Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

1 hour ago, Mudfam said:

This and the provoked mod are the new end-game strategy.

Well, for Defense this could actually work, as a Bleeding player becomes practically inmune to damage and gets a damage buff. Also Bleeding Players can still drag themselves a bit.

39 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

turning players into stationary turrets lul.

or bring a loki for switch tele

So all DE needs to do is add a "Kill-Me" Function to make sure that it isn't used for trolling and now we have a new Niche meta with Oberon and 3 other downed players using Provoked Mods :P

I keep trying to settle on the tweaks I feel Oberon could really benefit from.

I think Hallowed Ground/Renewal seriously needs a look at. If allies are just an inch above the ground they don't even get the buff, that's just stupid. This is a high mobility game. Just give the armor buff to all team mates if Oberon casts it while on Hallowed Ground. Hell, maybe the buff should also carry over more of the benefits of Hallowed Ground to renewal. Resistance/immunity to knockdown, removal of status effects (maybe have it remove one status effect every tic).

Hallowed Ground+Reckoning, make it so that Reckoning also occurs over any hallowed Ground Oberon has up, no matter where Oberon casts reckoning from.

And would it be bad to give an energy cost reduction when casting on hallowed ground? Maybe for the whole team? Trinity can give energy, maybe let Oberon make things cheaper?

And for gods sake fix the Nidus/Nekros bs, Maggots and Shadows are too many allies to heal at once.

56 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

I have a long series of tweaks to each power and augment. However at this point absolute MINIMAL that NEEDS to happen.

Hallowed Ground getting a height component so enemies can't just clime a box and be fine, or allies climb on the cryopod and not get protection.

Renewal and reckoning needing OBERON to be on hallowed ground to get their secondary effects rather than targets Oberon Players can't control.

Reckoning's 'drop health orbs' moved from 'on kill' to 'if hit by reckoning then killed before x seconds are up.'

That alone would put oberon in a far better place, but as i said I have a longer list of tweaks. It's just... I"m tired of shouting.

Yes it would definitely be the kind of tweaking that would be amazing/neccessary. 

If the next few updates don't have some of the changes mentioned here, I think i'm going to be a little upset.

It's blantantly obvious that the rework did not go over as well as they wanted. He still seems weird and clunky.

But, for shizzles, lets say they leave him as is.

Then, with that, they for sure need to polish his powers off. 

It really is starting to look like DE just doesn't care about him, which really sucks.

Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong and make changes?

Only time will tell I guess.

6 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Who cares about the armor buff. Armor doesn't do much in this game anyway. Mod for renewal and forget hallowed ground.

You're wrong bro, actually his armor buff for the whole team from Iron Renewal is the best part of his rework, with only 145% power strength you can give the whole team additional 300 armor plus constant healing, Oberon's 2+3 can turn the whole team into tank, or at least make sure your teammates wont be oneshot and the cost is you really need rage+vitality to make it work in high level.

6 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Who cares about the armor buff. Armor doesn't do much in this game anyway. Mod for renewal and forget hallowed ground.

What? 

If you get his Renewal/Hallowed Ground buffs going they are great.

It's a base 200 armor buff with no strength. This is actually sizable.

For example;

Trinity has 15 armor at base.

So, at base Trinity gets 4.7% damage reduction.

Give her Oberon's base buff of 200 armor, putting her at 215 armor, and the damage reduction goes to 41.7%.

I would say armor does a fair amount.

14 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Hmmm, armor buff actually benefit quite a lots, but it's sooo clunky to be effective for the whole team. Your teammates, most of the time, won't stay on hallow ground and bullet jump all over the place to even get that armor buff. And 200 at base is prettty meh, I was hoping for something like 350 at least. 

One good thing about armor buff is that it actually even more beneficial for frames that rely on armor build like Rhino, Frost and Atlas (not sure about chroma), which is something trin can't do.

Edited by Windy_Wind

14 hours ago, KX297 said:

What? 

If you get his Renewal/Hallowed Ground buffs going they are great.

It's a base 200 armor buff with no strength. This is actually sizable.

For example;

Trinity has 15 armor at base.

So, at base Trinity gets 4.7% damage reduction.

Give her Oberon's base buff of 200 armor, putting her at 215 armor, and the damage reduction goes to 41.7%.

I would say armor does a fair amount.

Sorry, but armour is so subjective to the enemy you really can't argue for it... You need a full set of nightmare mods to make the armour a good value to talk about.

Trinity can get 75% flat damage reduction with 1 button press.

Played around with Obe some more this weekend, and my opinion still stands, strip him down till each power holds up to other frame's. Get rid of all this BS bloat and pointless "synergy".

Edited by Leonix13

15 hours ago, Doomerang said:

You're wrong bro, actually his armor buff for the whole team from Iron Renewal is the best part of his rework, with only 145% power strength you can give the whole team additional 300 armor plus constant healing, Oberon's 2+3 can turn the whole team into tank, or at least make sure your teammates wont be oneshot and the cost is you really need rage+vitality to make it work in high level.

Trin gives a flat 75% reduction within 50m. Oberon armor buff is meh in comparison. Its not worth modding for. Just mod for renewal and call it good.

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Trin gives a flat 75% reduction within 50m. Oberon armor buff is meh in comparison. Its not worth modding for. Just mod for renewal and call it good.

Any frame with an armor value of less than 100 gains a pretty powerful buff from just the base armor value increase provided by Hallowed Ground/Renewal.

Another good example would be Banshee.

Besides, modding for Renewal means increasing strength values, which in return increases the armor buff value even farther. 

Sure, armor does become trivial eventually, but for the vast majority of the community, the missions carried out are low enough to where the armor values are noticable. 

My biggest issue is that getting the armor on allies in public lobbies is practically impossible. 

However, my clan buddies and I have made some pretty solid uses of Oberon's new kit. 

Though, he does still lack a lot. We do far better with other frames. Really, I just don't think a Jack-Of-All Trades frame belongs in this game.

The point i'm trying to make is that the armor value isn't USELESS, simply not something that scales well. Lower armor value frames benifit more than higher ones due to how armor's damage reduction is calculated and the curve DE uses. And, modding for Renewal is a direct increase to the armor buff's strength, so might as well use it when you can, even if it is just for you. 

They really should alter the ability so that it is easier to place on allies. Maybe even revert it to the old system. It would also be better if the armor buff was recieved if OBERON was on Hallowed Ground and not allies. Currently, no random public lobby I have been in has made an active effort to stand on Hallowed Ground.

EDIT

As it stands, I don't think it's really fair to compare any frame to Trinity in terms of support. 

She is the best frame for support.

Always has been, probably always will be.

Edited by KX297

1 hour ago, KX297 said:

Any frame with an armor value of less than 100 gains a pretty powerful buff from just the base armor value increase provided by Hallowed Ground/Renewal.

Another good example would be Banshee.

Besides, modding for Renewal means increasing strength values, which in return increases the armor buff value even farther. 

Sure, armor does become trivial eventually, but for the vast majority of the community, the missions carried out are low enough to where the armor values are noticable. 

My biggest issue is that getting the armor on allies in public lobbies is practically impossible. 

However, my clan buddies and I have made some pretty solid uses of Oberon's new kit. 

Though, he does still lack a lot. We do far better with other frames. Really, I just don't think a Jack-Of-All Trades frame belongs in this game.

The point i'm trying to make is that the armor value isn't USELESS, simply not something that scales well. Lower armor value frames benifit more than higher ones due to how armor's damage reduction is calculated and the curve DE uses. And, modding for Renewal is a direct increase to the armor buff's strength, so might as well use it when you can, even if it is just for you. 

They really should alter the ability so that it is easier to place on allies. Maybe even revert it to the old system. It would also be better if the armor buff was recieved if OBERON was on Hallowed Ground and not allies. Currently, no random public lobby I have been in has made an active effort to stand on Hallowed Ground.

EDIT

As it stands, I don't think it's really fair to compare any frame to Trinity in terms of support. 

She is the best frame for support.

Always has been, probably always will be.

I disagree that shes the best support frame. Besides i use her to tank. Im not saying Oberon armor buff is useless...im sayin its pointless to mod specifically for it. Modding for his other abilities will enhance it...but goin out of ur way to mod for it...at its current state is inconsequential.

The only problem i see with oberon is his high energy usage. Otherwise, hes in a good place.

Hopefully his prime version will up his power base.

On 11/5/2017 at 11:07 AM, Zeclem said:

since when tankyness is about having damage that scales up with damage you take? 

and thats the thing. mods dont effect every frame equally. one vitality gives 300 hp on one and 1000 hp on another. how is this same?

since enemies in this game scales up with levels?

mods affect frames equally, the difference is how efficient they are on said frame, if i equip vitality with 220% on excal(740) and then equip the same mod on ash(1110) he is not getting more than 220% he is just getting more hp out of that mod because is more efficient(aka more base hp). again you are agreeing here with me yet arguing.

3 hours ago, HolicErsa said:

since enemies in this game scales up with levels?

mods affect frames equally, the difference is how efficient they are on said frame, if i equip vitality with 220% on excal(740) and then equip the same mod on ash(1110) he is not getting more than 220% he is just getting more hp out of that mod because is more efficient(aka more base hp). again you are agreeing here with me yet arguing.

Ether way the problem is Oberon takes too much modding to be somewhat equal to similar frames... Another case of "why A, when you can B"

15 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Also makes justifying any of his augments hard since you kinda need the mod space.

Plus his augments aren't all that great to start with. Phoenix Renewal is about the only good one. 

All the others are damage increasing augmentations, which means they drop off quickly.