Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia vs limbo??

neto333

Question

14 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Ill say get Octivia first. She's easy to play plus you'll have a lot of fun messing around with her music by itself. Limbo is not easy to play with. For Limbo it will definitely take some time mastering him without taking no hits in a mission. 

To master limbo,

2+4+3+4+go to rift

21 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Redo every 10 enemies killed. ( Cheap estimate I know )

To Master Octavia,
1+4+3+L1+L1+L1+L1+L1+L1+L1+L1+L1+L1+L1+L1 (Etc)

L1 = Crouching on Ps4 ( Just to make it clear )

Before Limbo nerf, 4+4+4+4. best dps

42 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

If you play a lot of public matches, do a favor for the whole community and do not play LImbo.

Yeah, Octavia doesn't prevent the rest of your team from killing enemies. Limbo does.

I realize I'm being a bit pissy about it, but ATM I bail on PUGs if there's a Limbo on the team.

i would say get octavia first purely because she is easier to get. if you do get limbo as mentioned before please take the time to learn to play him properly or your going to drive everyone else up the wall.

Getting both is the correct answer, but it really depends on what you're looking for in your next frame and what's your play style.  To me I enjoyed Octavia's quest more than Limbo.  I use Limbo a lot more than Octavia, but I haven't figured out how to use Octavia fully yet so that might change in the future.  Limbo's trolling ability is much higher than Octavia especially because a lot of people don't know how to use him or bother to learn his mechanism, but her music might drive people bonkers.  It really comes down to personal choice.  What do you want?

Yeah, get both. If you're looking to spend more time with one though, here's what I've gleaned about their style from playing.

Limbo is a very strong Solo frame. If you dig Solo or want to get better at it, Limbo. Octavia is a squishy support. If you prefer to stick with the team, Octavia.

If you're into hard-controlling the battle, Limbo. If soft-control more your speed, Octavia.

Limbo is mechanically challenging, Octavia is very simple. Both are effective.

Limbo has a higher skill floor (skill/knowledge requirement to be passable with him), but also a higher skill ceiling (total badassery potential).

If you like keeping track of a few things at once in a fight, Limbo. Octavia on the other hand runs entirely on autonomous powers, so you can just toss them out and watch your HUD or wait 'til the tune changes, then reactivate.