Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(deleted)

ShogunNoir

The drop chance for the puncture mods was all sorts of messed up. Clannies were getting all of them after 5-10 runs, while me and a few others got 2-3 in 30+ runs.

That kind of drop variance is just not fair or acceptable for a game that focuses on farming. 

I remember when war within changed the invasions seeming to give more of a purpose with their "mysterious construction project" back in November. I watched the progress with anticipation for days, which turned into weeks, weeks into months, till finally we complete it and... its gone in less than 72 hours?! Not even close to the months of invasions I ran to complete this mammoth project that didnt even last a weekend. The time it took for this thing to complete vs the time it was actually available are so severely unproportionate, and the drop rates seemed to follow suite for disproportion. 

I gave up trying to get the puncture mods from this event. I killed Razorback 24 times and managed to complete 4 sets of gorgon wraith. I'm not entirely sure how many toxic/status mods I had at the start, but I NOW have 16 pistol pestilence 14 toxic barrage 11 malignant force and 6 virulent scourge with 0 puncture mods found.

I could've easily killed corrupted vor WITHOUT spending an atrocious amount of poly bundles to receive the rewards I got.

This thing either needs to be extended or the construction of future projects reduced... drastically.

13 hours ago, fatboy22 said:

This thing either needs to be extended or the construction of future projects reduced... drastically.

Extension, yes. For the construction part, I think it's mostly our fault for just not doing the invasions. Some invasions are lasting for 6+ days. I'm sure we would've waited 6 additional months if there wasn't any Vandal weapon as invasion rewards or Zanuka's mark. Maybe DE should add some incentive for us to run invasions on a more regular basis. Maybe not with Formas/Catalysts/Reactors, but they definitely need to add other rewards than Fieldron and Detonite that no-one really cares about.

I'm pretty sure the total number of Razorback will be adjusted. For next time, probably. :p

My 2 cents on this event :

- Nice, I like Archwing so it was a good point that, at least, people were motivated to run Salacia lots of times. Took the advantage to forma Fluctus, Itzal and Centaur.

- Even though the Bursa Overflow was not very attractive on paper, I ended up liking the fight itself and the mission. A good mix between things to kill, things to hack and things to avoid. Maybe a bit too many consoles to hack, with every Camera locking the whole station down on sight.

- Cypher consumption. Well. Wtf DE. The big failure of this event, in my opinion. The crafting cost of Cyphers should've been divided by 4 and make the door hacking consume the Cypher for everyone in the group instead of this randomness nonsense. Only the Tenno hacking the door will lose his Cypher unless he is the host, then everyone loses it. Who arrived one Monday morning in DE's office, proposed this and everyone acknowledged it as the best idea ever ?

- Loots : Guess that's rare, I got it. 54 runs for 3 Puncture mods (2x Pistol 1x Melee), only 2 Gorgon W BP and a crapton of Gorgon W Parts. Not really a big deal on this part, a bit frustrating not to loot the 2 Primary Puncture mods, but I can survive as I'm nearly convinced I'd never have used them (maybe except to try a Puncture build on Ivara for Elemental Enhancement Sorties).

The Codex lists Razorback as droping Gorgon Wraith parts and Puncture mods - there is no mention of any status mods, so we all got ripped off, big time!!  Sure, it was over in no time, and that's a huge oversight, but to have the status mods dropping instead of the puncture mods is like a punch in the face... Why??

Here's a pic: 
CDEA25E45C3973662B5CB15DAB67944909B56669

Edited by CountX

My only issue is the amount of polymer it costs for a cipher. I've been doing clan research recently, and that entire process leans on polymer like a crutch to stop you from blowing through it all too fast, so my stocks were nonexistent. I had to grab my Nekros P and spend 20 minutes farming polymer on Uranus survival just to make one cipher. I killed it four times before deciding that it'd be easier, and far more worth my effort, to pick up the Gorgon Wraith parts through trading, and to wait for Baro to bring the puncture mods again. Other than that I was fine with the whole thing. Yes, even the Archwing. I'll give you that it's not nearly as good as the normal gameplay, but it's perfectly fine and considering that it wasn't hard to get enough of unique thing for 3-4 ciphers from one 10 minute mobile defense, it was no major interruption even if you hate archwing gameplay.

On 5/13/2017 at 1:48 PM, ShogunNoir said:

forced Archwing which no-one appreciated

Don't speak for me. I enjoy Archwing. Tired of you salty kids pretending like nobody likes Archwing because you guys never take the time to even try to enjoy it.

7 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Don't speak for me. I enjoy Archwing. Tired of you salty kids pretending like nobody likes Archwing because you guys never take the time to even try to enjoy it.

Not to mention there's only like three Archwing missions that require more than holding W, Shift, and mashing the Melee button, and none of them were the ones involved in this event.  Heck, it's even easier now that you get the basic mods from the Jupiter Junction, I went for ages without Rubedo-Lined Barrel or Enhanced Durability and did just fine.  And while I'd like to still be able to farm them from the missions, you can just trade for the weapon parts either directly through the Syndicates or from other players, so that's another argument against it gone.  AND you only needed four fairly common thingies per key, I had more than a dozen after two Salacia runs, the Polymer was far more troublesome than the ALUs.