The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Prime is NOT retiring despite the ingame news alert

Xekrin

Really DE?  Your choice of wording (already) is going to cause people who've not yet farmed her up yet to freak out.

How about better phrasing?  Perhaps it would be prudent to add the key terms Prime Access to avoid future confusion from new players, as yes anyone who's played 6 months or longer will obviously know what it refers to but we get new players every day and it is always good to ensure they understand such things.

Edited by Xekrin
attitude, baby

7 minutes ago, Neo_182 said:

The prime access pack is being retired.

It omits the words Prime Access, suggesting it is Banshee Prime herself being retired.

7 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Eating the word Access causes panic now :P

Yep

6 minutes ago, -Wholas- said:

It is going to retire by in two weeks so it is "soon"

You missed the missing words, because they weren't there.

5 minutes ago, Bravely_Casual said:

How about a better attitude?

No.

3 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Your getting upset over a thing someone "might" get confused about. How many even read that little screen in their ships?

My state of mind has nothing to do with it.  I read through 4 pages of the Prime Access Ends soon thread and saw several people going "Vaulted already? I don't have her yet!" So yeah, people got confused.  Thanks for your opinion though.

3 minutes ago, Uzpian said:

The thought of potential misunderstanding is making me laugh.

Indeed, it is quite amusing, and a little sad.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

"Retiring" is completely fine, although "ending" would've been the better choice.

retiring is fine unless it sends the wrong message and indicates the wrong thing being retired.

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Research for what?  If I didn't know it referred to PA retiring, this would be a very different thread.

Everything in that "News" section is just a title, if anyone wants more info on it they would click on it.

9 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Research for what?  If I didn't know it referred to PA retiring, this would be a very different thread.

You can click those links ingame if you're interested to read more about them.

3 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Everything in that "News" section is just a title, if anyone wants more info on it they would click on it.

2 minutes ago, CeePee said:

You can click those links ingame if you're interested to read more about them.

UH yeah, totally aware, thanks for the beside the point information.

And yet click bait on the forums is frowned upon.  If they mean Prime Access is retiring, why can they not just put it there in a clear and concise manner?

Why exactly am I being chastised for pointing this out?

Just now, Xekrin said:

UH yeah, totally aware, thanks for the beside the point information.

And yet click bait on the forums is frowned upon.  If they mean Prime Access is retiring, why can they not just put it there in a clear and concise manner?

Why exactly am I being chastised for pointing this out?

Might have to do something with your attitude

6 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Might have to do something with your attitude

Not really, even if I had done something like

"Apologies, good sirs and ma'ams for the inconvenience but it seems you may have misconstrued the intent of your phrasing upon the News Console within the game.  You see, it does not state Prime Access, but only that Banshee Prime is being retired.  This may cause a bit of turmoil amongst your lesser experienced players into believing they will no longer have access to obtain this frame.  Could I possibly trouble you to include the terms necessary to remedy this possible flaw?"

I can assure you it would also have been met with outrage at my insolence.  My experience on the forums has assured me of this outcome.