Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despair can't equip Stockpiled Blight

DYSEQTA

Question

12 minutes ago, DYSEQTA said:

Hikou and Spira are clearly different weapons. Despair looks like Kunai, just a custom version of it.

That's like saying the Dread is just a custom version of the Paris, which it isn't. No, despair is not any 'version' of Kunai, it's a different weapon, period.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

2 minutes ago, DYSEQTA said:

So Hate isn't a scythe?

It is. But if a mod came out for...say...Reaper, you wouldn't be able to equip it on Hate.

E2A: If you look at the "classification" of Despair and Kunai, they are under the category of "Thrown" secondaries. Kunai isn't the overarching class. It's a specific subset of thrown secondaries.

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas

1 minute ago, DYSEQTA said:

So Hate isn't a scythe?

Dude, there's a very fine @(*()$ difference between Kunai, the weapon type, and Kunai, the weapon itself. Syndicate mods have always stated what weapon they are for, not the weapon type. There is absolutely zero reason to assume the mod saying ''Kunai'' means all Kunai type weapons. You're just being difficult because you -want- it on your Despair.

2 hours ago, Artorius-Alter said:

That's like saying the Dread is just a custom version of the Paris, which it isn't. No, despair is not any 'version' of Kunai, it's a different weapon, period.

Statistically, the Despairs as they are now are just a straight upgraded version of the Kunai. No ifs, ands, or buts. Kinda disappointing.

I'm really hoping that the Despairs get a buff sometime soon and that they get changed to a different damage type, preferably Slash. As being one of the rarer weapon bps that drops off of Stalker, the Despairs deserve some love.

I suggest we make the distinction of kunai (the weapon type, not a proper noun) and Kunai (the specific weapon and a proper noun, thus capitalized). It will make these posts a lot less confusing if this goes on.

My point is that it never occurred to me that the mod wouldn't work on Despair as I have always just assumed that Despair was like a Prime version of Kunai, a fancy variant in other words. Look at their stats, their size, etc. To me, and clearly others looking around some other threads, that it is exceedingly obvious that Despair is a "named" Kunai. So it came as a somewhat rude surprise when I went to stick it on my Despair and it was nowhere to be seen.

I'm not entirely sure why there seems to be such a severe response to some genuine confusion. Unless of course, all those making a fuss are simply salty players that are still waiting for Despair to drop and just taking out their frustration on me...

Something worth noting is that all of the Syndicate-style mods with the "+1 'syndicate adjective' " name a specific weapon on the base of them and not a weapon category. Right next to the Stockpiled Blight is Avenging Truth: Silva & Aegis - not sword/shield, Entropy Detonation: Obex - not knuckles, Voltage Sequence: Lanka - not sniper, etc. If Stockpiled Blight were to cater to a category, like your original assumption, it would have said "Throwing" at the bottom as well as not having the syndicate damage bonus. Perhaps that will help defer confusion on later rewards.

15 hours ago, DYSEQTA said:

My point is that it never occurred to me that the mod wouldn't work on Despair as I have always just assumed that Despair was like a Prime version of Kunai, a fancy variant in other words. Look at their stats, their size, etc. To me, and clearly others looking around some other threads, that it is exceedingly obvious that Despair is a "named" Kunai. So it came as a somewhat rude surprise when I went to stick it on my Despair and it was nowhere to be seen.

I'm not entirely sure why there seems to be such a severe response to some genuine confusion. Unless of course, all those making a fuss are simply salty players that are still waiting for Despair to drop and just taking out their frustration on me...

1. Despair is a 'named' kunai? By your logic, Dread is just a 'named' paris, which it isn't- they are two different weapons who only share the same weapon category.

2. The only reason there is a 'severe' response to your 'confusion' is that you are trying to be difficult by providing illogical reasoning whilst ignoring the facts others are giving you. You can't act entitled to have an augment for the despair just by saying you were 'confused' about the names- do some research instead.

a Square is a Rectangle, but a Rectangle is not necessarily a Square.

15 hours ago, DYSEQTA said:

Unless of course, all those making a fuss are simply salty players that are still waiting for Despair to drop and just taking out their frustration on me...

nope.
kHYewWA.png

we're just talking about facts.

Edited by taiiat

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Statistically, the Despairs as they are now are just a straight upgraded version of the Kunai. No ifs, ands, or buts. Kinda disappointing.

The above is one of the reasons I can understand why OP is thinking this.  

I have to completely agree with Dyseqta.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, DYSEQTA said:

My point is that it never occurred to me that the mod wouldn't work on Despair as I have always just assumed that Despair was like a Prime version of Kunai, a fancy variant in other words. Look at their stats, their size, etc. To me, and clearly others looking around some other threads, that it is exceedingly obvious that Despair is a "named" Kunai.

I even checked the Despair vs the Kunai in game stats.  What I found/noticed was that they had the exact same stats all the way across except for one.  The Despair has 20 more points in Puncture.  Same crit chance, status chance, firing speed, etc.  So in theory, there isn't really a reason that Stockpiled Blight shouldn't also work with the Despair.  Just as the Gleaming Blight mod works with the Rakta Dark Dagger and Dark Dagger.  

On 5/5/2017 at 1:29 PM, (PS4)abbacephas said:

It is. But if a mod came out for...say...Reaper, you wouldn't be able to equip it on Hate.

E2A: If you look at the "classification" of Despair and Kunai, they are under the category of "Thrown" secondaries. Kunai isn't the overarching class. It's a specific subset of thrown secondaries.

I would have said a  reaper mod but getting upset you cant put it on ether reaper

OP this is how it is...the augment is for the Kunai weapon.....which is a type of throwing knife. despair is a different kind of throwing knife...same as hikou are throwing knifes (stars if you will) and spira is a really BIG throwing knife. 

or so you can understand: A kunai is a type of kunai but despair is a different kunai. its ment for kunai kunai. (course by look alone none of these are actually the kunai your thinking of....these HARDLY look multipurpose enough)

((while were here...lets see if DE might bring espair back to its damage 1.0 days...when it was godlike. pleaes DE. return despair from the brink of death))

also WHY do we need a magazine mod for throwing weapons? this is basically a mode for blight and nothing else.

Edited by Ordosan

You're getting such a visceral reaction because the answer was disgustingly obvious. No where is there any real correlation shown or stated between the two weapons, and the way you made your post and your first comment displayed a complete state of ignorance, as in a lack of prior knowledge, while simultaneously acting quite sure that you were correct.

6 hours ago, Nipple_McLickington said:

You're getting such a visceral reaction because the answer was disgustingly obvious. No where is there any real correlation shown or stated between the two weapons, and the way you made your post and your first comment displayed a complete state of ignorance, as in a lack of prior knowledge, while simultaneously acting quite sure that you were correct.

Try reading two post above yours.

Also perhaps re-read my initial and subsequent posts. Did I ever ask for it to be changed? In fact did I ask for anything? I was simply stating that I was surprised/disapointed that it did not work on Dispair and have explained quite clearly why I was surprised.

My post was not in anyway aggressive or insulting to other players, unlike for example, yours and others.

1 hour ago, DYSEQTA said:

Try reading two post above yours.

Also perhaps re-read my initial and subsequent posts. Did I ever ask for it to be changed? In fact did I ask for anything? I was simply stating that I was surprised/disapointed that it did not work on Dispair and have explained quite clearly why I was surprised.

My post was not in anyway aggressive or insulting to other players, unlike for example, yours and others.

Mine was meant as no form of aggression or  to be hurtful, if you took it that way, my bad. I simply was responding to a question you asked prior, and I never accused you of really doing anything but not knowing something. You can get your panties out of a knot and stop trying to insult me. :^)