The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

18 minutes ago, Punchedface said:

INB4 "B-B-B-B-ut it was fun! All I had to do was bring cheesy frames along with 3 other people and it only took 40 minutes to kill the Juggernaut. Git gud and do rolls nonstop for 20 minutes because it gives damage reduction for the literally broken and poorly designed 20,000 damage quill attacks"

Roll to reduce damage so your corpse is at least identifiable, don't roll and your very existence is wiped from the universe.

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Chryssalid 8492 said:

I'm not sure about some people but I found the surprise to be pleasant and look forward to more.

You either love DC by heart or part of it (alt account), or u just dont understand yourself.

To me, it's just dumb S#&$, fighting Jugg (lv100+) with melee only. It's difficult to even hit it's weakspot!

20 minutes ago, Punchedface said:

INB4 "B-B-B-B-ut it was fun! All I had to do was bring cheesy frames along with 3 other people and it only took 40 minutes to kill the Juggernaut. Git gud and do rolls nonstop for 20 minutes because it gives damage reduction for the literally broken and poorly designed 20,000 damage quill attacks"

with the possible hate i might get

i liked the council mission too, and yes i used broberon

Honestly, until the juggernaut showed up I didn't even know it was a level 100 mission, and I was using zephyr speed-build with no health/shield mods. Then it was just about hiding my frame and going operator mode for 40 mins of death beam.

Anyone else looking forward to a sentient boss monster now?

6 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

with the possible hate i might get

i liked the council mission too, and yes i used broberon

I recently knew that Smite and Reckoning's armor strip was very useful for this, but having to defeat a boss/miniboss by spamming an ability nonstop or play peek-a-boo with using kiddy lasers just seems very off.

You know what, I might just consider future DC challenges as nothing more than riddles where you have to find out very specific frames to deal with very specific BS that's presented to the players

40 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

I think this is the result of some people who kept saying "We want harder content. Where is our endgame, DE?". And now, with the so-called "harder mission" appeared, others called out on it. This is the best example of "Be careful what you wished for". Seriously, if any of those endgame proposer are complaining, it's just became so ironic.

Yes, cheese-fest is not exactly fun, but with the current AI available, what else is there to throw? "Make an interesting enemy", you think it's easy to program a good AI overnight? I like to see you try. Furthermore, in the end, AI is just that, AI. Human intelligence will eventually find ways to get around them or exploit them, the "cheese" tactic.

I think this also shows a few details as well, like how uninformative the Alert windows are. The mission displays shows the conditions and enemy levels, but like some people said, the Alert windows doesn't, which makes it understandable that some people got caught off-guard. True, there's no indicator of a end-mission juggernaut (Seriously though, how to put that in the description).

Small tip, for those who are wondering how to trickle the Juggernaut with Operators without it one-shotting you, get a higher ground. Preferably, right above it. Make sure you're at a fair height above it as well, not just slightly higher than it. That way, The juggernaut will kept on trying to shoot you, but shooting below you, and you can trickle it with impunity. (Yes, yes, I know, more cheese tactic. I'm just sharing, It's okay if you don't want to do it).

I just Smited the Juggernaut to death, cause Oberon is OP :clem:

But it didn't help having 1600ms ping spikes...

So the two newbie Rhinos (Mr 4 & 7) and the Loki I got paired up with were useful for picking me up when I'd get sniped by those spike shots.

I tried to do it as a Nekros when I saw Jugger and died 3 times during stealth (naramon) I just pressed alt+f4.
In that waste of 20 mins I could easily done 4 relics and most scenarios I would have been 10p richer (after selling those prime parts and buying catalyst from market).

Also not giving any warning that you have to kill a boss at the end on a Defense mission is just not user friendly.

Used Oberon's Smite ability on the Juggernaut. Killed it in 46 casts. I have no idea why people are complaining...

My Oberon has 200% Power Strength and 175% Efficiency for reference, and his 1st ability Smite, only takes 6energy to cast.

15 minutes ago, --Q--XFA said:

I felt that they chose this kind of challenge just to show off oberon's rework

You could use Banshee and Mesa (who still gets her secondaries buffs in this alert) and 1 shot it if you felt like it.

8 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Dude, don't brag about it. Oberon might get nerfed because of it. :laugh:

Lol any frame that has a ranged skill can do it if properly built but my Oberon is and has been built to spam Smite and Reckoning, the update to his skills has only made him stronger.

My freebie alt which is Mr8 and still finishing the star chart took down the Juggernaut with blinds and Exalted blade. (I expected to be carried not being the boss killer)

Edited by SilvaDreams

It was fun, but that thing needs to have a 99% hek i will take 99.99% dmg reduction instead of being completely invulnerable, it gets annoying having to wait for the belly lift to see a number different than 0.

also is there a way to do dailys again? i wanted to try a different approach.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Lol any frame that has a ranged skill can do it if properly built but my Oberon is and has been built to spam Smite and Reckoning, the update to his skills has only made him stronger.

Yeah. Just make sure it is a direct damage ability though, not an Exalted weapon. (DE, why'd you remove my Dex Pixia in that Alert :crylaugh:. Why Peacemaker is allowed but not Dex Pixia.)