The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

We had a chroma, a Nekros, and two Octavia's. We basically couldn't do S#&$ to it except gently massage it with our operators. It was intensely boring but we appeared to be making progress, until at about 1/4 health it went and destroyed the cryopod.

Not bothering with a second attempt. What I have learned is "skip Design Council Challenges."

1 hour ago, (PS4)SciManSays said:

I don't know if this is PS4 only.

So me and a group of max-level warframes took on the new Lotus Challenge, having to take on 10 waves of level 100+ infested, with only melee weapons. 

Took us grinding like 20-30 minutes to get to the end, no problem, then a level 125 juggernaut shows up.

Literally took us 30 minutes of all attacking it before all 4 of us had died and lost all of our revives, we barely did almost 1/4 of its health. 

There was nothing we could do to kill it without it killing us all like nothing, even with us constantly re-reviving each other.

This is by far the dumbest idea I have seen Warframe come up with, and I hope they learn from this and never try something so stupid ever again. 

(in before all the noobs say "get gud" we were all max level, over MR15, with level 30 frames and gear lol)

It's a challenge, not for everybody. Get gud are the right words because you are here complaining instead of congratulating DE for making small steps into making warframe harder/endgame content.

You have bad builds/wrong frames/wrong weapons for this type of mission. The mistake is on you. 

7 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

If you can't handle the challenge than maybe the orokin reactor extermination is a better fit for you.

We finally start getting some endgame missions/challenges and players that can't handle them start complain. [Players shouting] We want a challenge, we want wf to be hard.....but still oneshot everything.

if this is the only kind of challenge the game has to offer in the future then warframe is doomed, it only shows the worst of warframe IMHO. this is like amateur terribad mission design, where the goal is who can cheese more, like most of warframe nowdays :crylaugh:

Edited by minidelight

gotta love the community: they ask for a challenge, we give them one, and they throw salt everywhere. just no pleasing some people.

I'll be doing this alert tomorrow, and honestly it doesn't sound like anything my Wukong and Galatine Prime can't handle. especially considering I now know about the surprise juggernaut at the end, but Juggernauts have never been a problem for my Wukong anyway. sorry but sometimes you just have to figure these things out for yourself.

man, I hope we do get a level 100 planet, I want ALL the salt from people!

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

We had a chroma, a Nekros, and two Octavia's. We basically couldn't do S#&$ to it except gently massage it with our operators. It was intensely boring but we appeared to be making progress, until at about 1/4 health it went and destroyed the cryopod.

Not bothering with a second attempt. What I have learned is "skip Design Council Challenges."

What builds? I carried my team with chroma killing enemies with ez with my secura lectra and dmg buff. Jugg took a few hits, a couple of revives later we finished the mission.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

um it was a melee only so unless someone took a gunblade that's going to be a bit hard to do...

One shot/one hit if you want to be nitpicking.

1 minute ago, minidelight said:

if this is the only kind of challenge the game has to offer in the future then warframe is doomed, it only shows the worst of warframe IMHO. this is like amateur terribad mission design, where the goal is who can cheese more, like most of warframe nowdays :crylaugh:

Khm....

3 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

It's a challenge, not for everybody. Get gud are the right words because you are here complaining instead of congratulating DE for making small steps into making warframe harder/endgame content.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Hopefully a bit of common sense will come soon in the design council challenge, it's still new so there's a certain 'newness' to the process of selecing events.  At present there's basically three lines of thought when it comes to the challenges

1 - make it as hard as possible to make it seem the design council are leet gamers

2 - make it easier so everyone can have a go.. all what seems to be picked is a catalyst after all so it's not like it's something special, just rare due to needing alerts.

3 - make it a challenge, by using things like melee/bow/sniper modifiers, but no so hard that it excludes players who haven't got all the gear yet

Edited by LSG501

The Juggernaut is easier than you would think. All you need is Energy plates, 1 Trinity EV build and 3 Valkyr Hysteria builds. Fight through all the waves until you reach the juggernauts. Trinity uses EV on the juggernaut from a distance while the 3 Valkyrs slash it into pieces. The only thing you need to look out for are the ancients that take your energy away. If this happens to you retreat, place a few plates down and go back and finish them off.

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

*Me and the other DC members*

Image result for vor laugh gif warframe

we did good this time, I hope DE lets us vote for even higher levels! soon the DC will have a monopoly on all the salt in the Origin System! :devil: 

it'll be fun for 5 mins, by which point my Galatine Prime will have turned the once tough juggy into infested Sushi. he can throw spikes all he wants at Wukong, it just tickles him.

5 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

What builds? I carried my team with chroma killing enemies with ez with my secura lectra and dmg buff. Jugg took a few hits, a couple of revives later we finished the mission.

One shot/one hit if you want to be nitpicking.

No idea what builds; was a pug. One player didn't have an operator. My nekros was being releveled (but was fine, although desperately short of a snooty power when the time came). I brought (uselessly, as it turned out) good primary and secondaries. 

I had a galatine prime, but one does not do well as a level 20 Nekros trying to throw down with a juggernaut. Or maybe one does, but dont. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Just now, (Xbox One)MickF1967 said:

3 Valkyr Hysteria builds

who needs hysteria? use hirudo and go nuts with warcry. you'll outheal the damage.

another option, banshee specced for sonar. that damage boost is absurd, and allows you to hit other spots. i had euphona prime equipped when this happened. banshee in my group hit sonar. i crit a jugg for almost 6 million in one shot.

man, there's a real divide here: seen dozens complain about it, and even more saying it was easy. pretty sure it'll be easy, just a question of finding the right cheesing method.I'll try Wukong with Galatine prime and work from there.

they think this one was bad... we got plans for Devstream 92!! :devil: