Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Mission Fail Timer

Matrillex

I really hate it how I'm taking my time in a mission and I get a message saying mission failure iniment with a  :59 timer. Some missions ( like the lua memory spy as of recent) take time! A friend of mine can't use one of their hands so they go though very slowly but can still fight. They can't even play a mission because of it! We both have a bad sense of direction and get lost easily and due to that end up getting the mission fail message. I was doing the Inaros quest and was at one of the bossess. They were a bit above me so I was taking my time so I didn't die. I was making progress and almost killed them all when I got that message; I DID kill them all and was waiting for dialoge to finish but that timer was still there. What was I suppose to do? I could leave when it was over. I ended up not making it to evac in time. Why is it even there? Are we not allowed to enjoy the game at our own pace? Why should we fail a mission we could have completed because we were trying to enjoy the game? I seriously think this needs to go.

Edited by Matrillex

allow me to play devils advocate here. i can see a few reasons to have it as well. it stops the endless farming of hard to get items. for example, i sat in the inaros quest till that timer showed up farming kavat scans. i got 8 genetic codes b4 the game said gtfo of the mission

10 minutes ago, Moysa said:

allow me to play devils advocate here. i can see a few reasons to have it as well. it stops the endless farming of hard to get items. for example, i sat in the inaros quest till that timer showed up farming kavat scans. i got 8 genetic codes b4 the game said gtfo of the mission

But to counter your point they can do what they did with the most recent mission. You could fight an endless number of Sentients in Octavia's anthem, so they made it so that the Sentients you fight there don't drop any loot.

Is this the right way to go about things? No

But it can be weird to just randomly put things into the game or take them out specifically to stop people from getting items in a quest that you can't normally easily get.

37 minutes ago, Moysa said:

I don't see a reason there, sentients are hard enough to justify that if you can kill hordes of them you actually deserve to be able to endlessly farm them. They could also scale to add some challenge. Right now enemies like those are gated by a limit per mission, which makes them a pain in the &#! to farm.

Edited by Genoscythe

15 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

I don't see a reason there, sentients are hard enough to justify that if you can kill hordes of them you actually deserve to be able to endlessly farm them. They could also scale to add some challenge. Right now enemies like those are gated by a limit per mission, which makes them a pain in the &#! to farm.

Problem in this is those in the Quest are far weaker, 20-30 levels lwoer even i think, correct me there if you will.

The loottable is the same on every eenmy regardless there strength, level 120 will give the samel lootdrop as a level 5 version.

The problem is not the difficulty that lets you "deserve" the reward, but mainly the game mechanic not cares there and can't even say how much effort you had.

Example i can give is i did the Quest with Ivara, and just robbed them then killed them.

Was that challagneing and hard aswell? No. Can i do the saem to any level Sentinel? Yes. Should this change the reward for it? No.

"Challange" is debatable and it should defintly not give better rewards.

On to the failure timer, technnicly you could argue it playing with your stats, killed 300 Sentinels or so, even if those stats mean nothing, on the other hand why sohuld such not be limited? You could argue it fails like in this example becasue Hunhow succeded in the Quest instead. It makes no sense without a visible timer still but how else they should limit it, maybe the Quests run on servers partly and they want them free again also. FFXIV does this, Dungeons run on a extern server and normal are limited to 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

On to the failure timer, technnicly you could argue it playing with your stats, killed 300 Sentinels or so, even if those stats mean nothing, on the other hand why sohuld such not be limited? You could argue it fails like in this example becasue Hunhow succeded in the Quest instead. It makes no sense without a visible timer still but how else they should limit it, maybe the Quests run on servers partly and they want them free again also. FFXIV does this, Dungeons run on a extern server and normal are limited to 90 minutes.

It's more than quests, all levels have them. Any level you play if you take too long you'll get the timer. No missions or quests should have them. It's ridiculous to be punished for taking your time or going to slow. Are we not allowed to have fun? Can we not take our time in what we do? Why must we be rushed? Have you seen any other games with a timer on every level in shooter games like this? No because it's a stupid concept. 

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the metrics could certainly be expanded, to account for more than just Kills. which would alleviate said concerns.

It's completely timed based. You could be getting kills, moving towards the objevtive or actually fufilling objectives, if your taking to long you fail. I was doing a Lua Spy and got A, and B, and C was a memory test and I have a very bad memory and I had to take my time with A and B because lua spy is complicated. I ended up getting that fail timer and of course failed the mission. 

11 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

Lua Spy and got A, and B, and C was a memory test

you can bypass the simon says memory test there. theres a console in the past on the left side of the room if u face the simon says door

16 minutes ago, Matrillex said:

It's completely timed based.

the 15 minute timer that initiates a 60 second timer to extract or fail the Mission - is not just a Timer, no...........
actively completing Objectives(obviously) or Killing Enemies prevents said Timer.

and again - the metrics could certainly be expanded which would alleviate concerns of this type.
such as interacting with Objective related things, interacting with...interactables in some Tiles, Et Cetera.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

the 15 minute timer that initiates a 60 second timer to extract or fail the Mission - is not just a Timer, no...........
actively completing Objectives(obviously) or Killing Enemies prevents said Timer.

and again - the metrics could certainly be expanded which would alleviate concerns of this type.
such as interacting with Objective related things, interacting with...interactables in some Tiles, Et Cetera.

Never works like that for me

1 hour ago, Moysa said:

you can bypass the simon says memory test there. theres a console in the past on the left side of the room if u face the simon says door

Well that's nice to know but doesn't change the other reasons why it needs to be removed.