it look like sliced bread becous it is not.

Did I say it should get a 40% crit or what? Or get the base dmg to Opticor lvls?

10+ % crit on the primary fire (so 20)

and a little more firerate on the alt fire and less ammo compsuntion on it would do the job (5-> 3)

No offens but could you not act like a good for nothing White Knight?

I do agree on the firerate...1 fire rate is insane (I get its spose to have a rail gun feel but...come on now. The disk dosnt last NEARLY long enough for that low of fire rate.). i think ammo consumption is fine though. its a 45 shot mag in semi-auto and its slower than latron so its not like its burning through ammo real fast.

Edited by Ordosan
deleted extra quote from a thought i forgot i thought.

3 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

I do agree on the firerate...1 fire rate is insane (I get its spose to have a rail gun feel but...come on now. The disk dosnt last NEARLY long enough for that low of fire rate.). i think ammo consumption is fine though. its a 45 shot mag in semi-auto and its slower than latron so its not like its burning through ammo real fast.

AND a timer for the disc! I would like that too. I would not like to only use the alt fire thats why I would like some reduction In ammo consumption and that 10%+ crit so it will be a little stronger than a watergun so at least it can get rid of weak mobs than switch to sniper to kill heavy gunners / bombards ect. I don't think these buffs would make it into a powercreep but could make it more usefull / useable.

Edited by Askell91

5 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

AND a timer for the disc! I would like that too. I would not like to only use the alt fire thats why I would like some reduction In ammo consumption and that 10%+ crit so it will be a little stronger than a watergun so at least it can get rid of weak mobs than switch to sniper to kill heavy gunners / bombards ect. I don't think these buffs would make it into a powercreep but could make it more usefull / useable.

ya. QOL on the disc would be fenominal....odd it dosnt come with it considering how crucial that disk timer is for shooting through walls.

8 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

ya. QOL on the disc would be fenominal....odd it dosnt come with it considering how crucial that disk timer is for shooting through walls.

They added timer to Zenistar later on too so I bet they forgot again.. Well most likely after they get more and more complains they will fix it. Thats how it works here >_>.

3 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

I can imagine quite a bit of scenarios where I can use it to great effect, even as it is now. For example, staying permanently behind cover and safety and killing everything around through walls. I cannot guarantee that if it's even better than this it won't get too OP.

I get it today. Any spots you want me to test if it works? (Wallhack wise, because I may not forma it until it gets buffed)

In general it sounds great to pick off enemies, which is something the snipers are meant to do. Problem is with so many enemies all over the place picking them off one at a time, while maybe fun in this case, is inefficient.

Also the damage probably doesn't scale too well against enemies that actually matter.

Unless you're using this solo and just for fun it doesn't seem worthwhile. And you're better off using a Braton or Soma Prime instead of the primary fire.

I just received it myself and I am VASTLY disappointed in it.

The 'full auto' stats are outpeformed by Braton Prime -not exactly a 'shining endorsement' of the stopping power.

The alternate fire is kinda useful, but we have no timer for how long the disk will stay out and its range isn't exactly stellar either -which I don't have that much of a problem with. The enforced semi-auto mode is halfway decent -low fire rate and infinite punchthrough balance each other out, but the damage is WAY low. It's the bane of Snipers in the game.

While I could see it as a decent fun weapon if bought from the Market (or researched), needing to wait damn near TWO YEARS to get it? Aw hell naw. Not even close to being in my loadout.

4 hours ago, Weidro said:

Ok I don't get this... okay you're saying it's its own weapon, and while it doesn't have its own category beyond maybe being a hybrid gun, it's a weapon nonetheless. One that has to compete with the many alternatives in this game.

Weapons serve 1 general purpose. Killing enemies and atm the stats seem of a much weaker hybrid of 1 a gun that can effectively take out enemies (Braton Prime) and 2 a gun type that struggles to find a place in the game in it's current state.

What's the point of seeing through walls and shooting at an enemies even let's say 200m away if the weapon can't even kill it before it gets to you?

Now if punchthrough made weapons ignore armor (as technically it pierces through the body, therefore the damage output should ignore armor, but oh well), then I'd give the weapon that at least.

Now maybe I'm being too harsh on it (I get it today), but honestly I don't see this catastrophic harm a few buffs (that don't even seem driven to make the it top tier might I add) to this weapon will cause.

If it remains in its current state I don't see players using it outside of maybe solo as public missions will likely lead to you struggling to keep up with your teammates (of course this depends highly on the frames, mission, tileset, levels and faction, but in most of the possibilities I don't see this having much use), I can imagine people using this will just be frustrated as they try to kill an enemy in the next room then having someone using an Ignis just going in there and wiping out everything.

Edited by Madway7

6 hours ago, Chantepleur said:

Don't want it to be a cheat gun but Zenith really deserves to get a buff I think.

Pretty much this. It doesn't have to be 'the ultimate' weapon (heck, I wouldn't want it to), but it should at least be capable of competing with Braton Prime.

I'm a casual player with about 4,400hrs on main account and about 16 days from Zenith.

I assumed the weapon was made to allow Banshee's Sonar to be more OP. 

Sonar highlighting Weakpoints and Zenith having the infinite Punch-through = Time Splitters 2 type synergy.

I suppose after I obtain the weapon, I'll be able to see what the fuss is all about.

3 hours ago, Ordosan said:

It's an 18 shot mag in alt fire mode. It's 5 ammo per shot atm.