Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenith feedback

S.Faiz

I'd be cool with it if they increased just its ammo pool to 4x normal. At +180% fire rate, it's really fun, but doesn't even last a single Sechura round. Did I mention fun? The kickback from so much fire rate really makes it feel like a hearty machine gun, but the bullets run out so, so quickly. D:

Prepare your minds, because I noticed a "freature" of the Zenith:

Spoiler

T2WEUOr.jpg

0 Damage, and it happens fairly often.

Seriously now:

DE, really: The Azima works because of the sheer amount of damage and Multishot mods secondaries have, the Zenith having the same stats as the Azima doesnt make it come ever close to Azima and the "gimmik" is just not good enough.

As I said in a previous thread, changing it to semi-auto is worse than the Stradavar because even that is timed and has slow fire rate.

We dont ask for a monster that destroys rooms, but something that is fun to use. The 30m Punch throught of the Alt-Fire sometimes doesnt work when it SHOULD (I'm aiming at walls), the range of the Wallhack is too short and the disk doesnt go far enough because if we want to fire at an enemy with a slow firing semi-auto we want the enemies to be at least 30m away, the disk doesnt go that far.

A suggestion I would make is that:

1) Get rid of the Wallhack, this is a horde shooter, 90% of the time you will have tons of enemies comming at you with no need to have a mechanic to be used for stealth.

2) The disk fires like Buzzlok's Beacon: straight line to where you aim: if it hits terrain or enemies it stops and if it doesnt it becomes wasted ammo like the Buzzlok's.

• When deployed the Disk will make an AoE that slows down enemies like a cold proc and makes so that they take... say: 50% more damage from the Zenith.
  • Otherwise makes it USE your magazine's ammo and the disk acts like Octavia's Mallet, but in a different: It will attack only the enemies that enter its zone with the strenght of the Mods, thus not wasting ammo like the Azima.
  • It will use the Semi-Auto fire.
  • You will be in Semi-auto mode for the Duration of the disk deployed. (I would like for us to be able to chose Semi or Auto, but we only have 1 Alt-Fire button...)

And really: the Automatic damage NEEDS a buff of some sorts... And the fire rate of the Semi-Auto need to be increased, for a semi-auto, it fires as slow as the RUBICO and has none of the horsekick.

This is a weapon we get with 500 days of login, its free. But it doesnt feel like a good reward for being a loyal player for 1 year and 4 months.

Edited by Kaotyke
changed a few things

Just got zenith and used it.

So many problems I will list later on.

For now, here is a fix to think on. Why not just keep the zenith as full auto, and when the disk is used, anything highlighted by the disk takes additional damage AND the zenith bullets gain massive amounts of punch through. All while keeping it at auto because semi auto makes the zenith a sniper, and it don't get any sniper bonus of buffs so that is worthless.

For a day 500 login it underwhelms so much it drops the incentive to get to the day 500 login other than mastery fodder.

Edited by kitsu

13 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Hide contents

And really: the Automatic damage NEEDS a buff of some sorts... And the fire rate of the Semi-Auto need to be increased, for a semi-auto, it fires as slow as the RUBICO and has none of the horsekick.

Actually it fires slower than all the snipers I believe since they have a base fire rate of 1.5.

Atm the wallhack is inconsistent as well. In Stofler managing to stay in the same area during a few waves, it would sometimes work and sometimes just do nothing unless I exploded it and sent out another.

At this point I'm losing hope in this weapon getting buffed. Either they're considering what they should do with it or it got pushed to the background.

I'm practically hoping for any changes to it outside of conclave related ones...

2 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Actually it fires slower than all the snipers I believe since they have a base fire rate of 1.5.

Atm the wallhack is inconsistent as well. In Stofler managing to stay in the same area during a few waves, it would sometimes work and sometimes just do nothing unless I exploded it and sent out another.

At this point I'm losing hope in this weapon getting buffed. Either they're considering what they should do with it or it got pushed to the background.

I'm practically hoping for any changes to it outside of conclave related ones...

Remember how long it took for Panthera, M.Quanta, Paracyst, and Miter buff?

Lets hope they dont take so long...

Zenith Changes:

• Increased Primary fire damage from 20 to 30.
  • Increased Status Chance of Primary fire from 10% to 30%.
  • Increased Secondary fire damage from 120 to 150.
  • Increased critical hit chance of Secondary fire from 22% to 35%.

Time to test it. Get to it, people! Chop Chop!

51 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Time to test it. Get to it, people! Chop Chop!

After minimal testing in the simulacrum

It's now better than the Braton Prime, but its very ammo inefficient if you use the primary for status and secondary for hard hits like its probably meant to be used.

Would be great if the primary had some punch through (since punchthrough mods make the disc go into the ground) and besides that the secondary can redcrit with argon scope or a crit riven. Even without those the secondary gives consistentent enough crits with 87.5% chance with just point strike.

As a sniper I still don't think it has much of a place in the game (as the secondary mode is still essentially a sniper mode), but if this were just a sniper it would have the highest base crit chance (outside of Lanka scope) in the game going for it.

In general now it can handle a lot more than it used to without being powercreep as it still has downsides.

Of course better buffs could be made, but these ones are enough to make me happy for getting the weapon. Thanks DE.

Edited by Madway7

Having finally gotten to try the weapon last night, the current stats are decent and it makes for an interesting weapon.

But why does it have to be ANOTHER Slash-heavy weapon? How about Puncture-heavy for a change? Or at least make the stats so that there's equal amounts of Slash, Puncture, and Impact to give it some real versatility?

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

Having finally gotten to try the weapon last night, the current stats are decent and it makes for an interesting weapon.

But why does it have to be ANOTHER Slash-heavy weapon? How about Puncture-heavy for a change? Or at least make the stats so that there's equal amounts of Slash, Puncture, and Impact to give it some real versatility?

Slash is the best physical damage type to have in general.

And the alt fire is puncture focussed.

Tested Zenith - its just pathetic for 500 days.

Primary fire is weak, lower than can be useful, nearly no crit .

Secondary fire - needs a big buff in both damage, visibility on radar(should highlight all mobs, not only hidden behind  something, arc traps door sensors and so on), radar range buff needed too.