Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accuracy and Heavy Caliber.

BlakDogg1971

Ok I dont think I understand the math behind this. My Dera Vandal has 100 Accuracy. I put Heavy Caliber on it which has -55% Accuracy and it drops from 100 to 7.2. Now I know I am not a math genius but if you take 55% of 100 are you not left with 45?

I believe theres some kind of calculation between how likely your bullets are to stray from the regular pathing, making it appear lower than it really is. Like how multishot adds status chance to your weapon. It could also just be spaghetti coding

Edited by booty_hunter

Check out the above thread there are some given examples why. 

Essentially the stat is a hidden formula one which aggregates several values into one - like a meta critic score. 

Its dropping several different accuracy calculations and so it really isn't a good mod for the most part when you also consider that Damage + mods don't stack multiplicatively, it's additive. So in effect you're getting an extra 62% Damage from the mod if you pair it with Serration, along with a big hit to your accuracy.

Its great for the Ignis though.

it all has to do with the given weapons ability to land a shot on the reticle at it's particular fire rate. It basically puts a circle around the reticle, the lower the accuracy, the larger the circle. that last part is speculation from me, it just seems that it's how it works in a nut shell imo.

Yeah, guess games fail at math......cuz, yeah, 100-55 would be 45, but S#&$, I was never real gut at maths, so, idk....

THe accuracy hit is why my Heavy cal sit at like rank 6, cuz I dont want my Soma Prime turning into a bent blunderbuss.

Im thinked about this a lot too.

Its a mistery how accuracy works, i once tried ogris with heavy caliber and the rockets go out with impossible angles.

If we assume that every gun has a targeting cone, could it be possible that the data we see is based on the cones start? Like it increases the base size of the cone and shows us the chance to hit the absolute middle on the end of the cone within a predefined range and angle?

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, BlakDogg1971 said:

Ok I dont think I understand the math behind this. My Dera Vandal has 100 Accuracy. I put Heavy Caliber on it which has -55% Accuracy and it drops from 100 to 7.2. Now I know I am not a math genius but if you take 55% of 100 are you not left with 45?

Accuracy as displayed in the game refers to a dispersion factor around the aiming point. What the number actually means isn't really understood, but the effects of it can be observed fairly easily.

Yes, the 100% accuracy of the Dera Vandal suffers enormously from HC, more than more hitscan guns like the BratonP or SomaP. Ths is a clue: don't use HC on this gun. Projectile weapon dispersion seems to be affected by accuracy numbers differently than hitscan weapons. Flight speed of the projectile also seemingly figures into things.

Bottom line is simply not to use HC on projectile weapons where you care about accuracy. Personally, I don't use it on any projectile weapon. There are other options.

6 hours ago, Timberwolf581 said:

Just about every build I find uses HC. There's no other mod that adds 165% damage at max rank. (Except maybe a riven, but good luck rolling a dera riven mod with +165% damage)

Rivens can and RoF mods like Vile Acceleration can. Primed Bane mods can exceed this number, but have their own issues, not least of which is facing the corrupted.

The issue with HC is you can't miss hard enough to kill something. This isn't too much of a problem with low damage, high RoF guns, but it is an issue with low RoF, high damage weapons (like bows). Throw in the weirdness endemic to high status weapons and you do have choices on how you approach killing higher level enemies.

Paper DPS numbers are useful in getting an idea on what works how. It's not the whole story, though, and testing high status weapons usually requires hitting the simulacrum to actually put some lead on target and get an idea of killing speed when status effects are involved.

I don't use HC on projectile weapons since they seem to respond differently than hitscan weapons. The Dera Vandal mentioned goes from 100% accuracy to around an indicated 7%. This is very noticeable in use and makes the weapon very hard to aim effectively, with projectiles being sprayed in such a cone that leading targets becomes problematic. You can get close enough to ensure hits, but in many cases that puts you in melee range and you're better off switching to it.

On 5/18/2017 at 6:58 AM, Sloan441 said:

Accuracy as displayed in the game refers to a dispersion factor around the aiming point. What the number actually means isn't really understood, but the effects of it can be observed fairly easily.

Yes, the 100% accuracy of the Dera Vandal suffers enormously from HC, more than more hitscan guns like the BratonP or SomaP. Ths is a clue: don't use HC on this gun. Projectile weapon dispersion seems to be affected by accuracy numbers differently than hitscan weapons. Flight speed of the projectile also seemingly figures into things.

Bottom line is simply not to use HC on projectile weapons where you care about accuracy. Personally, I don't use it on any projectile weapon. There are other options.

Only Projectile Rifle I use Heavy Caliber on was Mutalist Quanta.

It did not affect projectiles accuracy, and before the rework Bubbles turned projectiles into hit-scan so -accuracy was a viable stat dump.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

dont worry. heavy cal on supra V. the accuracy is labled as better than base supra....but the accuracy is worst anyways. until DE implements an accuracy number that makes since ((Xspread/50m)) then the numbers will stay non-sensicle