Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To ... ZENISTAR

THeMooN85

Question

Hi All.

Again me, again with question. But this time... I don't have

jlenwZu.png

... YET.  But I will in two days from today :inlove:

So... I know that I need to build it for lets say... blast & corrosive, I know how to use the disk, I know it's status beast.

What I don't know is how to make it good and still usable after throwing the disk... I'm melee lover so I would love to use it after the disk is out, I want to kill with it... and I already have Dominion skin for it:thumbup:... and here's question within question... Dominion make it... huge, but what about range? Is Zenistar with Dominion have highest range or the skin do nothing but looks great?

And now the right question... the build. I saw some of them, I asked my friend who has it already and I know more or less how to build it property. What I need are concretes. Concrete build with description why that or that mod, how it will work after disk go wild, etc.

12 answers to this question

If you're trying to melee along with the disc, you may want to try something like this.

udYXVDR.jpg

Keep in mind the axe itself turns to Slash when the disc is out.

There's another more gimmicky setup using maiming strike + Naramon.

Corrosive + Blast for CC/Armor Shred, Gas + Electric for Corpus, Viral + Heat/Rad for Infested.

Pretty standard 4 dual stat mods, primed reach, primed pressure point, other at your liking. Primed reach expand disk's range and that's important. I personally use blast corrosive, but gas electric is fine as well.

Dominion skin only it makes bigger, range does not increase.

A (primed) fury is a good mod to have as increasing the attack speed speeds up the elemental procs when the disk is out. Reach and pressure point are a must as Rob says. It is very useable when the disk is out but I mostly use it to hold choke points and clean up with a rifle..

For a more specific and kind of fun use, I actually tried the zenistar with ivara/piercing navigator.  yesterday.  Pretty interesting results with corrosive/blast. It will actually kill enemies, and not just inflict status.  Also, it's good at popping saryn spores.  Honestly, it's not the best weapon for using as a regular heavy weapon mostly because of the fire rate.  I think most people prefer tempo Royale, so you would have to add more than a few forma.  But hey its fun nonetheless.  

4 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Pretty standard 4 dual stat mods, primed reach, primed pressure point, other at your liking. Primed reach expand disk's range and that's important. I personally use blast corrosive, but gas electric is fine as well.

Dominion skin only it makes bigger, range does not increase.

OK, so standard that I know and use :) Thanks fo the info about Dominion.

4 hours ago, Ryme said:

Range is what makes the disc aoe bigger. Either Reach of Primed Reach.

That I know already too but thanks for confirmation.

4 hours ago, Shalath said:

A (primed) fury is a good mod to have as increasing the attack speed speeds up the elemental procs when the disk is out. Reach and pressure point are a must as Rob says. It is very useable when the disk is out but I mostly use it to hold choke points and clean up with a rifle..

My friend is using it that way... throw the disk of and killing with guns. I would like to try it as well as normal melee weapon, if it wont satisfying I'll make it just for the disk.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

If you're trying to melee along with the disc, you may want to try something like this.

udYXVDR.jpg

Keep in mind the axe itself turns to Slash when the disc is out.

There's another more gimmicky setup using maiming strike + Naramon.

Corrosive + Blast for CC/Armor Shred, Gas + Electric for Corpus, Viral + Heat/Rad for Infested.

Yeah I know it turns to slash what make it even better for me cos of bleed proc.

I don't fully understand how Condition Overload works... it works with disk or the axe? How it "turns on"? When?

2 hours ago, Desperado14 said:

For a more specific and kind of fun use, I actually tried the zenistar with ivara/piercing navigator.  yesterday.  Pretty interesting results with corrosive/blast. It will actually kill enemies, and not just inflict status.  Also, it's good at popping saryn spores.  Honestly, it's not the best weapon for using as a regular heavy weapon mostly because of the fire rate.  I think most people prefer tempo Royale, so you would have to add more than a few forma.  But hey its fun nonetheless.  

I saw the videos with that... funny effect, you can control disk, I would say it's overpowered that way :) I gotta show that to my man :) Yeah I know it's "heavy" but it could be as good as Galatine P, or am I wrong?

Yeah, I use Tempo Royale on Galatine P, but maybe it would be better to use Cleaving Whirlwind to spin?

10 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Yeah I know it turns to slash what make it even better for me cos of bleed proc.

I don't fully understand how Condition Overload works... it works with disk or the axe? How it "turns on"? When?

I was just mentioning the Slash damage change for the sake of Condition Overload's bonus damage since the Bleed status would count as an additional status effect on top of whatever you choose to use on the disc. The bonus from Condition Overload is multiplicative with your total damage output for each status effect from any source on the enemy you're hitting. The bonus only counts for you however. The Disc doesn't gain the bonus damage though the disc can prime enemies with status effects for you before you hit them.

It's esp effective on a frame that can add in even more status effects like Saryn or Ember.

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I was just mentioning the Slash damage change for the sake of Condition Overload's bonus damage since the Bleed status would count as an additional status effect on top of whatever you choose to use on the disc. The bonus from Condition Overload is multiplicative with your total damage output for each status effect from any source on the enemy you're hitting. The bonus only counts for you however. The Disc doesn't gain the bonus damage though the disc can prime enemies with status effects for you before you hit them.

It's esp effective on a frame that can add in even more status effects like Saryn or Ember.

Not just any source, I heard it works with any source from any team member what makes it pretty strong mod. I asked because my mate had it on Zenistar but he is the guy who prefer guns... maybe that's why he doesn't saw the difference, he didn't use Zenistar as a weapon, just for the disc.

Here's another question: Condition Overload is "stack'able"? Or it's "one at the time" + 60? WIKI says it's "a total possible damage multiplier of up to 109.95x." and even more with blast. But which damage? Slash (ie. Zenistar axe)? Is there some kind of "time frame" I need to use it before it's gone or it will stays until enemy is under status effect? Is this mod work for any enemy I hit or just the current one that just get status effect on him and I'm currently hitting him?

Edited by THeMooN85

the whole point of zenistar is the disk.

zenistar has high proc and with the disk, it will create an aoe dps. COmbined with CC skills it will do massive damage.

but zenistar by itself is a bad weapon. the attack speed is too slow even with primed fury.

1 minute ago, rudman88 said:

the whole point of zenistar is the disk.

zenistar has high proc and with the disk, it will create an aoe dps. COmbined with CC skills it will do massive damage.

but zenistar by itself is a bad weapon. the attack speed is too slow even with primed fury.

I agree, it's not the fastest weapon I used :) But Galatine Prime isn't much faster than Zenistar. The difference between them is almost imperceptible. I like Galatine Prime so probably I'll give some love to Zenistar anyway. I gotta try it on lvl 100+ ^_^