Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Break Raid/Trial into parts via Pass Token/Key suggestion

low1991

Just an idea. The current system requires 4 to 8 players consistently connected to the single poor player throughout the raid mission (consist of idk small multiple mission), with possible d/c across.

So why not split these raid mission into parts. (like, Law of retribution spit into part A, B, C, D, E, etc). Upon completion of each parts rewards that said part pass token. (Completing part A gives part A pass tokens.) These tokens are required to be presented in the player' inventory to start & join part B. (Requirement to start/join Law of retribution part B: Law of retribution part-A pass token.)

So example:

1. Law of retribution Part A completion = gives out Part A pass token.
  2. Law of retribution Part B requires Law of retribution Part A pass token to start/join, on completion = gives out Part B pass token.
  3. Law of retribution Part C requires Law of retribution Part B pass token to start/join, on completion = gives out RNG'd rewards, [based on wiki info, of 3 missions]

Pass token/key, as the name is too long for inventory, shortened for easier life.

Naming/colouring of pass token for easy player reading:

• Use faction' initial name for start. Grineer=G, Corpus=C, Infested=I, etc.
  • 2nd letter = the number of raids/trails for the faction released so far. Grineer' first Law of retribution = 1.
  • 3rd letter = part of the raid. Law of retribution part A pass token = A.
  • Stars on top right of pass token/key. 1 star = normal, 2 star = nightmare.

Meaning, for Law of retribution (normal) Part A pass token/key = G1A (with 1 star on top right).

comments?

There's a critical flaw in your suggestion.

Jordas Verdict came out in U17.9.1, on October 29th, 2015. Since then, there has been no new raid content. Only bugs, and bug fixes. Would you care to guess why?

Answer: A depressingly small percentage of the community raids on any degree of a regular basis. Not enough people raiding = can't justify expending the huge amounts of resources needed to create new raid content. No new content = no chance of revitalizing the raiding community = no chance of being able to justify new content. DE said it themselves on stream once: Not enough return on investment.

In other words: In terms of content, raids have effectively been all but abandoned.

I wouldn't mind a 'waypoint' approach to trials/raids so I can come back to a bit at a later time.  For someone who hasn't done a full raid/trial it appears that it can take is quite large amount of time, although obviously this can be made faster with the correct squad and a 'mentor'. 

I haven't done one yet purely due to ensuring I have the amount of time free to do it.   If it was split into sections I know I would likely give it a go because I can stop at 'waypoints' if I haven't got the time to complete it. 

As to lack of new content, it's a double edged sword in as much as why do more if no ones doing what we have now.... adding in the 'waypoints' might change that and help both sides.

50 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

Jordas Verdict came out in U17.9.1, on October 29th, 2015. Since then, there has been no new raid content. Only bugs, and bug fixes. Would you care to guess why?

Answer: A depressingly small percentage of the community raids on any degree of a regular basis. Not enough people raiding = can't justify expending the huge amounts of resources needed to create new raid content. No new content = no chance of revitalizing the raiding community = no chance of being able to justify new content. DE said it themselves on stream once: Not enough return on investment.

In other words: In terms of content, raids have effectively been all but abandoned.

That's not the answer. That's the consequence of the answer. The answer is because the raids are lenghty, boring, with 3/30 good rewards. I'm not surprised that there isn't enough ppl playing it. Perhaps if they have come up with something better, more interesting and more rewarding everybody would play it.

Edited by Nirrel

58 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

That's not an answer at all. 

Or else DE wouldn't have added a secondary fire mechanic to a literal roll of bread. 

OP: 

The reason they probably didn't do that is because they're quite a bit of complication just to do a raid, on top of how complicated it already is. The Raid itself isn't split persay into three missions, they have it do that because the game can't handle having everything there at once. These are just area loading screens. 

But I do like the idea of making it less stressful for people to raid. I don't do it anymore because it gets toxic too quickly. The last raid I ever did someone screamed at me for doing something wrong, even though it was actually their best friend's fault (and they knew that, too. Because when I left they kept messaging me.) But the less little annoyances there are throughout hopefully would equal more people being willing to do the raid. 

53 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

That's not an answer at all. 

Or else DE wouldn't have added a secondary fire mechanic to a literal roll of bread.

Weapon tweaks are easy. I'd be surprised if that change took more than a few hours to implement.

Raids are a huge undertaking, and DE openly stated that they aren't doing any new raids, because, and I quote: "low return on investment". 'Returns' require people playing that content. Lack of players is very much an answer to why nothing is happening.

Meanwhile, a simple tweak and the Hind has gotten an increase in usage. A low investment that's probably already seen a reasonable amount of returns.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

My only issue with raids, is the fact that it drops one or all of my party members every time it loads to the next part of L.O.R. I believe that this token system would help immensely. I like the challenge that the raidsraid bring, but I don't feel as though it should be a challenge to keep the group together.

Or... DE can do something like the sortie system with raiding.

I think the big thing here is that most players don't know what they're missing out on by not raiding, and there's no way to vector the players into the raids, so very few actually know about them, and even fewer know what to expect with them.