The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

My friends just came back to playing this game due to octavia (after like half a year or more of not playing). I told them not to do this alert because stuff like this is what made them quit (almost did the same to me, as I dropped to logging once or twice a week). I don't understand this "make game challenging" fascination. That's literally impossible with how this game is programmed (increasing lvl doesn't increase challenge, it just increases faff).

My biggest problem with this mission is that the jug counts as part of the last wave despite not spawning until you finish it, which means that if you get a host migration (like I did) you're suddenly down a player with a new wave spawning and an intact jug to fight. I didn't stay long enough to see if a second one would spawn because all the others dropped out and since it's the last wave it counts as "objective completed" so couldn't invite, even with the player I was inviting being one that was originally in the mission (the host migration also removed the effects of my naramon focus which I was using to not be targeted while reviving allies. It was only partially effective, but that's still better than not at all).

Got my potato on a first try. But fun was mostly ruined then I realized how much the mission depends on the Juggernaut not charging into the Void or something.

Whoever is responsible for the DC challenges, please, next time consider possible bugs that may creep up.

The idea itself was very good – surprise Juggernaut (by the way, it would be neat if it would jump out of that giant tumor on the pillar), having to kite and mind your surrounding, no way to cheese it if you do not have specific frames. But Pallas map is known to have some trouble with mobs clipping under the defensive objective (especially Syndicates). And if it's a Juggernaut, well... Other players detailed what happens next.

Not sure if Juggernaut spike attack becoming a radial javelin on steroids is working as intended? I was thinking it was “don't stand in front of the boss”? And what was with that Elytron-like explosions all over the map?

8 hours ago, (PS4)ALF0NZ0_AL0NZ0 said:

Was this intended to be funny or humorous? 

Are the design council devs or is this a reflection of the community trolling each other as a substitute for difficult content?

The mission they create is a joke. Why not make it Melee only corpus defense with 1 Raptor spawn at end

1 minute ago, rand0mname said:

Got my potato on a first try. But fun was mostly ruined then I realized how much the mission depends on the Juggernaut not charging into the Void or something.

Whoever is responsible for the DC challenges, please, next time consider possible bugs that may creep up.

The idea itself was very good – surprise Juggernaut (by the way, it would be neat if it would jump out of that giant tumor on the pillar), having to kite and mind your surrounding, no way to cheese it if you do not have specific frames. But Pallas map is known to have some trouble with mobs clipping under the defensive objective (especially Syndicates). And if it's a Juggernaut, well... Other players detailed what happens next.

Not sure if Juggernaut spike attack becoming a radial javelin on steroids is working as intended? I was thinking it was “don't stand in front of the boss”? And what was with that Elytron-like explosions all over the map?

Jugg spike attack is working as intended to insta-gib virtually all frames. The explosions are probably another jugg ability where he launches/spawns explody spores that deal damage/gas or spread creep and spawn more infested. That or his underbelly revealing stomp. If you don't mean either of these, then it's the first I've heard of it. I hear the Reddit and other WF related sites are also complaining of various bugs regarding the jugg so I wouldn't be surprised.

14 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

*Me and the other DC members*

Image result for vor laugh gif warframe

This was actually a ploy by the design councel to incite the warframe comeunity to demand DE to make juggernaut a fun enemy again wasn't it?

Well played.

Otherwise enjoy your salty Tenno tears.

14 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

*Me and the other DC members*

Image result for vor laugh gif warframe

This was actually a ploy by the design councel to incite the warframe comeunity to demand DE to make juggernaut a fun enemy again wasn't it?

Well played.

Me and my friends hammered away at the juggernaut for a solid 10 minutes and only took down about half its health

Then I remembered they added scaling to Oberon's smite.

The rest of his health went down in less than 30 seconds.

Seriously, the event was actually a lot of fun for us, considering we haven't found many things "challenging" in the game. The juggernaut at the end was a "nice" surprise. I hope we see more of these challenges to come.

4 minutes ago, low1991 said:

The mission they create is a joke. Why not make it Melee only corpus defense with 1 Raptor spawn at end

1 minute ago, undernown said:

Well played.

Apparently not even the DC members knew of the surprise jugg at the end of the alert. They were given random factors to vote on (i.e. enemy level, faction, sortie-like condition). Better to direct our frustration toward DE directly rather than a few DC members who want to run a salt mine.

Just now, Hanari said:

Jugg spike attack is working as intended to insta-gib virtually all frames. The explosions are probably another jugg ability where he launches/spawns explody spores that deal damage/gas or spread creep and spawn more infested. That or his underbelly revealing stomp. If you don't mean either of these, then it's the first I've heard of it. I hear the Reddit and other WF related sites are also complaining of various bugs regarding the jugg so I wouldn't be surprised.

Wait, even if I am behind it while he it busy with another player? Were it not a front attack like Nidus stomp? 

Explosions were blue, not the toxin/gas AEO he does. And all over the map. Not a Frost or Chroma ability. Looked a lot like Elytrons Thumper explosions. Was too busy trying to lure it from the pod and stay alive to screenshoot it :(

Edited by rand0mname

11 minutes ago, zNightWolfz said:

what are you on about that  alert was the most fun in a while and i did it with oberon not even maxed out zenistar was the star was very much fun

It seems that if you did it with certain frames (oberon, nidus, and mag seem to be popular choices) then it was an enjoyable mission more or less. If you're like me and like using Frost against the infested because that's the only time chilling globe really does any work, then a surprise lvl 120 juggernaut is less than appreciated (didn't help that I was essentially solo at the time; was on friends only instead of public and none of my friends were on). I did eventually complete it, but it was after much faff (and switching to public where I got that lovely scenario I mentioned in my other post).

Edited by MinkoElkra

I thought it was alright. I'm mid level (MR 17) with some nice gear, but nothing to OP. No arcanes, no riven mods. Seeing the extra challenge was enough for me too come to the forums to find out what it was all about before going in. Valkyr with Scindo Prime in my case. Valkyr turned out to be a good choice as much for the reviving I did as for anything else.

It was fun for me simply by virtue of not having faced that challenge before. I think some people are pissed because it was the catalyst and not the reactor.

2 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Wait, even if I am behind it while he it busy with another player? Were it not a front attack like Nidus stomp? 

Explosions were blue, not the toxin/gas AEO he does. And all over the map. Not a Frost or Chroma ability. Looked a lot like Elytrons Thumper explosions. Was too busy trying to lure it from the pod and stay alive to screenshoot it :(

Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing that. I'd like to try the mission again to find out...but...I actually don't want to fight a bugged jugg for the third time...sorry XD.

Only when I faced the Jug at lvl120 with melee only do I realise how absolutely poorly designed the enemy is. It doesn't help that he can one-shot you with a shotgun that was fired 90 degrees in a different direction with no warning, which means that unless you play an invincible frame like nidus or valkyr, you're just 100% absolutely screwed.

I agree that the biggest problem was the lack of information going into the mission.  Finding out at the end of the last wave we brought the wrong load out sucked.  So we got him stuck on geometry and cheesed it.  Even though it probably would have been faster to just rerun it with a better loadout we were so annoyed that was not an option.

Had we known what the fight was going in and prepared for it, it could have been fun.  But this was just annoyance.