The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

The low level mission was easy. Free potato. Good ol' Lotus gift, little bland. Maybe switch the colors around for the enemies?

The HIGH LEVEL one. I tried it solo, had to leave because I did zero damage. Jumped on a Pub and when the juggernaut came along we got destroyed, after 2 revives each and some discussing we found that operator beams ignore resistance. Not a lot of damage but damage indeed. We made a strategy, one tank to distract the Juggernaut while 3 operators shoot from a safe site. It forced us to plan out, actual risk, it WAS indeed FUN.

However, the rewards for such an effort were underwhelming, yes a potato is always welcomed but maybe a something like a "Lotus token" that has no use in the game at all (maybe a decoration for the ship the size of an Ayatan star) but you get one every time you complete a DC challenge, so you can say "Hey we beat that one, we can prove it"

We had a team member drop when the Juggernaut spawned, so there remained a Limbo, Trinity and Nekros. I knew I should have brought Valkyr, but alas. We ended up Operat[or]ing it to death. Literally. Took forever, but we made it.

Edit: Why it doesn't give the details on the Alert, I have no idea. But if you went to the actual mission on the map, it did give the details with the level and melee only restrictions. Of course it never mentioned a Juggernaut...

Edited by MaraJadeSharpie

XbuqBpy.jpg

So the Juggy spawned underneath the floor and got stuck there. Must be our luck. It was stuck in that tiny space and couldnt even damage the cryopod. I tanked him with hysteria and we took it down in under 5 minutes. 2 Inaros, Limbo, and me the Valkyr

My first run wasnt so lucky though. For some reason halfway through his health we didnt realise but he managed to destroy the cryopod. :P

I loved it. I failed the first time but beated it with my Valky. I actually killed the jugg with my Corrosive Crit-based build histerya, killed him on something like 320energy or so. 
Valkyr also has a glitch that she steps on the jugg so she will attack him exactly where his weak points is, dealing insane damage.

9 hours ago, MrM1 said:

Today's "Council Challenge"-Alert makes you face 10 rounds of Lvl 100-120 infested, while only using melee weapons. No problem.

But a f*cking Lvl 120 Juggernaut at the end? People are struggling to kill a normal, Lvl 100 Juggernaut with a Tonkor, which can one-hit kill every other enemy in the game, but a Lvl 120 Jugger just by using melee weapons is way too much!

1ng2z2.jpg

When you kill a Lvl 120 Juggernaut just with a melee weapon and the only reward you get is 1 single potato and 50.000 Credits:

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

Chroma is your friend mate.

INB4 "B-B-B-B-ut it was fun! All I had to do was bring cheesy frames along with 3 other people and it only took 40 minutes to kill the Juggernaut. Git gud and do rolls nonstop for 20 minutes because it gives damage reduction for the literally broken and poorly designed 20,000 damage quill attacks"

I think this is the result of some people who kept saying "We want harder content. Where is our endgame, DE?". And now, with the so-called "harder mission" appeared, others called out on it. This is the best example of "Be careful what you wished for". Seriously, if any of those endgame proposer are complaining, it's just became so ironic.

Yes, cheese-fest is not exactly fun, but with the current AI available, what else is there to throw? "Make an interesting enemy", you think it's easy to program a good AI overnight? I like to see you try. Furthermore, in the end, AI is just that, AI. Human intelligence will eventually find ways to get around them or exploit them, the "cheese" tactic.

I think this also shows a few details as well, like how uninformative the Alert windows are. The mission displays shows the conditions and enemy levels, but like some people said, the Alert windows doesn't, which makes it understandable that some people got caught off-guard. True, there's no indicator of a end-mission juggernaut (Seriously though, how to put that in the description).

Small tip, for those who are wondering how to trickle the Juggernaut with Operators without it one-shotting you, get a higher ground. Preferably, right above it. Make sure you're at a fair height above it as well, not just slightly higher than it. That way, The juggernaut will kept on trying to shoot you, but shooting below you, and you can trickle it with impunity. (Yes, yes, I know, more cheese tactic. I'm just sharing, It's okay if you don't want to do it).

It's always amusing to read hundreds of posts (representing thousands who didn't post) seething with righteous rage at DE's unfair crap....and then see posts from the twelve lucky bastards who found the right cheat-frame to beat the mission pretend that it was their skill that did it, rather than having every maxed frame and weapon at their disposal, combined with a generous helping of luck.

Please, by all means, brag some more about how good you are, and how easy it was. You entertain us.

2 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

except for the F-ing Juggernaut.

That's almost literally everyone's point. The Juggernaut has potential to be good, but instead the enemy design team decides to forget that it existed despite that it has terrible and buggy telegraphing (for the quills, at least), instakill quills with hitboxes the size of Vay Hek, (front facing) weakpoints are exposed once every minute and it only shows for 3 seconds at most, massive armor, HP, extreme ability resistance, and so on and so on...

51 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

Use magnetize and freeze, and it cannot attack, then just wack on it.

It's not impossible and there are various ways of dealing with the Jugg, but when people have to bring specific cheese frames to finish it, you know something's not right.

The mission was pretty enjoyable. But i think the problem is with the jugg(all invulnerable bosses) is that, onle one of the moves actually make it vulnerable and its too random to count on. in the mission i was valkyr and was in hysteria so it dint effect me too much but the jug showed his belly only once per 30 - 40 sec, now when it one shots with everything its more than just inconvenience. There should be ways to force jugg(and other invulnerable bosses) to use the specific moves that open them up to get damaged.