The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Putting non-related Baro stuff only available from Baro...

Stoner

18 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

A shot in Baro's head?? Oh I'm sure lots of people would be happy. 

Joking aside, I get your point. But it's a shot on people who buy immortal skins from the market and now this one hydroid skin is the only one that's limited to Baro. Why? ...

because If he stops bringing rare things from time to time, he will lose any sense. doesn't matter at all what kind of things he brings.  not much effort to watch his schedule in exchange of some goods. and yeah, do not try to speak on behalf of others if they are not here and didn't asked you to

Edited by Vilmera

16 minutes ago, Vilmera said:

because If he stops bringing rare things from time to time, he will lose any sense. doesn't matter at all what kind of things he brings.  not much effort to watch his schedule in exchange of some goods. and yeah, do not try to speak on behalf of others if they are not here and didn't asked you to

He lost all sense a long time ago.

As did DE unfortunately.

Fixed inconsistent alternate Skins naming (Prisma Gorgon is now Gorgon Prisma etc).

Here we have DE caring about consistency, the fact that the change is actually inconsistent with the rest of the English language is irrelevant, they still tried to make things consistent.

And now suddenly we get a new immortal skin after 3 years of waiting, and they decide to make it a limited time collectible as opposed to putting it with every single other Immortal Skin.

If DE actually can't think of anything 'rare' for him to bring (despite there being almost 300 weapons they could make a Prisma variant of and hundreds of mods that could be primed) then shame on them for taking something that should be readily available for a standardised cost and giving it to him instead.

2 hours ago, Vilmera said:

Yes, he already lost all sense. He's an horrible concept DE tried to make out of a great community idea which was to trade prime parts for prime parts. What we have now instead is a guy who finds random stuff in the void. And Immortal skin now... ? It only proves my point. He's a dead concept.

They just put random things in his rotation so we dont loose interest, like you said. They seem to be at that point where they have no idea what to put in there.

Well I was excited for the Immortal skin for Hydroid as I like to collect them. But then it got stuck with Baro. The **** is that? Cause people want to farm relics, to farm prime parts, to farm ducats, for a skin that should be in market permanently with the rest of it's kind....yeah....sure. Nice job DE on screwing this up. How's that "less grinding" thing you said going for you.....?

it's funny. prior to the AkLex prime's introduction, all you ever heard was people shish-talking Baro for never bringing anything good, just because those people already had his best wares (Primed mods, Slash set etc.) then he brought AkLex Prime and suddenly we ALL wanted to be his friend.

then he went back to bringing what most people consider "garbage" (like the bombard Specter), and now he brings something new, only to be met by complaints. the dude can't win can he?. DE have to give him interesting things to sell, otherwise what's the point in him? dude's supposed to sell unique stuff to long-time players, I don't see how this breaks any rules whatsoever, since it's his first immortal skin sale and most new players probably don't even have Hydroid to begin with.

if anything, DE did this because they know that Hydroid is so unpopular, that almost nobody is gonna spend the 40p or whatever for the immortal skin, but they can still cater to Hydroid's fanbase (of like 3 people) and give them something to do at the same time. if DE thought they'd make a shish-ton of plat off of him, he'd be in the market for sure. you watch, when Hydroid gets reworked (eventually), and people start using him again, the skin will be moved to the market.

basically, people will always complain, and DE did this because they saw no profit in selling an unpopular Frame's skin in the market, so wanted to try something a little different. it keeps Baro interesting anyway.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

~snip~

I refer you to my previous post.

16 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

If DE actually can't think of anything 'rare' for him to bring (despite there being almost 300 weapons they could make a Prisma variant of and hundreds of mods that could be primed) then shame on them for taking something that should be readily available for a standardised cost and giving it to him instead.

There is so much content that can be updated with Baroness. 

Prisma Cernos to go with the Prisma Arrow. Boom, new content.

Prisma Lato so that we can hear the updated sounds with a potentially viable weapon. Boom, new content.

Primed Maglev because it's commonly asked for and would be pretty fun without being powercreep? Boom, new content.

There is no excuse to take content that should be in the market with the rest of the skins, and make it a limited time collectors item.

The issue I have with 'special edition' cosmetics from baro is the ducat cost.... if you trade 550 ducats worth of prime items you'll usually get more than the 'deluxe skin' price of 40 plat.  I don't mind it being a higher price in cash but some of the ducat prices are getting out of hand considering we need to use relics to get the prime parts now.  I'd bet a high proportion of us don't even bother with relics, both sourcing and using, once we have the parts to make the prime item we want.

It's not just the skin for the frame either, 'baro's cosmetics' are expensive too and while I understand that they're 'free' and are only cosmetics I feel their value is being placed far above their worth. 

Also seems like the dev's have stopped 'balancing' the prices like they said they would in another thread or if they are the prices are being skewed because everyone is getting stockpiles of ducats because we keep getting the same stuff over and over.  And it's not like there isn't stuff they can stick in there instead, there are several mods we can't get anymore such as  Piercing CaliberBreach LoaderBore and Auger Strike which were only available via mutalist incursion event.  Then there's stuff like the original snipetron and normal machete...  These are things the dev's don't even need to do any work on, it's basically just sticking them in the list of things for sale...

EDIT: I don't mind a small amount of repetition, it's good for those that didn't get it the first time but the amount of repetition we're getting from baro these days is verging on the point of him being a complete waste of time unless you want an overpriced cosmetic as they seem to be pretty common these day.....

Edited by LSG501