Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low Budget Beginner Farming Frame?

Terranos-Rift

Question

So I've only been playing a few weeks, learning a lot but still a long way to go. One problem I come across is pretty much all builds I find on the internet feature multiple mods that I just don't own yet.

I went on a bit of a frame building spree so have a bunch to potentially choose from.

Excalibur - starter frame

Rhino

Frost

Mag

Loki

Valkyr (only potato'd frame atm)

Banshee

Nyx

Oberon

Unfortunately I am out of frame slots and down to under 100 platinum out of the 375 I initially purchased + 50 starter plat.

Under construction or awaiting claim in the foundry are.

Nekros Prime

Ash Prime

Inaros

Ember

Volt

Vauban

Think I'm going to stop making frames for a while.

Wondering what would be a good frame to invest a potato in and mod up that doesn't require syndicate, corrupted or primed mods etc. I have quite a few rare mods, multishot, berserker etc, the power mods except for continuity though. My preferred playstyle is melee or shotguns, sobek is my favorite weapons so far, and broken war my favorite melee weapon.

Anyone have a build they would like to share that they used back when they were poor and lacking resources to follow the cookie cutter fotm builds? It would be appreciated. Leaning towards Nekros Prime or Inaros atm, but don't know a lot about what frames are best for farming mods, void relics etc.

Edited by Terranos-Rift

17 answers to this question

Nekros is love Nekros is life.

If you're going for a farming frame per title, pick up and potato that Nek P. Even without corrupted mods you can make a reasonable Lootkros, but expect to Forma a few times, first and foremost the aura slot to - for Energy Siphon.

For mods, you're looking for Streamline, Equilibrium, Rage, Vitality, Armored Agility, Steel Fiber, with 2 + Ex for customization. I recommend Thief's Wit to compliment the farming intent, and Stretch for pretty obvious reasons. Master Thief is a classic for farming, especially on Argon farms. All of these mods are non-Syndicate, non-Corrupted, though Rage and Master Thief may be difficult to come by.

Focusing on armor over shields allows tripping both Rage from damage bleedthrough and Equilibrium from health orbs copiously generated by Desecrate.

Compliment this with a high slash melee weapon, as Desecrate counts corpse chunks as independant corpses for loot. My go to is Orthos Prime, as its natural z-axis reach, decent natural speed, and high slash make for easy corpse chopping before the proc. Plus it has a decent slam radius for breaking void containers behind walls.

As an added consideration, bring a sentinel with Animal Instinct, Vacuum, and Guardian slotted low on precept priority. Animal Instinct will add with Thief's Wit for loot radar, Vacuum is obvious but shines when breaking walled off void containers, and Guardian in low priority will proc shield restore generally when you're either in trouble being out of shields too long or beyond the necessity to be collecting health for energy. When farming, I use Helios Prime with Taxon's weapon with the scanner precept top priority, followed by attack, then guard. It'll scan if needed, then focus an attack. If I need shields I'll kill its target to force it to react, normally tripping Guardian then selecting a new target.

I am biased on this, but a Trinity will take you far. No one would in their right mind say no to a Trinity. She is very easy to build in terms of mods and is always useful to any group.

Top-tier survivability and support capability. If I am ever in a group, a Trinity is my go-to in any situation. Everyone should have a Trinity at their disposal should the need arise.

If you're hunting for resources, you can always try Recruiting chat and see if you can make a group for a resource/parts run and a Trinity can take the stress off with the mission.

Edited by (XB1)RPColten
expanding

It depends on what you have.

lets assume you got all the basic that means no primed or orokin vault mod ( blidn rage etc)

best bet for me will be nekros / rhino / excalibur

Unless you are lucky enough to take new loka / perrin path. Then you can go trinity and take EV.

but if you really only have the basic starters go for rhino, excalibur and nekros.

They work very well with balanced basic mods.

you can sell oberon, nyx and banshee.
nyx and bashee has prime which has better stats

oberon jsut plainly because is a middle of nowhere frame

when i mean by basic

intensify, continuity, streamline, redirection, vitality, stretch. steel fiber and anything else.

these mods now can be easily obtain

If i were you, i will sell the normal banshee and oberon.

Use nekros prime. And invest there, it can be used as tank with augmented mod.

it can be farmer frame with normal range ( dont need put overextended )

the damage with the 4th skill scaled accordingly.

Edited by rudman88

IF you have acquired a rage mod(or if you are willing to purchase one)

I'd highly recommend picking up inaros. He has excellent CC abilities, group heals(scarab swarm is finnicky, and is usually quite hard to use unless you're communicating with your squad-members, but it can be used), self-heals in the form of both his 1st and 2nd abilities, and is overall very tanky. And the best part is, he only needs 3 mods to achieve the amount of tankiness he needs to survive sorties: Vitality, Steel Fiber and Rage. What you put on after that is pretty much up to you, but I'm a fan of adding range and duration. A little bit of strength is nice on him if you're looking to add some extra armor to his tankiness(at least, I think strength adds onto his 4th ability's armor boost), but none of that is actually required.

If you're looking for a frame to farm resources and mods, nekros is the way to go, but any build would be considered incomplete without Despoil, which is a syndicate mod. Generally, nekros is a sitting duck unless he has multiple high-end mods, so I wouldn't recommend investing into him until you've got, at the very least, despoil.

I notice you've got Oberon lying around. I've always been a fan of oberon, but in order to bring him up to his full potential (which still falls short of specialized frames), you'll need some good mods, notably rage and likely at least one of his augments. He's also getting a rework soon that will either make or break him once and for all, so I'd hold out on investing much into him -right now-.

Valkyr's a fairly good tank frame, you've probably noticed that her hysteria heals her for damage dealt which makes her an absurdly powerful tank, but again, she works best with a rage mod equipped.

On 26/04/2017 at 9:34 PM, AzureFang1 said:

Nekros is love Nekros is life.

If you're going for a farming frame per title, pick up and potato that Nek P. Even without corrupted mods you can make a reasonable Lootkros, but expect to Forma a few times, first and foremost the aura slot to - for Energy Siphon.

For mods, you're looking for Streamline, Equilibrium, Rage, Vitality, Armored Agility, Steel Fiber, with 2 + Ex for customization. I recommend Thief's Wit to compliment the farming intent, and Stretch for pretty obvious reasons. Master Thief is a classic for farming, especially on Argon farms. All of these mods are non-Syndicate, non-Corrupted, though Rage and Master Thief may be difficult to come by.

Focusing on armor over shields allows tripping both Rage from damage bleedthrough and Equilibrium from health orbs copiously generated by Desecrate.

Compliment this with a high slash melee weapon, as Desecrate counts corpse chunks as independant corpses for loot. My go to is Orthos Prime, as its natural z-axis reach, decent natural speed, and high slash make for easy corpse chopping before the proc. Plus it has a decent slam radius for breaking void containers behind walls.

As an added consideration, bring a sentinel with Animal Instinct, Vacuum, and Guardian slotted low on precept priority. Animal Instinct will add with Thief's Wit for loot radar, Vacuum is obvious but shines when breaking walled off void containers, and Guardian in low priority will proc shield restore generally when you're either in trouble being out of shields too long or beyond the necessity to be collecting health for energy. When farming, I use Helios Prime with Taxon's weapon with the scanner precept top priority, followed by attack, then guard. It'll scan if needed, then focus an attack. If I need shields I'll kill its target to force it to react, normally tripping Guardian then selecting a new target.

This response is really useful, I had already claimed and potato'd the Nek P, still have enough plat for another and tossing up between Ember or Inaros atm. But this gives me ideas of how to mod him now that I have leveled him up.

I'm currently working toward getting despoil, also don't have Rage yet so will look into that. The rest I do have.

1 minute ago, Terranos-Rift said:

This response is really useful, I had already claimed and potato'd the Nek P, still have enough plat for another and tossing up between Ember or Inaros atm. But this gives me ideas of how to mod him now that I have leveled him up.

I'm currently working toward getting despoil, also don't have Rage yet so will look into that. The rest I do have.

If you have the spare plat, buy Fleeting Expertise from a trader. Yes, it's a corrupted mod, but with it and Streamline, you can do away with both Rage and Equilibrium and pack in some shields for extra survivability. Most say to stick with Eq and Rage, but I find I only run out of energy in the face of Parasitic Eximus. And if you're going Despoil anyway, Eq loses a lot of effectiveness and Rage loses all point.

Just a consideration :satisfied: