The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Fragor Prime worth a catalyst?

SharadzKharzhodi

basically all there is to it. is this a sufficiently endgame weapon? i will definately need more space for the build im hoping for. speaking of which, would Reach or healing return be better on this? because im going more for crit+melee combo counter damage rather than status damage with this.

It's a fun weapon, but depending on where you're bringing it, I don't know how it'd stack. Don't bother with reach on it, it's range is too short, it's a major critical weapon, and one of the stronger hammers, so stay with what it's good with. Healing Return is debatable, but not worth it imo.

Yeah, you shoud, it's still a good weapon for the majority of the Star Chart.

Also, I feel like this should be in Players helping Players, not General.

If you like Hammers, yeah. It will redcrit really quickly if you put Bloodrush on it, and Primed Reach will work pretty well since its initial range is not that great.  Healing return is useless if you don't put weeping wounds since it only has 10% status chance. 

The biggest problem with it is its attack speed being too slow, for me berserker alone doesn't cut it. I personally prefer Jag Kittag over it, while not as good damage wise, its augments makes it really fun to use with certain frames at high levels or all frames on the star chart. 

Edited by aligatorno

Every weapon is viable and worthwhile in this game, if you use them as they are meant to be used. With an impact weapon like this, I'd set it up with a primed heavy impact, viral damage, the obligatory spoiled strike and fury mods, body count, blood rush (it's 35% becomes 121% chance to crit with only 5 strikes and it just goes up from there), and a primed reach to finish things up. Behold, you have a corpus whacking happy mallet that can do obscene damage.

I'd say oh hell no but then I dislike great hammers, they do not feel at all like something a ninja would use.  I know, we are very loosely considered ninjas at this point, but I also have personal dislike of super slow weapons.  Especially when those weapons don't have any major advantages over faster weapons.

You end up spending half your time, effort, and mod slots speeding the weapon up rather than making it as strong as possible.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Also, I feel like this should be in Players helping Players, not General.

as im still a noob at this, i don't know where to find players helping players. i'll look around.

but thanks everyone who helped out, ive not been doing too well at higher levels (100) with my Valkyr Prime/Soma Prime/Broken War setup and ive been trying to get better stuff

6 minutes ago, SharadzKharzhodi said:

as im still a noob at this, i don't know where to find players helping players. i'll look around.

but thanks everyone who helped out, ive not been doing too well at higher levels (100) with my Valkyr Prime/Soma Prime/Broken War setup and ive been trying to get better stuff

Soma Prime and Broken War vs. lvl 100s? Sortie?

1 hour ago, SharadzKharzhodi said:

basically all there is to it. is this a sufficiently endgame weapon? i will definately need more space for the build im hoping for. speaking of which, would Reach or healing return be better on this? because im going more for crit+melee combo counter damage rather than status damage with this.

Reach isn't a bad choice, but there are better ones. And forget healing return, if you can get it or have it, for with life strike. Fragor Primed becomes the healing hammer, bring you to full health with each charged swing. Also make sure to have body count (increase combo counter), blood rush (increase crit chance with combo) and berserker (increase weapon speed for each crit strike.)

I built it for single hit damage. I equip it on Ivara for when I'm soloing L100 sortie spy missions and need to kill some guys blicking a vent I need to walk through, the stealth animation and damage do good work for this purpose.