Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is warframe really about just ninjas?

(PSN)T3H0N3GUY

I never saw them as space ninjas. More like super powered humans in a suit the first time I played them. How would you consider a fuken muscular warframe whose ability needs him to shout holding a shotgun a ninja? Lol. Kinda misleading but game's fun so just I just disregard it.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)T3H0N3GUY said:

No I get that

i just see some frames as the not ninja  type 

Well...

There are different ways to be a ninja.  Like has been pointed out, they can be surgical and tactical strikers, causing mayhem and chaos, while they can also be solo and stealthy.

The powers themselves aren't inherently ninja, no, but mostly it's how the powers are used that makes it ninja like.

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Well...

There are different ways to be a ninja.  Like has been pointed out, they can be surgical and tactical strikers, causing mayhem and chaos, while they can also be solo and stealthy.

The powers themselves aren't inherently ninja, no, but mostly it's how the powers are used that makes it ninja like.

I just don't get how rhino is only a ninja because he can climb walls. Swing a sword like a badass and bullet jump. But he's a @(*()$ tank.

but I get what you're saying 

One of this earliest reviews said Warframe is different because we don't play as the space marines of a big army, we fight against them.

From the minute you started playing and heard the voice of Lotus, the board was set. We are outnumbered. We can't fight a war, but we can maintain Balance.

We use stealth-dropships to get to the mission because as superhuman as the warframes are, they still go down.

Since when did a group ot clandestine space *beings* decide to start assassinating the gummyment? Yeah, you see that giant silver/shining warrior destroying the crowd?

That wasn't the assassin, it was that small Corpus leaving the Blue behind.

12 hours ago, (PS4)T3H0N3GUY said:

Warframe is a ninjas play free game

but some of the frames just don't strike me as being the ninja type.  Ash of course is the most ninja mofo there is.  Like wukong doesn't seem like a ninja. More of a martial arts monk. 

Any opinions on this?

They all perform ninja acrobatics.

15 hours ago, (PS4)T3H0N3GUY said:

I just don't get how rhino is only a ninja because he can climb walls. Swing a sword like a badass and bullet jump. But he's a @(*()$ tank.

but I get what you're saying 

You're working from the ninja mythos. Which I can't blame you for, I'm certain that's what DE had in mind when they started using that slogan. But other people are pointing to the historic ninja, which wasn't an oxymoronic flashy-stealth fighter, but just a guerilla merc doing anything from sieging to espionage to sabotage. Which is what the Tenno do, although they do it with a certain myth-ninja flair.

We were Ninjas......now we are collectible toys that some kids fashion up and then go out and kill things with.

Ninjas had a wide variety of ways of being. Not just a guy in a full ninja outfit. In legends, there were masters of poison and flames. In anime we have ninjas that can transform into different forms or tribes that each specialize in certain forms. That is still seen with many of the frames.

But bunny hopping up walls while wearing bunny ears is the least ninja thing we can do....besides posing with a kid that comes out of our bellies.

sigh.....

12 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

They all perform ninja acrobatics.

They *used* to perform ninja acrobatics.

DE removed all those animations in favor of bunny hopping and dolphin jump. None of which are Ninja acrobatics. They definitely don't look like ninjas anymore, they're more like magical now for sure based on the type of movements they perform.

Again, I reiterate: Magical girls play for free.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, (Xbox One)ATLongshot said:

It's marketing speak.  

This ^^

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, NightBlitz said:

meh, the whole ninja thing is more about how the frames can move than about the frames themselves

and This^^

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, Kaotyke said:

Ninja were mercenaries specialized in stealth and guerrilha warframe, attacking weak points and then leaving.

We dont fight ARMIES, we do sirurgical strikes: Exterminate this platoon, Sabotage this ship, Survive and distract, Hijack this thing and steal it.

Ninjas were not ONLY about stealth. It was part of it, just like it is here.

This is also true of the true history of real ninja/shinobi

Please remember that NO WHERE in the actual Game does it say ninja.  Excluding references to Ash.  Only the Marketing stuff has the tagline. 

5 hours ago, Heatnix. said:

They *used* to perform ninja acrobatics.

DE removed all those animations in favor of bunny hopping and dolphin jump. None of which are Ninja acrobatics. They definitely don't look like ninjas anymore, they're more like magical now for sure based on the type of movements they perform.

Again, I reiterate: Magical girls play for free.

There's line running, double jump [stereotypical trait of ninjas in vidya games], frontbackside flipping, asian-monk-ish dancing, kneeling, etc.

1 hour ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

There's line running, double jump [stereotypical trait of ninjas in vidya games], frontbackside flipping, asian-monk-ish dancing, kneeling, etc.

None of those mentioned are ninja only traits. Not even one. But, with wall running in addition to all of these, they LOOKED like ninjas in combination with everything else. With bunny hopping and dolphin jump they don't.

And I'm confused, a little scared but intrigued about the "asian-monk-ish dancing" part.

Edited by Heatnix.

Just now, Heatnix. said:

None of those mentioned are ninja only traits. Not even one.

And I'm confused, a little scared but intrigued about the "asian-monk-ish dancing" part.

something, something, something Narta. Also ninja doesn't also refer to asian-assassins. It also means someone who is skilled or an expert in a particular field of activity.

6 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This ^^

and This^^

This is also true of the true history of real ninja/shinobi

Please remember that NO WHERE in the actual Game does it say ninja.  Excluding references to Ash.  Only the Marketing stuff has the tagline. 

But the tag line sets everything. 

Plus the game is pretty heavly influenced by the old Japanese culture in a way we all know. 

Dojo

the weapons

wording

names

play style

Makes me think of samurai/ninja everywhere I go. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)T3H0N3GUY said:

But the tag line sets everything. 

Plus the game is pretty heavly influenced by the old Japanese culture in a way we all know. 

Dojo

the weapons

wording

names

play style

Makes me think of samurai/ninja everywhere I go. 

Yes and no.

Dojo/guild same thing. They were learning places for a trade.

Weapons... We have weapons from all over not just Asia.

Wording? Well honor and the likes again aren't just an Asian thing.

Names.. They are names from a point far into the future were all culture has combined.

Play style... Eh yes it takes some keys from anime.

3 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

something, something, something Narta. Also ninja doesn't also refer to asian-assassins. It also means someone who is skilled or an expert in a particular field of activity.

You're...twisting it on it's alternative definition to make your point? lol ... I'll just drop this here. It's clear what your intentions are.