Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fatal Teleport + Covert Lethality not OneHitting Hyena PB in Today's Sortie?

Music.Bot

Question

Went into todays sortie, fatal teleport didn't oneshot hyena pb; as i would've expected

OneHitting Level 145 Corpus & Grineer Unit:
giphy.gif

OneHitting Level 35 Hyena:
giphy.gif

Not OneHitting Level 100 Hyena:
giphy.gif

So it's not because the enemy level is too high or it has too much health; since 145 should be considerably higher than 100; especially if one of them is an executioner.
And it's neither because of Hyena's small Hitbox; since i can oneshot the regular one just fine.
Is this an expected behavior or a bug?

11 answers to this question

DE realized that things like this could be used to cheese their game, and decided to fix that.

Covert Lethality/Fatal Teleport will no longer deal fatal damage to bosses.   Instead, it deals a fixed amount of damage (I don't remember what it is but it's considerable).  That amount happens to be somewhere in-between the max health of a level 35 Hyena and a level 100 Hyena.  Level 35 Hyena dies, level 100 Hyena doesn't.  C'est la vie.

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Such things as Covert Lethality don't work on bosses. The level 35 Hyena died because you dealt a lot of damage. You are dealing the same amount of damage to the level 100 Hyena. But it's not enough to kill it.

That might explain it. Thanks for the answers; would be nice if that would've been stated anywhere except somewhere between some Patch Notes.

22 minutes ago, LilaHippie said:

That might explain it. Thanks for the answers; would be nice if that would've been stated anywhere except somewhere between some Patch Notes.

Where exactly do you expect them to notify players of changes if not in patch notes?

33 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Where exactly do you expect them to notify players of changes if not in patch notes?

Except that he's not talking about changes, he's talking about mod mechanics.

The answer, obviously, is the codex wiki.

They did, like, before Kela Da Thaym's rework. She showed up as Sortie boss, CL-FT combo oneshoted her, then DE changed it to no longer work on SORTIE bosses. You can bring a heat dagger with unranked CL to regular Hyenna and oneshot it anyway, but not even a well moded RDD will kill a Sortie Hyenna.

49 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Codex; Wiki or on the Mod. Doesn't work on Bosses. is all i need and/or am asking for. I had a little pause and it would take way too long to read ALL patch notes since i stopped playing. Well that's what we have the forums for; so I thank everyone who commentated. This can be considered as resolved.