The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founder's thoughts on umbra?

Phyrak

4 minutes ago, Vitrescence said:

Actually, Umbra was China's Excal Prime when it was released over there.

I know it was/is a prime there, but there is not here...... DE allready stated that umbra would be a universal thing ssssoooo yea.

Also shouldnt this be posted in the design council section? oooh wait DE destroyed de Design council by letting random people join in... Ha     ha        ha.....:sadcry:

Edited by Defion

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I'll take melodrama for 1,000 Alex.

Come on, let it go.  The only thing you'll accomplish with this is derailing the topic and possibly getting a warning point.

OP; I'm not a founder but I have played on Founder accounts (sssshhhhh) and I really don't think Excal Infra is going to diminish Excel Prime.  He will still be the first, he will still be exclusive to Founders.

Didn't derail; nothing in my post goes against the rules. And if i am being dramatic i'd like to see the adjective you have in store for TC. With the whole 'it's gonna be useless thing'.

2 minutes ago, Reefermun said:

Lol. Lots of these guys seem to be a little salty that they missed out. The reason Excalibur Prime isn't as big a leap ahead of the normal variant as compared to other prime frames, is because you can't get him anymore. I'd say DE were being pretty fair with the normal Excalibur when this happened. They didn't want all the other players to feel like they got shafted (because a minor armor boost isn't something to get heated over).

Actually that's not the case at all @ Why Excal Prime ins't as far ahead of Excal as other Primes are w/ their base. 

The reason Excal Prime lacks in comparison to other frames is extremely simple. He was the first, and was out in a period in which DE was tweaking Prime releases, armor, helmets, stats, etc. If Excal Prime had come out later like MOST of the Primes he would be on a level even with them(stat buff wise, etc).

6 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Didn't mean to insult. It was a genuine question. 

i see you have a fiancee so you're not a kid.

Bear with me:

Lamborghini released a few limited models (think of them as warframes).: Reventon in 2007, sesto elemento in 2010, veneno later on, can't remember the year.

You think a reventon owner is complaining at lamborghini for sesto elemento and veneno releases?

No they're not. That's how (successful) adults deal with the thing. I should say that the veneno eat the crap out of the reventon too. (although reventon is still my fav lambo by far, trivial but had to share lol)

This is a different case, however. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Cars are a different area than Videogames. Cars, Watches, etc. Those all have "limited releases" for their items - it's an accepted and sought after thing in those particular fields. (Nice car choice btw). In a game like this, it's a different story. When it's said that there will be a specific item given to players that will be exclusive to them for helping out, that means they shouldn't release the same thing again under a different name. It may be "Umbra" it may look "different" but it is China's Prime. So it's a free Prime. 

I wouldn't mind as much if it was like, a skin, or something like that. I can only hope that it doesn't reduce our NA Excal Prime to a Paperweight in my inventory. With no value what so ever.

Edited by Vitrescence

Current Thought: 

It is precisely pointless to concern myself with it just now.

Umbra was an obvious end run around the founder promises for the Chinese version, but I don't play the Chinese versions, so what happens there doesn't concern me.  And after Chinaframe gave out Lato Prime, I realized that even the Umbra end run was a lot of concession, considering their willingness to just flat out ignore the promises given by DE.

There is at least a distinct possibility Umbra will not just be a reskin/stat change, but will be tied to new mechanics which mean it isn't just another Excalibur Variant.

Most of the hype is based on an assumption Umbra will be a replacement for Excalibur, no strings attached.  But DE's now spent over a year holding off, so that is not a safe assumption at all.

There's no reason to get worked up when it's still possible Umbra will have significant downsides.  Perhaps it will have no in mission revives available, at all.  Or it's powers will be pure cooldown based.  Or any number of things that would make it a frame I don't even want.

They are not technically re-releasing Excalibur Prime so the title of this thread is just gross entitlement. If there are any issues it's something everyone can discuss; and to think Founders would have more say in the matter is just asinine.

Edited by Echorion

1 minute ago, (PS4)oinky44 said:

I wonder why the Chinese founder pack won't stay exclusive, but the pc one will ? Does that mean once warframe out of beta every one will get excel prime ?

I honestly hope DE wouldn't do that lol. If they made Excal Prime available to all that would be the ULTIMATE slap in the face to the Founders(like myself).

In the Chinese Build, Excalibur Umbra originated as part of their Founder's pack exclusive, named as Excalibur Umbra Prime. The pack also included the Nikana Prime and the Spira Prime (both of which were introduced in the Global Build with Saryn Prime instead), as well as the Gauvan Prime Sekhara, a shoulder accessory obtainable only through that Founder pack.

Like the Prime Warframes before him, Excalibur Umbra will be an entirely separate Warframe, and is presumed to have its own stats and polarities separate from either Excalibur or Excalibur Prime. Excalibur Umbra will also be a "global upgrade" to Excalibur, as opposed to being limited for a period of time.

Edited by Defion

1 minute ago, Defion said:

IExcalibur Umbra will also be a "global upgrade" to Excalibur, as opposed to being limited for a period of time.

Do you have an specific information from DE's mouth saying that, or is it an assumption?

IDC. 

When it comes to global build, I'll rank and bank it and stick with my Excal P, no matter what power creep it has, which it won't, it will have the same stats as Excal P, because DE isn't stupid.

Edited by Gelkor

3 minutes ago, Vitrescence said:

This is a different case, however. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Cars are a different area than Videogames. Cars, Watches, etc. Those all have "limited releases" for their items - it's an accepted and sought after thing in those particular fields. (Nice car choice btw). In a game like this, it's a different story. When it's said that there will be a specific item given to players that will be exclusive to them for helping out, that means they shouldn't release the same thing again under a different name. It may be "Umbra" it may look "different" but it is China's Prime. So it's a free Prime. 

I wouldn't mind as much if it was like, a skin, or something like that. I can only hope that it doesn't reduce our NA Excal Prime to a Paperweight in my inventory. With no value waht so ever.

I don't see them as being different things at all and i'd be extremely condenscendent if I hated on you for wanting to keep exclusivity exclusive. Who doesn't? I do too where it concerns me. But let's skip that part and...

...cutting to the chase: I assume Umbra will have the same stats as prime and by no means better. Same set of skills. If it gets a visual cue, then so should prime for that skill to cause why not? All in all in my eyes they'll both be an upgrade. One will be exclusive and the other one won´t; I don't see how that scenario turns prime into paperweight as it will still be the exclusive counterpart, exactly as advertised.

7 minutes ago, Defion said:

In the Chinese Build, Excalibur Umbra originated as part of their Founder's pack exclusive, named as Excalibur Umbra Prime. The pack also included the Nikana Prime and the Spira Prime (both of which were introduced in the Global Build with Saryn Prime instead), as well as the Gauvan Prime Sekhara, a shoulder accessory obtainable only through that Founder pack.

Like the Prime Warframes before him, Excalibur Umbra will be an entirely separate Warframe, and is presumed to have its own stats and polarities separate from either Excalibur or Excalibur Prime. Excalibur Umbra will also be a "global upgrade" to Excalibur, as opposed to being limited for a period of time.

Thank you! You really help break it down

4 minutes ago, ShinseiArashi said:

On topic though.. I'm completely fine with Excal Umbra coming to us. What I would not be fine with, and I doubt DE would do anyways, is if they launched Excal Umbra Prime here, but again I doubt they'd release the founder version for free.

That's a misconcept. There's only one umbra. Call it just umbra or umbra prime. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

I don't see them as being different things at all and i'd be extremely condenscendent if I hated on you for wanting to keep exclusivity exclusive. Who doesn't? I do too where it concerns me.

Exactly. If you were one who actually had this Prime, then you'd be a little ticked off too...

I know people are saying it's "Just Excal Umbra, not prime." But by the looks of it, they just took an eraser or marker and scratched out "Prime" but kept the rest

In the end, I hope Umbra is not better than the prime.

Just now, MagPrime said:

Scroll up.  There's a post explaining the difference.

It confirmed exactly what i said: In china Umbra is called Umbra Prime cause it makes sense as a founder item.

In here Umbra will be just called Umbra as we already have a prime.

There's only one model.

12 minutes ago, Defion said:

"Global upgrade" to Excalibur, as opposed to being limited for a period of time.

A Global Upgrade is technically a Prime. If they wanted to "upgrade" Excalibur they should have replaced his model or gave him this as a Deluxe skin. Not give a whole new Warframe under the guise of it being an Upgrade. :sad:

Can't wait for Excal Umbra for two reasons: 

1) No more where's umbra thread/questions

2) No more request to release Excalibur Prime

Cause we're all gonna get a more awesome and better looking Excalibur version soon.